Broncos v Titans build-up thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
We improved greatly in the final 20 minutes, but you have to wonder why it took us that long to chance our arm and actually try and score.

Dave Taylor had a solid game, as did Ben Hunt. Looks a promising prospect.

Hodges was our best. Seemed to be our only player in the first half who looked like he wanted to score.

Sadly, there is still massive issues with our defence. There were gaps all through middle which the Titans exploited to great effect in that first 40 minutes, and of course Michaels did his old "i'll follow the man on my outside rather than the fella who's running towards the line and will certainly score" move.

That last 20 minutes though leaves me with a faint feeling of hope.

J

Jargernaut

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
i thought it was a really great idea to have all those injured players around the team tonight, i know it wasnt far for them to go but it would have meant a lot to those younger players. it was so good to see them play for pride in the second half.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Amazing what a team can do when the game is lost and the pressure is completely off. I enjoyed that last 15 mins or so and as a supporter it was nice to finish the game on a good note and smile on my face.

Happy to see Hunt, to use a cricketing terms, get off a pair at least.

Hodgo - awesome.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Thought Hunt was excellent tonight, I also thought T'eo had a pretty good game (in attack). Hodges was outstanding as always. Positive signs to take out of the game, given there were so many players out. Prince put on a masterclass, and the Titans looked certain to score every time they were 20 out from their line. Where there's life, there's hope.

At least if we do make the 8 we'll have some good form going in.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Again, defense was our problem. And TBH I highly doubt that the return of those players next week will do anything, considering most of those players (bar Folau and Kenny) will really do anything to help. Locky has not been the best this year and Wallace has been crap. Hunt has been ok and Thaiday is constantly used in the wrong sport.

And Cullen and the rest of his minions want to extend Henjak's stay?! Any other reasonable club would have seen out his term and found another coach. There are some massive problems at the Broncs, and Peter Ryan and IH are two of them.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Clintos said:
I think all except Locky and Folau should be back next week.
I thought locky was only out for two weeks :( Ben hunt looks promosing though, I wonder if it will be him or Gorrell in the no.6.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Look, the difference between last week was gigantic which is definitely a good sign.

Hopefully we can work on this and just take it game by game. (cliche as it is) I think our aim right now is to get that win and then back it up with another win or positive performance.

The kids had a dig but it was tough out there. It really is sad how good depth is just soooooo hard to achieve in the game these days... injuries ruin the NRL and there is no real prestige competition (or players for that matter) under it to cover the wounded. Ah well - such is life.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Foordy said:
Big Pete said:
Foordy he definately made it in goal, he placed both feet behind the white line just as the ball arrived to him.

ok cool, it just didn't look like it from where we were sitting icon_thumbs_u

[icon_lol1. Can't say I blame ya, I needed a replay myself just to confirm and that was with the TV coverage. It was smart work from Zillman and a deliberate play.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
It was a positive. Prince's try was dissappointing that neither Hoffman nor Copley put their bodies on the line to play at the ball.

Good signs in the last 20, but the game was over and the Titans were in cruise control.

Must be had for the young guys to turn up when the senior players are out. It was a good show of the future (if Cullen doesn't **** up recruitment and lose them) with McCullough, Hunt and Hoffman playing well. Give them 6 weeks and responsibility for the team and they'd be winning games together and forming a good combination.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If Lockyer is out next week I would like to see Henjka play HUnt at 5/8th so we can see how he goes surrounded by better players like Wallace and KHUNT..

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jargernaut said:
i thought it was a really great idea to have all those injured players around the team tonight, i know it wasnt far for them to go but it would have meant a lot to those younger players. it was so good to see them play for pride in the second half.

I thought injured players still had to attend games, i dont think its out of the goodness of their heart

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Jargernaut said:

I think the players have to show up, to show how committed they are to the club. [icon_evillaugh

J

Jargernaut

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
fair enough, maybe it was just the amount of injured players sitting together that made an impact for me :)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Great second half by the boys last night. Even in the dying stages when they were no hope (despite BroncoMatt's never-say-die-optimism icon_thumbs_u ) they really dug in and when they scored those last tries they showed a lot of elation and giving the big hugs and high five's. I thought it was really great to see. All of a sudden there is some pride in the jersey and the feeling of wanting to do the job for their mates icon_thumbs_u

The young fellas Hunt, Hoffman and Copley really showed some good signs. Bruno - MAKE SURE YOU SECURE HUNT'S SIGNATURE!!!!! WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER GOOD PLAYER SNAPPED UP BY ANOTHER CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also happy to see a return to form from Teo, he could be a good asset to our team once he finds some consistency.

Overall a really good effort with a lot of our team missing. Let's hope they take the same effort and enthusiasm to Canberra next week icon_thumbs_u

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
apparently the broncos were out last night getting drunk and trying to **** everything that walks....

this says to me that, they dont give a **** about footy, they only want the money, the fame and the lifestyle. they shouldn't be celebrating after a performance like that. what a load of shit. I'm not going to anymore games this yr.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
LOL I thought single men go out most Friday nights trying to hook up???

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Last night also proved why U20s is so crap. There is not one player from U20s that has properly succeeded at NRL due to their major lack of ability to read the play and defend. Players from U20s should not be automatically promoted to NRL, they should do decent stints in Qld cup, where they can learn that they have to do the hard yards, like defend properly, and not just run around and score with ease.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • rnabokov
  • Financeguy
  • KickHaas
  • Jazza
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Swordfish
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Alec
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.