Broncos Toyota Cup Results.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
I think we have been close to the 2nd best team so far this year in the U20s, so I believe we warrant coming 2nd over Parra, Warriors or the Panthers.

Tremendous effort from the young guys though! I hope they can take it all the way and win the comp. They certainly have the form and squad to do it.

Broncos play Bulldogs on Friday night at SFS before 1st grade game, after the 40-12 win over them 2 weeks ago at ANZ should beat them again and be 1 game from GF

brisbroncosboy said:
Broncos play Bulldogs on Friday night at SFS before 1st grade game, after the 40-12 win over them 2 weeks ago at ANZ should beat them again and be 1 game from GF

Surely they are playing this game at Suncorp, because it supposed to be a home game for us, not an AWAY game!

If this is the case its virtually a home final for the team who finished 7th, whoch would be a disgrace [icon_non

Toyota cup games at same venues as NRL main games, and they try and match up with senior sides wherever they are playing, thus SFS. So SBBS get there early as imagine 2 teams in GF's on that big day in October !!!

Russo said:
Toyota cup games at same venues as NRL main games, and they try and match up with senior sides wherever they are playing, thus SFS. So SBBS get there early as imagine 2 teams in GF's on that big day in October !!!

I gathered that would be the case, but then what is the point of finishing in the top 4? It really only means you get a 2nd chance because you wont get a home final [icon_lol1.

I will be there early then if the game is on beforehand. I love watching them play :P

Yeah but what's the point of playing at an empty Suncorp Stadium? Because I guarantee you wouldn't get more than 5000 to a Toyota Cup game standing alone!

But they basically play in front of empty stadiums now anyway.

5:30 kick off I think, and it'll be live on Fox.

Yeah, but at least the main game follows them. It'd be a massive exercise in wasted money to stage standalone NYC games at major venues like suncorp stadium.

ethos said:
5:30 kick off I think, and it'll be live on Fox.

Will Fox play a Friday night game when they don't have the TV rights for the NRL game, hope so but unlikely I would have thought, maybe they'll show the NYC before the Saturday early game and Sunday game eusa_think

I am very glad to hear the Broncos U20's will play on friday night. This shows the NRL are really looking after the fans of the game.
For this game to be played on Saturday night at Suncorp would be a disgrace given the poor attendance it would generate.

Can confirm the Broncos v Bulldogs game will be televised live at 5.30pm on friday. (source, foxtel online tv guide)

Yeah, I'd imagine the broadcast rules would be different for the finals Russo. Foxtel don't have live coverage of any of the finals, so I imagine they'd have negotiated rights to show all NYC finals live. Except maybe the GF which Nein may include in its coverage.

Prince Langer said:
Can confirm the Broncos v Bulldogs game will be televised live at 5.30pm on friday. (source, foxtel online tv guide)

Good stuff, these games are often better than the main ones IMHO

Broncos NYC Team vs Bulldogs

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Mitch Rivett
3 Will Tupou
4 Brendon Gibb
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Jared Kahu
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Mitchell Dodds
11 Matt Handcock
12 Matt Gillett
13 Alex Glenn ©
Interchange
14 Michael Spence
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Guy Ford
17 Troyden Watene
18 Jeremiah Walters

what happened to Beale? i haven't seen him named for a while

Beale was injured aganist the Sharks or might of been aganist the Dragons. Anyway he was hurt after a heavy tackle, and don't know what the exact problem is.

mick! said:
Great work by the 20s after a really slow start to the season. A draw between the Eels and Warriors could even keep us in second, if another result (forget which one) goes the right way.

Huge effort and a top four berth is most unexpected IMO. A massive achievement.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Knew it was possible, but didn't think it would happen!

Phenomenal effort from our young fellas. One of the form teams of the competition and.... dare I say it? We could win this thing!

Active Now

• Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.