Broncos V Dragons Match Thread Spoilers

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Ive got the same feeling about this game as I did for the Storm.

Broncs by 8

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Broncos V Dragons Match Thread

Good vibes for me too mate.

Listening on the radio, our defence seems to be pretty solid so far - we've forced the Dragons into touch a few times.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

Nice work Browny

I tipped the Dragons, but i have a feeling the Broncos will get up in this (work that one out)

Broncos by 8 icon_thumbs_u

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008

jarro65 said:
Nice work Browny

I tipped the Dragons, but i have a feeling the Broncos will get up in this (work that one out)

Broncos by 8 icon_thumbs_u

Yeah sorry mate I stole your thunder

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008

I suppose everyone must have been at the match! I don't see the word "spoiler" anywhere. Am I allowed to mention the score?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008

I'd wait til 6pm then everyone not at the game may have watched the delayed telecast.

Sorry, can the admins fix the title?

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009

Maybe we should edit the title to make this the thread for us who already know the result. Doesn't seem to be anyone wanting to discuss the delayed telecast.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Title Edited talk away

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Good.

As a game of football, that was pretty disappointing. Really lacked the intensity that our 2 wins over them last season had. Felt like we never really hit top gear, and the Dragons were pretty bad. Not sure what we would do without Folau.

Really good to have a win though. Moves us to 7th. We should be able to demolish the Cows next week.. unless they go into the game thinking that.

As was the case last week, I think Macca was better than Hunt. Although both of them really need to pick it up. Macca made a pretty horrible attempt at a pass towards the end and Hunt put in a woeful kick earlier on.

Which reminds me.. I can't believe how many forward passes the Dragons throw. Not just this game, but all season. Refs really need to watch a tape of them or something.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I thought Macca was very good.

Also, I am actually happy we didn't go all out. It's hard to back up a huge performance, and we need all the wins we can get.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I thought Macca was his typical useless self at dummyhalf.
And Wallace...

Everyone else was very solid, defensively outstanding!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Hard to pick a low point from the game, so many to choose from. A win from a game we probably didn't count on plus some other results sees us in good shape and counting only on our own performance.

Wallace was great today, just getting better every week and anyone who disagrees ... is absolutely right.
F@#k me he is playing poorly ATM.

The refs were as bad as the players to round off a crap game, how many forward passes both ways did they miss, forgetable all round game.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Macca was good today, he looked slow because he is getting slow play the balls from guys like Tronc and Kenny but his service was generally good and defensively he was superb today. Wallace was crap, is crap and will continue to be crap. Our back 3 were fantastic today and so were our centres. It is good to win games like this at this time of year especially after how poor we defended last week. Thought Gillett relished the extra minutes and Parker and Thaiday were great as usual, Tronc and Kenny were pretty poor early they are just too slow and soft in combination and we looked far better 20 minutes in when Andersen and Dodds came in, Andersen particularly was excellent hitting the ball up.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
FMD some of you guys are hard to please.

We held off the competion frontrunners with a spirited display, what more could we possibly want ?

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
jarro65 said:

We held off the competion frontrunners with a spirited display, what more could we possibly want ?
They certainly didn't play like competition frontrunners though.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, ordinary match from both sides. Dragons have been ordinary for the last month too, hope they keep that up!

Hoffman MOTM for both Nein and Broncos ground award.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hoffman was awesome. The starting back row, Glenn, Lockyer, McCullough and Anderson were good too.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
user_nat said:
jarro65 said:

They certainly didn't play like competition frontrunners though.
They played as well as we allowed them to.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • BooKhaki
  • Jazza
  • scobie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Cavalo
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • Scdeac
  • Swordfish
  • Painin the Haas
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.