NEWS Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

Hi guys, Hull FC fan here in peace! I just wanted to say a few words on Albert Kelly. For me, he is the best 6 I have seen in our shirt. His ability to break the line, find a pass and do the unexpected made him a fantastic player to watch. His defence as well (which you don't see on highlights reels) is phenomenal - he hits hard! You may have seen images of him and a comment above mentions he has to lose weight, and it's true he does. He seems to have that body type that the off season doesn't like, but he can lose it really quickly. He did have some injury concerns over here, and he missed around 4 months of the season in 2019 with a concussion injury, but if you can get him fit, he would be a fantastic asset to the Broncos and the young kids you have there.

Here is a highlights reel of his time in the UK at both Hull KR and Hull FC -

I only caught a couple of his games but he looked an absolute star for them.

He looked like a bit of a leader as well... like he knew he was the man to get the points and had his fingerprints on everything.

I dont know if he can recapture it in the NRL, but on a train and trial it seems a smart pick up and I'm surprised it was all under the radar.

Last edited:
Assuming your talking about Kelly... I thought about that but he would really need to be a lot fitter and prove he is good under the high ball before that... although defensively that could be a positive if what that hull fan was saying about his defence was right, I’m sure he would have a high level of defensive iq
Definitely said with a lot of ifs and buts in mind.

Hi guys, Hull FC fan here in peace! I just wanted to say a few words on Albert Kelly. For me, he is the best 6 I have seen in our shirt. His ability to break the line, find a pass and do the unexpected made him a fantastic player to watch. His defence as well (which you don't see on highlights reels) is phenomenal - he hits hard! You may have seen images of him and a comment above mentions he has to lose weight, and it's true he does. He seems to have that body type that the off season doesn't like, but he can lose it really quickly. He did have some injury concerns over here, and he missed around 4 months of the season in 2019 with a concussion injury, but if you can get him fit, he would be a fantastic asset to the Broncos and the young kids you have there.

Here is a highlights reel of his time in the UK at both Hull KR and Hull FC -

Hell yeah. A great signing then !

From the same City as Josh Hodgson, so sound more like him than any of the other suggestions made on here!

I always thought Kelly would make a good full back - and he did play some games there, but always played better as a 6. I look forward to hearing how he goes with you guys.

Here are some highlights of our pre season game against St George from 2018 - when Kelly played quite well despite us having a young side playing on the day:

Welcome mate , what's his kicking game like?

All three feeders sent players today- Souths sent Kelly. He's got half a foot in the door but so do the other five guys.

Also, i remember him being bloody quick too. Not Roberts fast, Roberts would wind up like a literal Jet, Kelly was quicker off the mark but not quite as fast top speed. He still had some toe in those videos but with 8 - 10 kg off him, could be very handy.

He's too old to be a direct competitor to Milford, in that he doesn't have a good 5 years left in him, but being a similar type of player at least it will keep Milf honest. IMO it will be one of those two playing beside Dearden.

Well if it keep Dearden out of halfback maybe it’s not such a bad signing

I said it elsewhere, but he isnt the kind of half we are looking for.

Kelly has always been a talented player. He just lacked discipline in his time in the NRL.

Let's hope that's changed. Otherwise he's not going to do much at the club and likely won't last long.

Kelly has always been a talented player. He just lacked discipline in his time in the NRL.

Let's hope that's changed. Otherwise he's not going to do much at the club and likely won't last long.
His weight might be a bit of a give away in that department.

Hard not to be impressed by those videos, TBH.

Love how he is always on the ball, has fantastic leg speed too.

Come to think of it, he looks like 2015 Milford actually.
So he looks like 2015 but it’s hard to be impressed? Hmmm...

hang on, i'm confused ... do you not want Dearden to be first choice halfback in 2021?

So he looks like 2015 but it’s hard to be impressed? Hmmm...
EE97EF3E A449 4667 AF50 D987D662841D

Think you may need to go back and re-read my post 😉

I think it’s harsh to judge Dearden cause he couldn’t lead an incompetent team to wins... he is the sort of halfback that whilst he is young needs confidence and will play well and compliment those around him well

I think it’s harsh to judge Dearden cause he couldn’t lead an incompetent team to wins... he is the sort of halfback that whilst he is young needs confidence and will play well and compliment those around him well
hang on, i'm confused ... do you not want Dearden to be first choice halfback in 2021?
😂 I meant Turpin

Active Now

• Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Strop
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.