Broncos V Dragons Match Thread Spoilers

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think I've ever seen anything more ridiculous than Hornby claiming he was taken out by Folau before his second try [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Dexter said:
Wallace was great today, just getting better every week and anyone who disagrees ... is absolutely right.
F@#k me he is playing poorly ATM.

[icon_lol1.

He was horrible IMO. Doesn't look like the halfback who played for us back in 2008. Could be suspended next Friday for that high shot.

What an outstanding defensive effort. Time and time again, the Dragons put together different plays, but none of them came off.

Referees were very poor IMO. Folau was impeded every time he chased a kick. It's absolutely ridiculous. You can't alter the line of your run to take out a player FFS, referees need to get it together.

I thought McCullough did okay, but when he dropped the ball near the death, I was absolutely fuming. That's the second consecutive week he's done something utterly stupid. Last week he didn't dive on that ball, this week he dropped it and the Dragons raced down the other end and very nearly scored. Could have turned the game. In those kind of situations you always make sure of what you're doing, there's no room for mistakes.

Winterstein improved massively from last week. Took some very good catches under pressure.

Yow Yeh, Folau and Glenn were all impressive in defence.

Hoffman...well, the kid is clearly a massive talent. Love watching him play.

Finally, the forwards. What else can you say? They were fantastic. Did their job to perfection.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
schmix said:
I don't think I've ever seen anything more ridiculous than Hornby claiming he was taken out by Folau before his second try [icon_lol1.

When the video referee took that second look at it on replay, I was seriously worried St George were going to get the penalty! I literally have no confidence in video ref decisions. Thankfully, sanity prevailed!!! 8-)

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
At the game ning, I think he took more looks than they showed on TV. I was certain he was going to rule against us there!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
We played rubbish. We looked better than we were due to the Dragons piss poor attack. Honestly, they aren't the best attacking team at the best of times but today they were horrible. I do put that down to our good defence, but honestly the Dragons were never really going to be the best test for our defence so I'm not convinces that our defence was "outstanding". It was a big improvement due to the fact that our intensity was up there and we tackled in numbers, but I think we should hold off saying out defence was outstanding until we come up against a team that will really test it.

Sorry champ, but when you restrict the leading team in the comp to six points, you've done pretty bloody well in defence.

Maybe it didn't look like the Dragons tested us, but that's because we covered their moves so well. Every time an opposition player made a run off the ball, ran a decoy, swept around the back, etc, we read it and prevented anything from happening. Give the boys some credit, they got ripped to shreds last week, but bounced back beautifully. That's not an easy thing to do.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Some will say it was a boring contest but really that's what happens when two sides that are so evenly matched go toe to toe.

Don't forget, this was supposed to be the worst ever Broncos squad and they've done well to defeat the competition heavyweights.

Backrow was once again awesome, Hoffman electric, Folau strong and both wingers elusive. With Lockyer leading and the rest of the team doing their part it's a good win for us.

Shout out to Anderson too, thought he gave us good go forward off the bench.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What a brutal game... The defence from both side was awesome. I think our attack can improve a heap though so IMO the Dragons were lucky to be in the match.

1. Hoffman- He gets better with every game and he can do anything.
2. Winterstien- His best game for a while, made some good tackles. That dropped ball on the kick return was horrid though.
3. Glenn- Massive improvement in defence compared to Monday night.
4. Folau- A machine, so powerful. Needs to get more involved though.
5. Yow Yeh- Good game, made some quality kick returns and was good on kick chase.
6. Lockyer- He still glides across the grass, kicking game was good
7. Wallace- Awesome in defence but his kicking game and decision making keep letting him down.
8. Tronc- Solid and made the hard yards.
9. Macca- Great in defence and improving every week.
10. Kenny- Seriously I don't rate him ahead of Sims or Setu or Anderson
11. Gillett- Brutal in defence and always made good metres.
12. Thaiday- An animal, oh how his attitude has changed.
13. Parker- Great but gets in the way a bit IMO.

14. Hunt- Wasn't impressed with him today, that kick out on the full on the last was poor.
15. McGuire- I think the kid is a special
16, Dodds- No doubting his defence but I question his role in the side.
17. Anderson- Needs to be in the 17 every week.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Hoffman is not getting enough ball IMO. Too many time he goes looking for it, yet Wallace goes himself or cuts him out.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I agree with Rocky about our second rowers making more metres than our front rowers. I am a fan of Kenny, but geez, his hit ups are pretty average.

I love Hoffman. Great support play, makes try-saving tackles, great in attack and he's really confident. What a champ.

I am happy that we got the two points. We kept the competition leaders scoreless until the last few minutes of the game. Plus, pretty much everyone wrote us off to beat the Dragons.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That Winterstein 'drop' from the kick return looked incredibly like a strip by the Dragons.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
That Winterstein 'drop' from the kick return looked incredibly like a strip by the Dragons.

I thought that also but the ref didn't see it that way. It was just pathetic that it happened IMO.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kris Brisbane said:
I agree with Rocky about our second rowers making more metres than our front rowers. I am a fan of Kenny, but geez, his hit ups are pretty average.

Kenny made a hit up sometime around the 70m after being off the field since the first half and he lumbered up and got belted.. was a pretty poor effort imo, considering he would have been fresh.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm watching the replay right now. Holy crap, Glenn's made a couple of massive hits!

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Kris Brisbane said:
I'm watching the replay right now. Holy crap, Glenn's made a couple of massive hits!
Yea, seeing them made we want to see him play in the middle of the park more often rather than the centres now.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
lyn said:
Kris Brisbane said:
Yea, seeing them made we want to see him play in the middle of the park more often rather than the centres now.

I agree completely, but I love the fact we seem to be able to rely on him to play centre so solidly. He is becoming an increasingly valuable member of the side and IMO is a must for our 17 when we are full strength.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Good to see Gordy get inducted into the HOF today. I thought we were awesome today. Kenny needs some time in Q cup.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
Good to see Gordy get inducted into the HOF today. I thought we were awesome today. Kenny needs some time in Q cup.

I agree dude, Gordy deserved it. He was pretty emotional today.

Unread

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • heartly87
  • Redfern_1980
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • Ejbroncos
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Harry Sack
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.