Broncos v Titans build-up thread

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
LOL I thought single men go out most Friday nights trying to hook up???

im all good with men trying to **** bitches. my main problem is that they were out celebrating after a game like that. Whats there to celebrate? I look forward to seeing the broncos get smashed again next week.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
Beads6 said:

im all good with men trying to **** bitches. my main problem is that they were out celebrating after a game like that. Whats there to celebrate? I look forward to seeing the broncos get smashed again next week.

I find it hard to beleive that any Broncos fan would look forward to them getting smashed :roll:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah i don't want them getting smashed. But i hope the players who over indulged get the arse from the club.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Foordy said:
pennywisealfie said:
Beads6 said:

I find it hard to beleive that any Broncos fan would look forward to them getting smashed :roll:

i didnt mean it like, i want to see them get smashed, what im saying is that come friday, it looks inevitable that we are going to get smashed, coz it seems like they just dont care. I would love it if they proved me wrong though.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
broncosil said:
Last night also proved why U20s is so crap. There is not one player from U20s that has properly succeeded at NRL due to their major lack of ability to read the play and defend. Players from U20s should not be automatically promoted to NRL, they should do decent stints in Qld cup, where they can learn that they have to do the hard yards, like defend properly, and not just run around and score with ease.

None from the Broncos, but there have been a number of players that have made successful transitions from other clubs IMO. Players like Russell Packer, Kevin Locke, Ben Matulino, Jamal Idris, Jarrod Croker, Josh Dugan etc have all shown promising defensive capability. You have a case for a QLD Cup stint, but look at the players who are in the QLD Cup at the moment that failed in their transition to the NRL as well.

Let's not underestimate the difference in attack in the NRL that they must defend either. Just because they can defend in QLD Cup doesn't mean they will be able to do it as well at the top level.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
broncosil said:
Last night also proved why U20s is so crap. There is not one player from U20s that has properly succeeded at NRL due to their major lack of ability to read the play and defend. Players from U20s should not be automatically promoted to NRL, they should do decent stints in Qld cup, where they can learn that they have to do the hard yards, like defend properly, and not just run around and score with ease.

I generally agree that they'd be better off with a stint in Qld cup first, but Alex Glenn is one exception. He has looked surprisingly comfortable from the get go.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
schmix said:
broncosil said:

I generally agree that they'd be better off with a stint in Qld cup first, but Alex Glenn is one exception. He has looked surprisingly comfortable from the get go.

I also think McCullough has done pretty well. yes, he has some off games, but overall i think he has done well and has a bright future.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Oh he did? That explains his defence then. I thought he was captain of the U20s last year and therefore assumed he was with them for the whole year. Maybe I'm thinking of 2007.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
schmix said:
Oh he did? That explains his defence then. I thought he was captain of the U20s last year and therefore assumed he was with them for the whole year. Maybe I'm thinking of 2007.

he was captain of the u20's last year and did play with them for all of last year but we signed him in 2007 from Burleigh (where he was playing center) having said that the defence in the QLD Cup isn't that great, from what they have said on ABC grandtand recently half of the teams in the top 6 of the q-cup have a neg points differential

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It's still a step-up from U/20s. Add in the fact that the younger players play with older, more experienced ones, and it's easilly a better place to prepare someone for first grade than the U/20s.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
My observations from at the game (may appear different on TV)
- Bravo Hodges for trying to lead by example but he needs to learn to pass the ball. Most teams know he's always going to run and he's not as quick as he was 2-3 years ago. Pass it son.
- The last 15 minutes was great and the Broncos fans in attendance appreciated it. Overall I thought the effort was excellent. We were just simply outclassed. Some paper thin goal line defence but in such a big game with so many youngsters in our team - I would have backed GC to find a way through every time.
- They got the Hunt 'no try' right. He definitely knocked it on. Exciting play though.
- Gives us something to work with for next week. Canberra will rightfully be favourites but if we can match the endeavour of the last 15 minutes we can avoid getting blown off the park.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Oh and Titans have some stupid fans too. Went to the Titanium Bar after the game (which is a fantastic post-game venue BTW) and I was in a Broncos shirt so had a few people having a go at me. Just light-hearted fun stuff. Of course they mention the result, and easiest reply from me is either "6 Premierships" or "Our trophy cabinet is full mate, how about yours?" and the standard response I got was "We've only been in the comp 3 years" [icon_lol1. Ignorant fools. Fun night though. Ash Harrison and Scott Price are top blokes icon_thumbs_u

Oh and good to see they're no longer using the TICK TICK TICK at Skilled Park.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
Oh and Titans have some stupid fans too. Went to the Titanium Bar after the game (which is a fantastic post-game venue BTW) and I was in a Broncos shirt so had a few people having a go at me. Just light-hearted fun stuff. Of course they mention the result, and easiest reply from me is either "6 Premierships" or "Our trophy cabinet is full mate, how about yours?" and the standard response I got was "We've only been in the comp 3 years" [icon_lol1. Ignorant fools. Fun night though. Ash Harrison and Scott Price are top blokes icon_thumbs_u

i heard it once very early on in the game

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
Jeba said:

i heard it once very early on in the game

That was probably Tee yelling it out when Zillman was under one [icon_lol1.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Steve said:
My observations from at the game (may appear different on TV)
- Bravo Hodges for trying to lead by example but he needs to learn to pass the ball. Most teams know he's always going to run and he's not as quick as he was 2-3 years ago. Pass it son.
- The last 15 minutes was great and the Broncos fans in attendance appreciated it. Overall I thought the effort was excellent. We were just simply outclassed. Some paper thin goal line defence but in such a big game with so many youngsters in our team - I would have backed GC to find a way through every time.
- They got the Hunt 'no try' right. He definitely knocked it on. Exciting play though.
- Gives us something to work with for next week. Canberra will rightfully be favourites but if we can match the endeavour of the last 15 minutes we can avoid getting blown off the park.
What about when he was drifting across field then he hit Taylor right on the chest with a perfect ball who went exploding through a hole. Was a beautiful pass.
I have no problem with Hodges running the ball a lot. He creates so many opportunities from it and if his outside man does have a chance he will pass it most of the time.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Where are the Hodges baggers? LOL Definitely equal best centre in the comp and on his day as good as anyone.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • IceWorks
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Stix
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  • rnabokov
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.