NEWS Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

He'll play a couple games but he won't hold down a regular spot. Media reports of him stealing the #7 jersey from either Croft or Dearden is just clickbait for the flighty fans.
benchie at best unless injuries or Milf shits the bed early.

Probably means that he should have stayed in NRL or at least should come back to the NRL.

Lachlan Coote is like the best player in their comp, it isn't a very high standard for backs.

I wonder if, as I think @pagey suggested, Kelly might get some time at FB.

With at least Milford, Dearden, Gamble and possibly Paix, I can't really see the logic of bringing in Kelly as just a halves option

Last edited:
I wonder if, as I think @pagey suggested, Kelly might get some time at FB.

With at least Milford, Dearden, Gamble and possibly Paix, I can't really see the logic of bringing in Kelly as just a halves option
Have we confirmed Gamble is even remaining next year? If you think about Kelly as a direct replacement for OSulliven it makes it much more palatable

I think he could definitely come in handy during the season. Broncos tend to get injuries in the halves. I don't really expect Dearden and Milford to last a full season. They may miss a few games here and there.

First choice

6. Milford
7. Dearden

Depth

6. Kelly
7. Croft
Dearden has played very little football in the last two years. It would be brave indeed to presume he'll get through all of 2021 without needing a rest or suffering injury at any point.

Considering his colleagues in Croft and Milford in 2020 combined to produce less quality work than one decent Half would normally provide on their own and we've also lost Sean O'Sullivan, I'm really not opposed to having Kelly make up some squad depth for us if he kills it in preseason.

Last edited:
Have we confirmed Gamble is even remaining next year? If you think about Kelly as a direct replacement for OSulliven it makes it much more palatable

I read somewhere, nrl.com I think, that he was about to sign for 2021 - the contracts were supposed to be drawn up. However, I'll defer to those on here better in the know than me, and repeat your question.

Not bad bad cost wise...at least abit of speed and experience from Mead for possibly centre/wing.
Kelly, experienced half to compliment Milford. Kev knows that's what Milf needs to recapture his best. Croft & Gamble to be next pick down if two above fail to fire. Not giving up on Croft too, a new coach would rejuvenate him for a brighter season.

Don't get the love for Dearden, he tries but is too young and it shows how slow he is against men. 2 yrs in ISC to horn his craft should be priority for his development.

I think he could definitely come in handy during the season. Broncos tend to get injuries in the halves. I don't really expect Dearden and Milford to last a full season. They may miss a few games here and there.

First choice

6. Milford
7. Dearden

Depth

6. Kelly
7. Croft
They will miss at least 3 games when they are the first choice halves for Origin :) 😁

Last edited:

Active Now

• Galah
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.