Broncos v Titans build-up thread

We were never in the game last night and were soundly beaten. Prince and Campbell were outsatnding and were several steps above. The realithy is the Titans scored at will when it mattered.
The broncos defence read poorly, mainly because they are unable to read decoy plays ( they don't understand the concept) and only scored points because the pressure was off.

As I said earlier, we need a coach, not players.

broncospwn said:
Where are the Hodges baggers? LOL Definitely equal best centre in the comp and on his day as good as anyone.

LOL, yeah he played well, but u can hardly try and argue that game shows off why he is in ur mind, as good as inglis. He needs to hit the line running more, instead of standing and stepping / fending. If he ran onto a ball and use that fend he COULD be as good as inglis. But atm he is purely relying on strength and that lil shimmy he does from a standing start. He gets through a few times, but usually gets run down, just like he did last night, coz hes not coming from a running start

QUEENSLANDER said:
broncospwn said:
Where are the Hodges baggers? LOL Definitely equal best centre in the comp and on his day as good as anyone.

LOL, yeah he played well, but u can hardly try and argue that game shows off why he is in ur mind, as good as inglis. He needs to hit the line running more, instead of standing and stepping / fending. If he ran onto a ball and use that fend he COULD be as good as inglis. But atm he is purely relying on strength and that lil shimmy he does from a standing start. He gets through a few times, but usually gets run down, just like he did last night, coz hes not coming from a running start
I think his step from almost stand still and close to the line is amazing. The thing I lvoe about him is his unpredictability. When he's in the team you never know what's going to happena gain, be it pass without looking, take a tap from a penalty, etc He's the sort of player who always makes the opposition think twice. He doesn't run onto it enough I agree there. He needs to try to get the ball at speed a bit more but I guess we need to be going forward for the backs to get the ball at speed.

Yeah the forwrads and the halves are just as much to blame as hodges himself for him not running onto it

lyn said:
kelsey tisdale said:
Two positives tonite, the Titans didn't score 50 and we actually scored 3 tries plus the fact that Hodges and Taylor were outstanding. Only 6 more weeks to go and this horrid season is over and if either of Cullen, Henjak, Sims, Clinton, Gorrell, Micheals, Teo or Setu are part of the organization next year, then I'll be handing in my membership.
Haha sorry to say this but you will be handing in your membership mate. What have you got against Clinton? He has been fantastic this year.

Yes, Lyn, I may have been a bit harsh but I react like that after losses. I'll be satisfied if the first 2 on the list depart and if the Bronx don't make the top 8, I guarantee those two will be banished from the club forever. Gorrell won't be rersigned and I can't see Sims in a Broncos jersey next year. Clinton??? Fantastic??? Sure he has played a couple good games but he has seldom outplayed his opposite number in the two years he has been here, he has largely been a dissapointment, but as u know, he is not alone.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
We were never in the game last night and were soundly beaten. Prince and Campbell were outsatnding and were several steps above. The realithy is the Titans scored at will when it mattered.
The broncos defence read poorly, mainly because they are unable to read decoy plays ( they don't understand the concept) and only scored points because the pressure was off.

As I said earlier, we need a coach, not players.

Well said RBY, u know things r dire when we start applauding a couple late tries in a game in which we were never a chance and also after the Titans had rested Friend and Campbell, the Broncos season ended when we were belted by the lowly Rabbitohs, easily the most embarrassing loss in the club's history. I agree we definitely need a coach but we also could use a couple more forwards who have an IQ of more than 50.

kelsey tisdale said:
lyn said:
[quote="kelsey tisdale":9mfr3s9c]Two positives tonite, the Titans didn't score 50 and we actually scored 3 tries plus the fact that Hodges and Taylor were outstanding. Only 6 more weeks to go and this horrid season is over and if either of Cullen, Henjak, Sims, Clinton, Gorrell, Micheals, Teo or Setu are part of the organization next year, then I'll be handing in my membership.
Haha sorry to say this but you will be handing in your membership mate. What have you got against Clinton? He has been fantastic this year.

