Broncos Vrs Knights - Build up thread

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Glad Simpson will miss this game. He wouldve ran at Locky all game.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If Locky can't handle it he should retire, in saying that im sure it will now just be someone else running at him all game and he will handle it fine.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
spoonbled said:
Glad Simpson will miss this game. He wouldve ran at Locky all game.

I'd rather Simpson running at him than Cory Paterson.

What is with 2 backs on the bench all the fucking time! Just put Michaels in the centres, Te'o back row and Lui bench.

Is Kenny still injured?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Foordy said:
nopatience101 said:
ability may have something to do with it as well, McGuire being put back in 20's could be an indication of where the Broncos think he is at atm.

the problem with that is he seems to dominate in the 20's thus getting no real improvement in his development by playing there

Yeah odd decision for mine because he needs to address his defence which will hardly happen in the u20s.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Kenny might be fit by Friday, so might come on to the bench for one of the backs.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I hope Kemp isn't risking another long term on the sidelines by playing on Friday ?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, it seems put him on the bench. It sure looks like he might not be 100% fit because of that.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
What ever happened to that second hooker we had last year? Gorrel or something like that. He, Marsh and McCullough were used at various points early last year.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
user_nat said:
What ever happened to that second hooker we had last year? Gorrel or something like that. He, Marsh and McCullough were used at various points early last year.

Gorrell was useless so we released him, and Marsh was forced to retire just before the season with a back injury

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Back on topic, this game really is a MUST WIN if we are to have any shot at the Top 8 for this year?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
subsbligh said:
Back on topic, this game really is a MUST WIN if we are to have any shot at the Top 8 for this year?

Definitely. I think it's safe to say we're not in the same league as the Dragons, Titans, Manly, Penrith and Tigers at this point, so it's critical we win these games against teams that are also vying for the last couple of spots in the 8. The Knights are one. We've already given up games against the Warriors and Raiders who are also in a similar boat, so we can't miss another one.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
subsbligh said:

Absolutely.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Coxy said:
subsbligh said:

Definitely. I think it's safe to say we're not in the same league as the Dragons, Titans, Manly, Penrith and Tigers at this point, so it's critical we win these games against teams that are also vying for the last couple of spots in the 8. The Knights are one. We've already given up games against the Warriors and Raiders who are also in a similar boat, so we can't miss another one.

I think our losses to the Raiders and the Warriors are going to be the ones that haunt us towards the end of the season.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Particularly the Raiders IMO. Broncos had every opportunity to win that game but couldn't get over the line despite all the possession and field position in that second half.

Warriors game was a bit of a debacle, but not helped by a massive injury toll in that game.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Coxy Ben Vaeau is not up to the standards of the NRL. While he is performing well, I believe he does hold a distinct advantage over both Sims and McGuire in regards to how familiar he is with his side and vice versa.

Still, I cannot excuse Ivan for selecting two backs onto his bench. Norman is a young prospect who may make something of himself one day but I dare say he'd be better utilised playing a full game in the reserves (preferably Queensland Cup but you and I both know the Broncos stance on their juniors, even if it is to their own detriment).

As for Steve Michaels, I believe he should either start or not be made to play at all. To shift the side around and give players dual roles does nothing for consistency and only further complicates the players job.

I still don't understand what Sims did wrong in first grade to earn the boot. He was one of the better players and often did a good job of setting the platform in the opening twenty. I don't understand Ivan's impatience with him and I feel as if he's showing too much faith in the younger forwards, who, despite their enthusiasm and potential need more guidance.

Now, I'm not going to lay into Ivan. I don't know these players personally and I've never seen them train and some I haven't seen play once this year (mostly the Redcliffe boys, I saw Michaels play for Wynnum in the nil all draw) but I feel as a fan I'm entitled to my opinion based on what I've seen, and by my opinion I would've preferred to of seen this side named on Tuesday.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Denan Kemp
3. Steve Michaels
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Ben Hunt
8. Shane Tronc
9. Alex Glenn
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Kurt Baptiste
16. Ashton Sims
17. Scott Anderson

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Stop making so much sence Big Pete!!! That team you have selected looks like a winning team IMO.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Bucking Beads said:
Stop making so much sence Big Pete!!! That team you have selected looks like a winning team IMO.

Almost, we are a better team when our 1-7 and 9 play 80minutes. Glenn and Bapt to swap and then yes good team.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncoFan94
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • K-Style
  • Morkel
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • LittleDavey
  • bb_gun
  • scobie
  • theshed
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.