-NEWS- Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
Other million dollar marquee players can manage to be coached by spuds with terrible game plans and still not go to absolute shit. That's the difference with Milford though. Unless it's 75% done for him by someone else, he can't do it at all.
Like who?

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
View attachment 10748 View attachment 10749
It really doesn't look like years prior, and injury at the backend didn't help.

How many excuses and reasons does the guy need? He’ll come out this season and play really well, get another stupid million dollar offer from our club and go back to playing comfortable footy again and we will have missed our chance to get an actual million dollar player

pagey

State of Origin Rep
How many excuses and reasons does the guy need? He’ll come out this season and play really well, get another stupid million dollar offer from our club and go back to playing comfortable footy again and we will have missed our chance to get an actual million dollar player
Very much doubt that, and I'm not making excuses for him. I just don't get the overweight calls this year, it just wasn't true. I don't think he deserves any more chances, if he plays good this coming season good, offer him $500- 600k or ditch him.

kooly87

NRL Player
Like who?
DCE, RTS, Kalyn Ponga, Ben Hunt, Shaun Johnson... should I go on?

Damien Cook became an elite Dummy Half and Cody Walker became a pretty elite 5/8 playing under the exact same spud Milford spectacularly shit the bed playing under.

I'm not absolving Seibold of blame, far from it, but Milford needs to be accountable for his efforts too and to suggest otherwise is to live in fantasy land.

Last edited:
Very much doubt that, and I'm not making excuses for him. I just don't get the overweight calls this year, it just wasn't true. I don't think he deserves any more chances, if he plays good this coming season good, offer him $500- 600k or ditch him.
If he absolutely kills it (plays at the level among the top playmakers in the nrl), then I would be happy with anything under 800,000 but only IF (and this is a very big IF) it is a 2 year or even 1 year deal. If he wants 3 years plus he needs to take a HUGE pay cut (wage between 300,000-450,000) regardless of his form this year. His lack of commitment to improvement and winning means longer deals will mean the same shit from him unfortunately.

JAHHW

NRL Player

Damien Cook became an elite Dummy Half and Cody Walker became a pretty elite 5/8 playing under the exact same spud Milford spectacularly shit the bed playing under.

I'm not absolving Seibold of blame, far from it, but Milford needs to be accountable for his efforts too and to suggest otherwise is to live in fantasy land.
I don’t like the bloke, but I have to eat humble pie and say Munster.

I thought he looked good purely because he was in a fantastic system. But he was the man in SOO, in an otherwise pretty average team.

He isn’t Lockyer, but he shares some of the same traits as him. He is always on the ball and when it’s time to win the game, he wants it in his hands. He is tenacious and a competitor. Win at all costs. He is also developing his skills, showcasing an improved kicking game and ability to follow a game plan.

I think it would be fair to say that Milford probably has a better all-round skill set than Munster, but he trails well behind when it comes to a desire to win.

kooly87

NRL Player
I don’t like the bloke, but I have to eat humble pie and say Munster.

I thought he looked good purely because he was in a fantastic system. But he was the man in SOO, in an otherwise pretty average team.

He isn’t Lockyer, but he shares some of the same traits as him. He is always on the ball and when it’s time to win the game, he wants it in his hands. He is tenacious and a competitor. Win at all costs. He is also developing his skills, showcasing an improved kicking game and ability to follow a game plan.

I think it would be fair to say that Milford probably has a better all-round skill set than Munster, but he trails well behind when it comes to a desire to win.
Yep, that's the sad part about Milford, on a skill level they probably aren't that far apart, but Munster is an infinitely better competitor and therefor a vastly superior player.

Milford isn't fit to lace his boots at this point in their careers.

Last edited:

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep

Half of those players listed are regularly lambasted on here for not performing up to their price tag.

kooly87

NRL Player
Half of those players listed are regularly lambasted on here for not performing up to their price tag.
What? RTS won a Dally M medal and was just made the Captain of the Year? DCE just Captained a winning Origin series and carried Manly all year. Ponga speaks for himself as a proven matchwinner, and he's still just a kid. Hunt and Johnson maybe at a stretch?

You could argue Hunt simply doesn't have the talent to perform at his outrageous price tag because almost no player is worth what he gets paid, but he's still one of the best competitors in his side each week. He certainly doesn't go missing at anywhere near the level Milford does even when he's moved through a range of positions at a greater rate than Milford ever was. As for Johnson, he's hot and cold, but he still regularly wins games for Cronulla even with a shit roster and a spud Coach. When could you last say that of Milford?

Milford gets regularly outplayed and out enthused by Corey Norman and THAT is saying something.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Carried Manly to 13th and 3-10 without Turbo? I didn't rate him in origin either. Munster literally took control in both our wins.

Even if you argue he’s had a bad year, he’s always competing and always playing to a high standard in a losing side, even if he isn’t worth a million based on results, he still is twice the consistent player Milford is.

Even Ash Taylor regularly seems to do more than Milf and he too is worth nowhere near a million dollars. The fact we are talking about Milf in similar terms to Taylor and Norman says everything.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep
Even if you argue he’s had a bad year, he’s always competing and always playing to a high standard in a losing side, even if he isn’t worth a million based on results, he still is twice the consistent player Milford is.

Even Ash Taylor regularly seems to do more than Milf and he too is worth nowhere near a million dollars. The fact we are talking about Milf in similar terms to Taylor and Norman says everything.
I mean you could just put the argument out as to whether you would take Milf on his $1m or SJ/DCE/RTS/Hunt etc. on the same $1m. Disregarding contract lengths (Hunt with another 2-3yrs I believe) and contract values (ie DCE on $1.3m).

Knowing you had $1m in cap how many of those existing million dollar players would you take instead of Milf

I know you love a list Sproj

Last edited:

johnyE

NYC Player
sunshine Coast
I just hope Kevie isn't trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear with Milford , because he'll soon find himself trying to polish a turd . Having said that , knowing what he has produced , get him fit and motivated, if that's even still possible and hopefully we'll see some of his old form return. He is extremely lucky I believe to still be in this team , It will be interesting to see how he performs under the Kevolution .

The Don

QCup Player

I'm happy to agree he always competes and is more consistent, I just see him as also highly overpaid. Origin probably skewed my reflection on his season tbh so was probably a bit harsh with my assessment above. Manly was 6th the year before and playing well in the finals largely without Turbo from memory though so probably lumped their fall on DCE a bit.

Last edited:

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
A fit Kelly in the squad excites me most for the fire it can hopefully light under our current halves pairing. Meads a great fella and personality to have around the squad, and has been more than a strong player over for the Dragons.
Finally some decent news!

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
I mean you could just put the argument out as to whether you would take Milf on his $1m or SJ/DCE/RTS/Hunt etc. on the same $1m. Disregarding contract lengths (Hunt with another 2-3yrs I believe) and contract values (ie DCE on $1.3m).

Knowing you had $1m in cap how many of those existing million dollar players would you take instead of Milf

I know you love a list Sproj

Million dollar players (and non million but likely to earn that much) I’d take before Milf:

Munster
Keary
Tedesco
Grant
C.Smith (and I don’t want him as he will burn the club and only has a year left most likely)
B.Smith
Ponga
Pearce
DCE
Brimson
Manu
Moses
Cleary
Walker
Cook
Morgan (if fully fit)
Foran (if fully fit, heck even half fit)
RTS
Maloney
Widdop
Williams
Wighton
Gutherson

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penza

Members online

Twitter