Yes, Lyn, I may have been a bit harsh but I react like that after losses. I'll be satisfied if the first 2 on the list depart and if the Bronx don't make the top 8, I guarantee those two will be banished from the club forever. Gorrell won't be rersigned and I can't see Sims in a Broncos jersey next year. Clinton??? Fantastic??? Sure he has played a couple good games but he has seldom outplayed his opposite number in the two years he has been here, he has largely been a dissapointment, but as u know, he is not alone.[/quote:9mfr3s9c]
Yea Gorrell has already been released for next year. I think Sims will be staying unless we manage to pick up a player like Dan Hunt or someone but I think we will mainly see him in a Norths Devils jersey. I have been very happy with how Clinton's 2009 performance has been so far. I think you might still be stuck in his 2008 form.

Lockyer says he's 95% right for next week.
So Besides Folau I think we will have everyone back next week.

Canberra game, we need to kill it and score 70 points like we did a few years ago, that would really boost our differential lol.

pennywisealfie said:
Beads6 said:
LOL I thought single men go out most Friday nights trying to hook up???

im all good with men trying to **** bitches. my main problem is that they were out celebrating after a game like that. Whats there to celebrate? I look forward to seeing the broncos get smashed again next week.

How do you know they were celebrating???? I am not sure what you do but after a shitty week of work I don't mind going out and having a few drinks.. Big deal they went out and had a life it doesn't mean they don't care that they lost..

In fact could I put a different spin on it as well. Could it be that they were doing a bit of team bonding after feeling that they had turned the corner somewhat in the second half of the game against the Titans?

^ Win. They deserved to celebrate anyway IMO. They were missing 7 star players up against a close to full strength titans and still managed to not lose my 20+ points. That's a great effort.

broncospwn said:

Canberra game, we need to kill it and score 70 points like we did a few years ago, that would really boost our differential lol.

A win would be nice, as far as scoring 70 points, I think u r in a fantasyland, even though Canberra are struggling, the Broncos will be long odds on being victorious.

Clintos said:
broncosil said:
Last night also proved why U20s is so crap. There is not one player from U20s that has properly succeeded at NRL due to their major lack of ability to read the play and defend. Players from U20s should not be automatically promoted to NRL, they should do decent stints in Qld cup, where they can learn that they have to do the hard yards, like defend properly, and not just run around and score with ease.

None from the Broncos, but there have been a number of players that have made successful transitions from other clubs IMO. Players like Russell Packer, Kevin Locke, Ben Matulino, Jamal Idris, Jarrod Croker, Josh Dugan etc have all shown promising defensive capability. You have a case for a QLD Cup stint, but look at the players who are in the QLD Cup at the moment that failed in their transition to the NRL as well.

Let's not underestimate the difference in attack in the NRL that they must defend either. Just because they can defend in QLD Cup doesn't mean they will be able to do it as well at the top level.

A lot of those players do show promise, but only time will tell. We will have to see how well they go next year, when most teams will be onto them.

I do understand that Qld cup isn't perfect, but it should be said that it is a higher quality game than U20s. Not everyone succeeds, that is a given. However, by playing Qld cup for at least a season, there is so much they can learn. The step up from U20s to NRL is far too big and for every player that succeeds 10 more will fail. Obviously they won't get the best out of their defensive ability until they play NRL, but Qld cup does provide a solid base for which they can improve. Players like Copely (sp?) have a long way to go and he is no way NRL ready. A stint in the Qld cup (while contracted to the Broncos, so he doesn't get way, that is if Cullen uses his brains), will give him more experience and confidence to improve his game.

kelsey tisdale said:
broncospwn said:

A win would be nice, as far as scoring 70 points, I think u r in a fantasyland, even though Canberra are struggling, the Broncos will be long odds on being victorious.
Well 70 is stretching it, hence the lol :P
I do think the Broncos can thrash the raiders next week though, I think it's very possible.

broncospwn said:

Baggers? Noone here bagged Hodges. What we said was until he performs at his peak for an extended period of time I'm not gonna whack him off. (Unlike some people here)

Active Now

• Adammacca
  • something
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • phoenix
  • Cavalo
  • kat00
  • rj9
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.