Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
And I don't hear anyone complaining about Gagai being given a walk up start on the wing despite only playing one trial in first grade and playing well.

What would be the point?? We have no better options on the wing. We have much better option in the forwards, a spastic would be a better option than Carlaw.. Carlaw is no Brad Thorn.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
See this is where your bias against Carlaw goes too far. I was as critical as anyone of re-signing him, and of his past contribution to the Broncos (particularly his later seasons). However, that decision is made. His past has to be forgotten and judge him on what he does for the Broncos.

If he is picked for Round 1 based on trial form, I'm comfortable with that. If he's subsequently poor/average and replaced by Dodds or Anderson, I'm just as comfortable with that.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
See this is where your bias against Carlaw goes too far. I was as critical as anyone of re-signing him, and of his past contribution to the Broncos (particularly his later seasons). However, that decision is made. His past has to be forgotten and judge him on what he does for the Broncos.

If he is picked for Round 1 based on trial form, I'm comfortable with that. If he's subsequently poor/average and replaced by Dodds or Anderson, I'm just as comfortable with that.

I hope you do the same for Peter Wallace... [icon_evillaugh

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
And I don't hear anyone complaining about Gagai being given a walk up start on the wing despite only playing one trial in first grade and playing well.

Exactly. And considering Hook came out and said that there are spots in the 17 up for grabs based on performances at Redcliffe, We should all be very pleased to hear that Carlaw did all he could to give himself the best opportunity. Anderson did not.

I'm not saying Anderson was woeful but he just didn't grab the opportunity and it was a big opportunity being in the starting side in that trial. So I don't think anyone has a right to be 'pissed off' should Carlaw get the nod.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How did Anderson play in the first two trials???

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

I hope you do the same for Peter Wallace... [icon_evillaugh

So far I am. Look further up the thread and note that I see Hunt playing QLD Cup at halfback for a while to get a full 80 minutes game time.

Realistically while fit, Wallace will get first crack at the 7 and if he shows form he will retain it. I just hope if he doesn't show form that Griffin shows some guts and sends him back to Q Cup and gives Hunt a run - assuming Hunt is showing sufficient form in QLD Cup or off the bench.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
How did Anderson play in the first two trials???

No idea. Can you tell me?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1auhoawu]How did Anderson play in the first two trials???

LOL no that is why I asked..[/quote:1auhoawu]

Why are you blowing up then? You haven't seen any form!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1u3979ml]How did Anderson play in the first two trials???

LOL no that is why I asked..

Why are you blowing up then? You haven't seen any form![/quote:1u3979ml]

Because I know that Carlaw is a cat. Anderson is not. [icon_shru

Just ignore me I do.. [icon_evillaugh

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Can't wait til this game. Got my tickets. Yay.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
According to Matt Marshall at the Courier Mail, both Anderson and Carlaw are set to miss out

No idea if this guy is a reliable source though!

The Broncos' engine room for the round 1 blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium is expected to be at full strength when new coach Anthony Griffin officially names his first NRL premiership side next Tuesday.

It is set to be headlined by Test stars Sam Thaiday and Ben Hannant, while ex-Cowboy Shane Tronc and backrow dynamos Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Ben Te'o and Alex Glenn will add extra punch.

It is believed impact forward Josh McGuire, who celebrates his 21st birthday tomorrow, will also earn a bench spot ahead of a host of other contenders jostling for jumpers. Illustrating the forward depth at Red Hill, ex-Test star Dane Carlaw, Nick Kenny, Scott Anderson, Mitchell Dodds, Dunamis Lui and David Hala are the forwards facing probable omission against the Cowboys.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... -round-one

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Are there any tickets left for this match???? [icon_shru

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
If Carlaw gets picked he will show just as little heart as he did for sadly the vast majority of his career, the guy has the frame and the talent but never had the heart for the NRL over a long period.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Brizz said:
If Carlaw gets picked he will show just as little heart as he did for sadly the vast majority of his career, the guy has the frame and the talent but never had the heart for the NRL over a long period.

but he played well in a trial mate.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Oh noes how will the Broncos cope without the highly vaunted Scott Anderson if that despicable Dane dares to seek his reward and claim a bench spot worth somewhere between 20-30 minutes on the back of a good performance?!

Romeo and Juliet had nothing on this tragedy!!!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Decent bench too, Thaiday will probably move to prop at some point in the game.

I'll be very interested to see how McGuire has improved over the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.