Broncos V Dragons Match Thread Spoilers

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Says much about this forum that the loss threads get to 10+ pages quickly while the win threads die quietly.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yes that's definitely true, but a quiet pig is a happy pig?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Coxy said:
Yeah sounds like Gus. One might say he develops an "agenda".
Yeah, you should know! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Hahah, come on now, let's not go off topic, but was funny. I wasn't paying attention to Locky this game, I was really focused on Macca, Glenn and Winter. How did he go?

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
He was steady without standing out. Threw a couple of shockers and a couple of pearlers. It seemed that both teams were tentative and it showed in how all the halves went.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
The Rock said:
90%? Try 20%.

And the problem wasn't the fact that he was paid so much, it was because we were losing a bunch of players for him.

I still would have prefered to keep Hannant, Ennis and Boyd over Folau right now.
nah, try 90%.

we didnt lose any players for him. TC left, was on a large sum of cash, and Folaus contract was reportedly VERY back ended. Folau got TCs money, thats it. we didnt lose Hannant, Ennis or Boyd because of Folau. we lost Hannant because he just cares about the money - and there is NO way he was worth the $350k or whatever it was that the Bulldogs offered. at that stage - and even now imo - he wasnt even worth $200k a season. Ennis we lost because he was a grub and not very liked amongst the club. he wasnt the type of player we wanted in our team. Boyd, well he wanted to go with Bennett, and im guessing he wanted to play Fullback. we had Hunt there, and not looking like he would be leaving any time soon. same way Hodges left us 'to play fullback'.

Folau didnt make us lose ANYONE. its a myth bigger than 'Wallace is a great Halfback, hes just out of form'.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Nashy said:
OMG. Both of you just shutup.
AP has a double personality?
That would explain a lot! eusa_think

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What? Him and Rocky.

They should agree to disagree. Opinions have been put forward, they're both stubborn. Just give up.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Anonymous person said:
[quote="The Rock":1atczre6]
90%? Try 20%.

And the problem wasn't the fact that he was paid so much, it was because we were losing a bunch of players for him.

I still would have prefered to keep Hannant, Ennis and Boyd over Folau right now.
nah, try 90%.

we didnt lose any players for him. TC left, was on a large sum of cash, and Folaus contract was reportedly VERY back ended. Folau got TCs money, thats it. we didnt lose Hannant, Ennis or Boyd because of Folau. we lost Hannant because he just cares about the money - and there is NO way he was worth the $350k or whatever it was that the Bulldogs offered. at that stage - and even now imo - he wasnt even worth $200k a season. Ennis we lost because he was a grub and not very liked amongst the club. he wasnt the type of player we wanted in our team. Boyd, well he wanted to go with Bennett, and im guessing he wanted to play Fullback. we had Hunt there, and not looking like he would be leaving any time soon. same way Hodges left us 'to play fullback'.

Folau didnt make us lose ANYONE. its a myth bigger than 'Wallace is a great Halfback, hes just out of form'.[/quote:1atczre6]

I remember it being more of an argument over where he should play, centers or wing. A lot of people didn't think a player getting 300k+ a season should be sitting on the wing.

As the season goes on the more pissed off I feel about us losing him. I would have much preferred to keep him over us potentially getting GI.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
Anonymous person said:
[quote="The Rock":2srpu8mq]
90%? Try 20%.

nah, try 90%.

Folau didnt make us lose ANYONE. its a myth bigger than 'Wallace is a great Halfback, hes just out of form'.

I remember it being more of an argument over where he should play, centers or wing. A lot of people didn't think a player getting 300k+ a season should be sitting on the wing.

As the season goes on the more pissed off I feel about us losing him. I would have much preferred to keep him over us potentially getting GI.[/quote:2srpu8mq]

That is how the argument started. A lot of the time people expect gun signings to pick up where they left off... look at how Folau is going now... still far from perfect but leaps and bounds since he started... He should have stayed - I think he could have been successful here at the Broncs.

Done and dusted now - if we get GI.. we start again.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Hahaha, hilarious as that was, you are absolutely right. No-one here knows what the crap goes on behind closed doors and through players negotiations. Hell even when it's reported on the news it's just rumours. Anyways, why do we have to keep going back to the same crap arguments. Let's keep the topics on freaking topic because I am easily distracted as it is, I don't need other peoples encouragement :)

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
So should they move Lockyer to 6 or leave him at fullback?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Is it just me or was it not that boring? Maybe Gould has got sucked into the Hayne Plane style of scoring lots of points and that's what makes footy entertaining? I remember he used to mourn the lack of defensive arm wrestles in the game.

Or maybe he's just dirty that it was the Broncos vs Wayne Bennett's Dragons?

It was a great game yesterday IMO. It had everything except a few soft tries.. Gould is just a big fat curly haired F###

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I thought the Wallabies v. All Blacks was a far more exciting game.

Two tries and shitloads of defense and errors doesn't make footy exciting for mine.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
I thought the Wallabies v. All Blacks was a far more exciting game.

Two tries and shitloads of defense and errors doesn't make footy exciting for mine.

Rugby onion is never more interesting than league. Ever.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
i agree with gus, the game was far from excited. very very boring for the most part, but thats not the point, the point is we got the win

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
No. The Wallabies v. All Blacks match was one of the best football matches of this year. And it blew most of this weekends league out of the water.

Since I'm assuming you didn't even think to watch it, you will no longer comment on said game.... ;-)

Unread

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Griffo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncsgoat
  • heartly87
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Redfern_1980
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • Ejbroncos
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.