Broncos to Las Vegas

This makes sense, if they have us play Canberra. Denver Broncos is the biggest enemy of Las Vegas fans in the NFL. We will get booed out of Allegiant.

Sucks a lot for us though, have to travel overseas and back to start the season. Not ideal.

349133815 631407789026823 8480408924283079868 n

I'm guessing it'll be at horrible times for us to watch, what a good initiative. Best case the NFL teams see a bunch of players they like and give them ridiculous offers.

Vlandy's is kidding himself if he thinks Murica will give a ****. They're the most stubborn backwards patriotic country on earth, they're not going to take up NRL in droves because we play a few games there.
Think that time of year there is like a 17 hour difference to the west coast us,so 5pm friday is 10am sat for example.

may even be less i think it might be 17 hours atm so 19 during that time or 15 lol

If they are going to do it, it would only be logical to send teams with names Americans may find familiar.

Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Panthers

Rabbitohs is slowly building brand awareness over there too. Shaq recently had an in-depth interview while wearing a south’s jersey. It would be smart to involve them and try and capitalise on some of that star power.

Shaq, Snoop, Rusty. Christian Bale, Pam Anderson, Chris Hemsworth etc

If they are going to do it, it would only be logical to send teams with names Americans may find familiar.

Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Panthers

Rabbitohs is slowly building brand awareness over there too. Shaq recently had an in-depth interview while wearing a south’s jersey. It would be smart to involve them and try and capitalise on some of that star power.

Shaq, Snoop, Rusty. Christian Bale, Pam Anderson, Chris Hemsworth etc
Would also need to be teams that play good football as well... which would rule storm out.

It's meant to be advertising of the sport to a new market... you don't send over a scum club that has turned into a grinding grub team.

Rorters also have no fans, so I have no idea why they're been put up, but I guess souths vs roosters would likely be a good game.

Us vs titans is probably more entertaining as a game, because titans play so open, but maybe us vs cows... except one team has to give up a home game derby for Vlando's NRL paid holiday to Vegas

Can't remember the last time I watched a game of rugby league which wasn't impacted, swung or flat out ruined by unnecessary, stupid, ridiculous or unbelievable refereeing decisions.

But yeah, sure, let's take some games to Vegas .. that will fix everything. The actual Australian fans won't be able to watch and the Americans won't care.

Didn't they play an exhibition Origin game in California in the 80s?

Too bad the Queen of Rock n Roll just died because the last time the game was any good was when she was up on stage belting out Simply the Best at the 1993 Grand Final (which we won)

Didn't they recently try to organise a match over there and the promoter cancelled it? I'm sure there was something in the works?

Yep imagine this scenario.

The NRL releases one of those unintentional rule explainer parody videos.

Then, the 3 people in the US who might think bout turning up because they couldn’t get tickets to whatever event they would have preferred to go to watch it and think ok sort of makes sense.

Then they go to the game or watch on tv and ask why Klein or the bunker make one of their usual inexplicable decisions and so they ask the person next to them who is a long time league watcher what just happened. The fan shrugs his shoulders and says who knows, the rules are open to interpretation these days and it’s just a lottery. Or the people watching on tv see the same thing and then hear Gould/Ginnane/Voss/Alexander/Vautin or whoever, it really doesn’t matter who complaining about the call and then the next one and then say that a right call shouldn’t be right because reasons.

Or just imagine, the most likely scenarios of all - either Matt Nable does one of his endless commercials or Mat Skith commentates.

Basically, the 3 fans at the game or the 10 watching on tv will turn it off, shrug their shoulders and think well that was pretty random and move on with their lives, maybe think about purchasing NFL tickets earlier.

I'll 100% be looking at attending. If given enough notice, this would be a good thing for fans that also want to head overseas. They should possibly look at playing the game a week earlier than round 1 to allow the sides to get back to Australia and get over any jet lag etc.

I think it would go off TBH. The NFL fans love the contact our game has. I think they would sell it out.

I just hope origin style rules are applied re biff and hits.

I think it would go off TBH. The NFL fans love the contact our game has. I think they would sell it out.

I just hope origin style rules are applied re biff and hits.
The biggest issue will be the pedantic ruck penalties. Free flowing game is the best product we have, and that's how it should be.

Didn't they recently try to organise a match over there and the promoter cancelled it? I'm sure there was something in the works?

I don't think it was the promoter who cancelled.

I think Souths basically flat out refused to go because of how poorly it was being organised by the NRL and how late the NRL had left it, giving Souths not enough time to plan their preseason and season around the trip.

I'll 100% be looking at attending. If given enough notice, this would be a good thing for fans that also want to head overseas. They should possibly look at playing the game a week earlier than round 1 to allow the sides to get back to Australia and get over any jet lag etc.
Think they were trying to line up a ufc event for the same weekend and cross promoting it would be a killer weekend if you attend everything

The biggest issue will be the pedantic ruck penalties. Free flowing game is the best product we have, and that's how it should be.
Just send Melbourne they don't get penalized for shit in the ruck.

These games need to be promoted properly beforehand otherwise they're wasting their time. Having a billboard isn't good enough. They'll need celebrity promotion. Hugh Jackman, The Wiggles, Russel Crowe, Snoop Dogg, Chris Hemsworth, all the pro wrestlers and UFC fighters that have ever worn a jersey when visiting Australia should all be contacted. In fact, get onto Dana White and work a deal to show massive hit highlight videos at an event. That's the crown this sport needs to target in America. Not the boring NFL loving fans. Get Daniel Vidot onto Triple H and Vince McMahon to help promote it.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.