NEWS Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

They will miss at least 3 games when they are the first choice halves for Origin :) 😁

Are you expecting all of:

Munster
DCE
Taylor
Morgan
Clifford
Mann
Hunt
Norman
Lewis
Walker
Lam
Brimson
Ponga
Fogarty

To be unavailable next year?

1db7a83c08d10bbb6f16011fda5f3eb6.jpg

Are you expecting all of:

Munster
DCE
Taylor
Morgan
Clifford
Mann
Hunt
Norman
Lewis
Walker
Lam
Brimson
Ponga
Fogarty

To be unavailable next year?
I sure hope not!
And you probably know, but just in case it did get lost in the interwebs......I was just joking :)

I said it elsewhere, but he isnt the kind of half we are looking for.
He's like a Chris Sandow, an instinct player, which you need. Why he isn't what we are looking for is that we need an organiser, a boring % kick, knows the plays, no frills, (dare I say it) Gutho clone in the 7. Always there, always on song, and then let Milford/Kelly play the adlib, highlight reel game plan.

He's like a Chris Sandow, an instinct player, which you need. Why he isn't what we are looking for is that we need an organiser, a boring % kick, knows the plays, no frills, (dare I say it) Gutho clone in the 7. Always there, always on song, and then let Milford/Kelly play the adlib, highlight reel game plan.

That will be Dearden.

That will be Dearden.
It is going to be Dearden, come out and sell him as that half for the coming year, and give him that year to sink or swim. None of this chopping and changing based on Joe at the pub's thoughts. After the 2021 season we can make a informed choice if he will be our sensible half moving forward.

Kelly will be Kevvie's little motivator to get Milford going again.

If Milford doesn't perform - in comes Kelly.

Without Kelly, Milford will continue to be unmotivated and perform for a pay cheque.

Croft will keep Deardon honest.
I do like competition for spots, but I hope it's more of a, these guys are playing well and deserve a shot, rather than, you first choice ***** are playing so badly that anyone else is a better option.

It is going to be Dearden, come out and sell him as that half for the coming year, and give him that year to sink or swim. None of this chopping and changing based on Joe at the pub's thoughts. After the 2021 season we can make a informed choice if he will be our sensible half moving forward.
There is every chance that Kevvie has told Dearden that he the #1 halfback next year, showing faith in the young playmaker.

The fact that it hasnt been mentioned to the press ( so far at least) is clever in that it takes the pressure off the young bloke.

A classic Bennett ploy.

I do like competition for spots, but I hope it's more of a, these guys are playing well and deserve a shot, rather than, you first choice ***** are playing so badly that anyone else is a better option.
I've seen it for years - guys on big money slacken off and don't give it their all.

There's exceptions like Lockyer and other champions.

But so many who are contracted on big money lose motivation. Milford is one prime example.

It will be interesting to see how David Fifita goes over the next couple of years.

Such a way with words 🤣

I've seen it for years - guys on big money slacken off and don't give it their all.

There's exceptions like Lockyer and other champions.

But so many who are contracted on big money lose motivation. Milford is one prime example.

It will be interesting to see how David Fifita goes over the next couple of years.
I was just thinking about Ben Hunt today, a 5 year $1.1m deal. That is insane.

Though to Bens credit I do think he tries his hardest, he just isn’t worth close to a mil.

I was just thinking about Ben Hunt today, a 5 year $1.1m deal. That is insane.

Though to Bens credit I do think he tries his hardest, he just isn’t worth close to a mil.
2021 will be a treading water year. I'm sure it has been discussed? Benji Marshall as a back up, stop-gap? I can't see Milford here in 2022. Enough is enough. Ben Hunt..Who here didn't know he wasn't close to a $mill season? More $500k. Instinctive player, not game manager. More 5/8 to than halfback. Handy player on the books but not a player to build a team around. Cam Smith makes the 100-200k players look much better. Ben Hunt needs players around him, to make him look much better...

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • ivanhungryjak
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • bazza
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.