Broncos Toyota Cup Results.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Just thought we should keep an eye on how the real Baby Broncos are going for those who are interested.

We're off to fairly ordinary start so far.

2008 Results

Round 1: Lost 28-24 vs Panthers
Round 2: Lost 40-16 vs Roosters
Round 3: Won 32-10 vs Cowboys
Round 4: Won 28-24 vs Storm
Round 5: Won 26-20 vs Knights
Round 6: Lost 30-20 vs Titans
Round 7: Lost 28-16 vs Rabbitohs
Round 8: Lost 31-18 vs Tigers
Round 9: Won 42-12 vs Sea Eagles
Round 10: Won 40-8 vs Sharks
Round 11: Bye
Round 12: Won 32-6 vs Eels
Round 13: Drew 22-22 vs Dragons
Round 14: Lost 48-8 vs Raiders
Round 15: Won 48-0 vs Tigers
Round 16: Won 38-24 vs Panthers
Round 17: Bye
Round 18: Lost 33-16 vs Bulldogs
Round 19: Won 34-16 vs Cowboys
Round 20: Won 40-4 vs Sharks
Round 21: Lost 28-24 vs Raiders
Round 22: Won 32-12 vs Warriors
Round 23: Won 30-22 vs Dragons
Round 24: Won 40-12 vs Titans
Round 25: Won 40-12 vs Bulldogs
Round 26: Won 18-6 vs Knights

Season record: 15 wins - 8 losses - 1 draw
Final ladder position: 2nd

Finals Week 1: Won 28-22 vs Bulldogs
Finals Week 2: Week off

From what I have seen i think our U20's need to harden Up.

They looked unfit to me last night.

we lost to the panthers last week and the panthers just got smoked by the raiders.

Panthers *should* be close to the favourites for the comp.

I don't think we'll see any decent results in this comp for a few years yet. We're still in somewhat of a transitioning stage where the likes of Kemp, Taylor etc. are doing the Q-Cup thing.

We just have to be patient, because most of our juniors that are coming through the ranks are still with a Q-Cup team and I don't think they wanna disrupt that just yet.

It'll be great to get all the young ones used to all of the travel and playing at the range of venues imo. Help to add to a much higher quality competition icon_thumbs_u

mick! said:
Panthers *should* be close to the favourites for the comp.

I don't think we'll see any decent results in this comp for a few years yet. We're still in somewhat of a transitioning stage where the likes of Kemp, Taylor etc. are doing the Q-Cup thing.

We just have to be patient, because most of our juniors that are coming through the ranks are still with a Q-Cup team and I don't think they wanna disrupt that just yet.

It'll be great to get all the young ones used to all of the travel and playing at the range of venues imo. Help to add to a much higher quality competition icon_thumbs_u

We won't get decent results unless the Broncos take it seriously. They basically just dump the under 20s who they don't feel are up to Queensland Cup in that grade. Wouldn't surprise if we finish close to last.

Do you know if teh NRL are running a website on this comp? I can't seem to find out any information (or is in plain view and I've just missed it?)

Coxy said:
We won't get decent results unless the Broncos take it seriously. They basically just dump the under 20s who they don't feel are up to Queensland Cup in that grade. Wouldn't surprise if we finish close to last.

I'd rather our younger players that are a chance of first grade getting a run in the QLD cup personally.

Well done to the Under 20s last year with their maiden win. 32 to 10.

Burg said:
Do you know if teh NRL are running a website on this comp? I can't seem to find out any information (or is in plain view and I've just missed it?)

Broncos.com.au have the sight.

The NYC boys just picked up their second win of the year, beating Melbourne 28-24. Well done fellas icon_thumbs_u

Major JW Hochstetter said:
The NYC boys just picked up their second win of the year, beating Melbourne 28-24. Well done fellas icon_thumbs_u

What a comeback, Melbourne led 24-0 at half-time.

good to see the young boys doing well. Great comeback to that shows some serious ticker. icon_thumbs_u

Miraculous Win For Young Broncos
Fri 04.4.2008 - Trad McLean

THE WOW Brisbane Broncos Under-20 team have pulled off a miraculous escape in the National Youth Competition game at Olympic Park tonight.

Down 24-0 at halftime, the young Broncos somehow dug themselves out of the hole, with winger Mitch Rivett – who was on debut for the club – scoring a try with 70 seconds remaining to snatch a 28-24 win.

BRISBANE BRONCOS 28 (J Yow Yeh, T Butterfield, J McGuire, J Kahu, M Rivett tries; B Hunt 4 goals) defeated MELBOURNE STORM 24 (M Fawcett, L Foran, J Tomane, W Naitoro tries; L Foran 4 goals).
Referee: Brett Suttor.

http://www.broncos.com.au./index.php?page_id=3579

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Miraculous Win For Young Broncos
Fri 04.4.2008 - Trad McLean

THE WOW Brisbane Broncos Under-20 team have pulled off a miraculous escape in the National Youth Competition game at Olympic Park tonight.

Down 24-0 at halftime, the young Broncos somehow dug themselves out of the hole, with winger Mitch Rivett – who was on debut for the club – scoring a try with 70 seconds remaining to snatch a 28-24 win.

BRISBANE BRONCOS 28 (J Yow Yeh, T Butterfield, J McGuire, J Kahu, M Rivett tries; B Hunt 4 goals) defeated MELBOURNE STORM 24 (M Fawcett, L Foran, J Tomane, W Naitoro tries; L Foran 4 goals).
Referee: Brett Suttor.

http://www.broncos.com.au./index.php?page_id=3579

Good to see Mitchy Rivett win it for them icon_thumbs_u . He scored 3 tries in his first two games for Redcliffe this year before he made way for Frawley. He has plebty of speed and is good under the high ball

Great stuff from the young fellas. Horrible start to the season but they're 2 and 2 now - hope they keep it going.

The kids won again today I see ... came from 20-6 down to win 26-20 [eusa_clap.gi

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Scdeac
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.