Broncos to Las Vegas

Daly Cherry-Evans:

“They played an Origin game in the 1980s so it’s not like it can’t be achieved. I think the first step is playing some NRL premiership games up and running over there and once the Americans get a taste of it, an Origin game would blow their minds. Logistically, it might be difficult taking an Origin game to Vegas in the middle of the season with travel, but I’m all for the game growing and if we need to take it internationally, I’d certainly be open to it.”​

Abdo:

“We are focused on the double-header premiership opportunity for the US for next year. It’s a long-term plan to grow a fan base in a large sports market. Making the premiership double header is our first priority.”​

Wayne Bennett:

“I love Vegas, it is my favourite place in America. I went to America 36 years ago and that Origin match was meant to be a game changer. It wasn’t quite that, but at least we had some great memories. Allan Langer came third in a male-modelling competition. America is a great nation and their sports fans would love rugby league.”​
Alf rating third in a modeling competition! What a night that would have been.

Does this count as an away game for us, or will we still get criticised for never leaving SEQ?
🤣

Does this count as an away game for us, or will we still get criticised for never leaving SEQ?
🤣
Someone on Twitter said to me in the same sentence that the Broncos get all of the benefits, never leaving the state and a gift trip to Las Vegas.

Already got a trip booked next September to Vegas otherwise I'd go for this, **** yeah Vegas.

I like it

Union always play the ‘you get international travel’,

Let’s play the Vegas card, let the boiz bang some slots!!!!

Read earlier this morning that Vlandy's is in negotiations with U2 to be a part of the show.

That is gonna be soooo expensive. 💰💰💰

Used to be a big U2 fan, and I remember an interview with Bono. The cost just to get him to speak for 5 minutes would make eyes water. Idk .. guess if they are gonna go big .. they might as well go enormous. 👀

Bringing the Sin Bin to Sin City. Would be a great slogan for the NRL to advertise with lol. Enter Radley, it's time for him to do his stuff. lol.

Read earlier this morning that Vlandy's is in negotiations with U2 to be a part of the show.

That is gonna be soooo expensive. 💰💰💰

Used to be a big U2 fan, and I remember an interview with Bono. The cost just to get him to speak for 5 minutes would make eyes water. Idk .. guess if they are gonna go big .. they might as well go enormous. 👀

Bringing the Sin Bin to Sin City. Would be a great slogan for the NRL to advertise with lol. Enter Radley, it's time for him to do his stuff. lol.

If you're going to spend that much money on a headliner (who will have to perform in an acoustically awful environment with limited setup which is going to sound average regardless), surely you spend that money on a headliner that people actually want to see?

U2 haven't been relevant or popular in over a decade, and they're also not even American?

If you're going to splash big money on a performer in the US surely you get Bruce 'The Boss' Springsteen... He's an American icon, embodies the traditional 'blue collar' history of our sport, loves Australia and knows about Rugby League... a few years ago in Sydney I saw him perform a cover of 'Friday on My Mind' because he knew it was 'the footy song' to the locals.

This entire endeavour is such an enormous waste of time and if things keep going the way they are then the game will be dead here in Australia while these idiots are still carrying out their 'long term plan' to make the most amateurly run sport on earth popular in the country with the most professionally run sporting bodies on the planet. Good luck...

The more information comes out about this Vegas idea the worse it sounds, I didn't think it was that bad of an idea at first but it looks like they are blowing the entire budget to make this happen.

I think even Japan would be a better bet then this, union is decently big over there and they are in a similar time zone, this looks like nonsense that everyone involved will want to forget about after it happens.

Keen for the player misbehaviour stories. 100ish NRL players in Vegas for a week.

If you're going to spend that much money on a headliner (who will have to perform in an acoustically awful environment with limited setup which is going to sound average regardless), surely you spend that money on a headliner that people actually want to see?

U2 haven't been relevant or popular in over a decade, and they're also not even American?

If you're going to splash big money on a performer in the US surely you get Bruce 'The Boss' Springsteen... He's an American icon, embodies the traditional 'blue collar' history of our sport, loves Australia and knows about Rugby League... a few years ago in Sydney I saw him perform a cover of 'Friday on My Mind' because he knew it was 'the footy song' to the locals.

This entire endeavour is such an enormous waste of time and if things keep going the way they are then the game will be dead here in Australia while these idiots are still carrying out their 'long term plan' to make the most amateurly run sport on earth popular in the country with the most professionally run sporting bodies on the planet. Good luck...
U2 are already doing a residency this year at a new venue at the Venetian and have already added extra dates so not sure the they are not popular argument holds...

I'm sure there name has popped up due to them doing Vegas this year.

If you want people to get interested in the game from another country you should target younger audiences anyway.

U2 are already doing a residency this year at a new venue at the Venetian and have already added extra dates so not sure the they are not popular argument holds...

I'm sure there name has popped up due to them doing Vegas this year.
Couldn’t care less about popular opinion personally, but if you’re spending HUGE money on a musical act surely you want it to be someone that many people want to see… but according to streaming metrics U2 are ranked 274th in average monthly streams - 2 places below Bryan Adams and 1 place ahead of Eagles (whose lead singer has been dead for half a decade).

I have no doubt U2 have a passionate group of loyal followers to attend their shows, but this is a rugby league game and I’m not sure U2 is much bang for your buck… not going to draw crowds or make headlines so what is the point?

I can’t stand his music but The Kid Laroi is massive in the US and is Australian - think he’s even a Rabbitohs fan - and is in the top 100 for monthly streams… surely he’d be more affordable, would suit the young crowd the game is no doubt trying to convert into fans and would have both wider appeal and more potential to generate buzz / headlines with an American market and fit the whole US x AU theme?

Source: https://kworb.net/spotify/listeners.html

What dates do people think this is? Living in the Northern Territory I never get to see a game live so I 100% want to go to this game. Plus Vegas is by far the best place I’ve ever visited in terms of fun to be had

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • jd87
  • Gaz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.