NEWS Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

What? RTS won a Dally M medal and was just made the Captain of the Year? DCE just Captained a winning Origin series and carried Manly all year. Ponga speaks for himself as a proven matchwinner, and he's still just a kid. Hunt and Johnson maybe at a stretch?

You could argue Hunt simply doesn't have the talent to perform at his outrageous price tag because almost no player is worth what he gets paid, but he's still one of the best competitors in his side each week. He certainly doesn't go missing at anywhere near the level Milford does even when he's moved through a range of positions at a greater rate than Milford ever was. As for Johnson, he's hot and cold, but he still regularly wins games for Cronulla even with a shit roster and a spud Coach. When could you last say that of Milford?

Milford gets regularly outplayed and out enthused by Corey Norman and THAT is saying something.
Norman even out does him on the pokies

I'm happy to agree he always competes and is more consistent, I just see him as also highly overpaid. Origin probably skewed my reflection on his season tbh so was probably a bit harsh with my assessment above. Manly was 6th the year before and playing well in the finals largely without Turbo from memory though so probably lumped their fall on DCE a bit.
Manly also had a fair bit go against them injury wise outside of Turbo. Their spine was a mess for most of the year especially.

Through that though DCE was still their best or close to their best nearly every week. The Cowboys had plenty of dire seasons under JT as well, but through even those years he was still constantly working hard and busting his ass to compete and drag his side back up the ladder. That is the difference between those guys and Milford.

You're also forgetting that a portion of DCE's contract value is made up in the things he brings to the club outside of his own on field ability. Leadership, professionalism, experience and driving standards on and off the field, and that's before you add in the commercial value he has to the club and it's image which is hard to put a price on but he's highly marketable. Milford doesn't bring any of those attributes to the Broncos currently.

Morgan has been shit since the 2017 GF.

Yes he's had injuries, but so has Milf and many other players. Gets far less flak than he deserves.

Just tossing it out there, not defending Milf being shit for two years.
Morgan has played 11, 20 and 6 games in the last three years. He literally hasn't been on the field to cop flack.

Manly also had a fair bit go against them injury wise outside of Turbo. Their spine was a mess for most of the year especially.

Through that though DCE was still their best or close to their best nearly every week. The Cowboys had plenty of dire seasons under JT as well, but through even those years he was still constantly working hard and busting his ass to compete and drag his side back up the ladder. That is the difference between those guys and Milford.

You're also forgetting that a portion of DCE's contract value is made up in the things he brings to the club outside of his own on field ability. Leadership, professionalism, experience and driving standards on and off the field, and that's before you add in the commercial value he has to the club and it's image which is hard to put a price on but he's highly marketable. Milford doesn't bring any of those attributes to the Broncos currently.

He would should the Broncos be looking for McDonalds and poker machine sponsorship arrangements... Then he’d be in his prime...

Morgan has played 11, 20 and 6 games in the last three years. He literally hasn't been on the field to cop flack.

That's enough games to cop flak. Poor return on investment for the Cows.

I told you he was too fat but no one wanted to hear it. Now admit that 300k is a good price for Widdop and I’ll forgive everyone.
I said it was a good price....

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Skathen
  • LittleDavey
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • mitch222
  • Battler
  • Redux
  • theshed
  • Organix
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Scorchie
  • porouian
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.