Broncos V Sharks *spoilers*

McCullough has mainly been playing U20s, I don't believe he will be able to handle a full 80 minutes of NRL as a halfback. That's why he would've only been given 20 minutes.

ronnyd said:
Stagg has been getting worse and worse. He is not a good enough defender to play the workhorse roll, he falls off alot of tackles and he often lets players get on the outside of him before bringing them down.

Agreed. I am gonna take back everything I said about him being our Dallas Johnson - he doesn't even come close. It doesn't bother me anymore if we let him go.

Crazy Sam said:
McCullough has mainly been playing U20s, I don't believe he will be able to handle a full 80 minutes of NRL as a halfback. That's why he would've only been given 20 minutes.

I would prefer for Bennet to have a young guy starting at halfback and introducing a guy like Perry later on in the game if or when the young fella needs a break. I really doubt the under 20's aren't as fit as the first graders.

There is something wrong with Ennis.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the guy either is;

a) a poor communicator, unable to express to his outside men what his intent is.
b) not a team player, just a spontanious type player, doing whatever seems best in the situation
c) a combination of a and b.

I just don't know what it is about him and I don't deny that minus him next year we may struggle, provided Marsh doesn't improve dramatically, however he shits me. Whether it's his borderline grub-like attitude, his very, very flat balls to steaming forwards who are split-seconds from the defensive line, or his inability to communicate what his intent is to his outside men.

Someone help me put my finger on it please!

C

And

D: A player that will do anything for a win.

Neither A or B. He is a team player - an organiser. And being an organiser, his communication theoretically should be good too, though I'm not sure about that, seeing as I don't watch his mouth too closely. And what hooker doesn't throw flat balls?

Ennis is definately playing good footy but gee he does some dumb things. He has plenty of skill so doesn't need to have all this niggle crap in his game. Sure he set up our try tonight and did plenty of good things but the penalty he gave away to give the Sharks their first try was pathetic.

Maybe - but to me it is a constant in his game and most unnecessary. I am a fan of his skill but not of his attitude and discipline

Just wasn't our night tonight. If we're going to have a garden gnome at halfback and a forward with no ball skills whatsoever at five-eighth we really need to have all of the 50-50's go our way. Unfortunately tonight the opposite happened. Fortunately it was only the sharks so at least our for and against hasn't taken too much of a battering.

Not to worry, once NSW lose origin 1 and Wallace becomes the scapegoat we'll have him back to steer the boys around the park when the other origin guys are missing [icon_wink

bit annoyed calls where the ball was obviously stripped by the sharks were let go by the video ref.

Didnt have much luck at all tonight but we didnt really look like winning at any stage.

I didnt really rate us much chance anyway considering the halves pairing! [eusa_naugh

what worries me is now we are 6-4 after looking so good at the start of the year. 6-4 isnt a very good record for us going into our toughest period.

pennywisealfie said:
what worries me is now we are 6-4 after looking so good at the start of the year. 6-4 isnt a very good record for us going into our toughest period.

Very true penny, I'm hoping Lockyer is out till the end of origin then comes back in and plays out of his skin [icon_pray.

IMHO Perry was absolutely USELESS again. he continually proves to me that he is NOT up to NRL Standard. I liked what i saw from Andrew McCullough, i think he really does show potential and i hope that Perry doesn't play for us again. I thought that we did well to keep it to only a 7 point deficit given the fact that we were missing 7 players to Origin and injury and the fact that we were absolutely hammered in the Penalty count to the tune of about 10-3.

Alec said:
ronnyd said:
Stagg has been getting worse and worse. He is not a good enough defender to play the workhorse roll, he falls off alot of tackles and he often lets players get on the outside of him before bringing them down.

Agreed. I am gonna take back everything I said about him being our Dallas Johnson - he doesn't even come close. It doesn't bother me anymore if we let him go.

quarter agree.
First of all, his defense is quite remarkble, not the best in the business, but jesus it would be harsh to criticise him here. I think more than anything, its his attack that just does nto make up for it. Unfortunately this isnt the NFL, you need to have a balance, and stagg's attack just does not cut it.
I think someone said, he wont win you the game, but he wont lose you the game either. FAIR CALL... but tonight I think he's attack cost us dearly, I thuoght promising plays tonight were shut down when he got the ball... ala TATE, remember when something was going on out wide, but as soon as Tate got the ball the whole play was shut down? cause he would never pass... Stagg is a bit different, but I coudlnt help but notice tonight a lot of plays stopped when he got the ball and just ran into the line... hmmmmmmm
aside form that though, the conditions, inexperience and poor execution in attack were the reasons for our loss. I have to admit, whenever I see a Broncos performance like this, the dreaded post-locky era scares me. However we didn't have hunt and Wallace tonight either.
I guess take 2 or 3 superstars out of any team and they are in trouble, but I can't help thinking...
Hunt, Hodges Lockyer... Take those three out and suddenly we have no execution to score tries... agree anyone?

It is funny how our under 20's side can put on 40 points and our first grade side puts on 6. Bennet should have given Ben Hunt and Gerad Beale a run last night I think it would have helped there development greatly. We need to come away with a few wins in the next month so we can come through Origin still in the top 8

Funny I must be the only one here who thought Perry had an ok game. Not spectacular by any means but his passing and kicking game was ok.

The Sharks really had everything going in their favour:
- poor conditions
- they've become accustomed to grinding out these types of games all year
- Plenty of Broncos on the sideline.

Not too concerned about the loss but it does send us outside the top 4 and it means we're going to have to pick up points around Origin time or we'll be sitting on the precipice at the back end of the series.

Active Now

• Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • MrRobot
  • Spike
  • LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • PETERN
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • Maroon4life
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.