NEWS Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

Welcome mate , what's his kicking game like?
His long kicking game isn't a strength, but his short, attacking kicking game is good. Gets some height and movement to his high kicks, but he is there as the flair, off the cuff stuff, rather than structure and playing for territory. If you have an organising 7 and 9, he would flourish on the back of that

His long kicking game isn't a strength, but his short, attacking kicking game is good. Gets some height and movement to his high kicks, but he is there as the flair, off the cuff stuff, rather than structure and playing for territory. If you have an organising 7 and 9, he would flourish on the back of that

Unfortunately we don’t, in fact if you say, ‘As long as you have (insert whatever here)’, you can be almost entirely certain we don’t have it. We were one of the worst teams of all time this season.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we don’t, in fact if you say, ‘As long as you have (insert whatever here)’, you can be almost entirely certain we don’t have it. We were one of the worst teams of all time this season.
I noticed when watching over here! 😂

You have some great talent - Haas, Coates, Croft, Farnworth - what has been the issue? No experience around that young talent, or are they not going to be as good as they were made out to be?

I noticed when watching over here! [emoji23]

You have some great talent - Haas, Coates, Croft, Farnworth - what has been the issue? No experience around that young talent, or are they not going to be as good as they were made out to be?
Seibold was such a bad coach it's hard to tell which players are awful and which just got coached to mud. I'm holding judgement until next year.

I noticed when watching over here! 😂

No experience and the worst coach ever to coach at any level.

Depth signings at best.

Both of these guys played their best football over 7 years ago.
Unless they were mates of Seibold, this is all we’ve signed for the last few years.

Hi guys, Hull FC fan here in peace! I just wanted to say a few words on Albert Kelly. For me, he is the best 6 I have seen in our shirt. His ability to break the line, find a pass and do the unexpected made him a fantastic player to watch. His defence as well (which you don't see on highlights reels) is phenomenal - he hits hard! You may have seen images of him and a comment above mentions he has to lose weight, and it's true he does. He seems to have that body type that the off season doesn't like, but he can lose it really quickly. He did have some injury concerns over here, and he missed around 4 months of the season in 2019 with a concussion injury, but if you can get him fit, he would be a fantastic asset to the Broncos and the young kids you have there.

Here is a highlights reel of his time in the UK at both Hull KR and Hull FC -

I welcome our English cousins to the thread...but you need to watch a few NRL games to understand the ENORMOUS gap between the two comps currently...

As a mentor to the young crowd...yep he'd tick those boxes...

As a game changer at NRL level.....seriously cmon....

we lost David Fifita....for these two....???!!!

**** me.....

If you want English Super league guys, if this is really the answer you've decided....get the next Bateman, the next Williams......

Dont go down this route for ***** sake...

we lost David Fifita....for these two....???!!!

**** me.....

If you want English Super league guys, if this is really the answer you've decided....get the next Bateman, the next Williams......

Dont go down this route for ***** sake...
No, there is absolutely no correlation there.

Not against the kelly signing, not that I think he'll play a game for us but he's a depth half, we have them every year. Dargan, Scarlett, O'Sullivan etc.

I'd be concerned if he was signed for the first team but I don't think that's the case.

Not against the kelly signing, not that I think he'll play a game for us but he's a depth half, we have them every year. Dargan, Scarlett, O'Sullivan etc.

I'd be concerned if he was signed for the first team but I don't think that's the case.
I think he could definitely come in handy during the season. Broncos tend to get injuries in the halves. I don't really expect Dearden and Milford to last a full season. They may miss a few games here and there.

First choice

6. Milford
7. Dearden

Depth

6. Kelly
7. Croft

Bevan French was absolutely on fire this season, says everything you need to know really.
Probably means that he should have stayed in NRL or at least should come back to the NRL.

He'll play a couple games but he won't hold down a regular spot. Media reports of him stealing the #7 jersey from either Croft or Dearden is just clickbait for the flighty fans.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Thelmus
  • johnny plath
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • mieko
  • Porthoz
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.