Broncos Vrs Storm - Build Up.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
Why the **** would Sims play well in QCup? He doesn't want to be there, it's not why he came to Brisbane, and the team he should be in, is playing like **** shit.

I don't blame him. Hell, I wouldn't blame him for not even lacing up for that shit.

I agree 1oo%. As for jokers saying he is nothing but a QLD cup player they need to wake up and smell the roses surely.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Nashy said:
Why the **** would Sims play well in QCup? He doesn't want to be there, it's not why he came to Brisbane, and the team he should be in, is playing like **** shit.

I don't blame him. Hell, I wouldn't blame him for not even lacing up for that shit.
It's pretty obvious isn't it?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
No. He's an NRL player. It's that simple. We are fielding players who have made far worse mistakes than he has on the field. He's a decent player, and at least he has some pride, and experience under his belt.

He's proven himself before, and that's why the Broncos offered him a contract.

Meanwhile, he gets to watch a handful of nuffies try and play football, who he knows, we know, and every other league fan knows that are far worse footy players than he is.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Nashy said:
No. He's an NRL player. It's that simple. We are fielding players who have made far worse mistakes than he has on the field. He's a decent player, and at least he has some pride, and experience under his belt.

He's proven himself before, and that's why the Broncos offered him a contract.

Meanwhile, he gets to watch a handful of nuffies try and play football, who he knows, we know, and every other league fan knows that are far worse footy players than he is.

Great post, i agree 100%

[eusa_clap.gi icon_thumbs_u

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Couldn't disagree any more strongly Nashy.

No, we did not buy him to be a QCup player, but does that mean we should pick him automatically? Of course it doesn't!!! He has to prove his worth every chance he gets and this year he hasn't done that. We didn't buy players like Setu and Te'o last year to play in QCup, but they had to spend some time back there because their form didn't stack up. Difference between them and Sims is they actually put in and showed determination not to play back there again.

I am not saying that Sims shouldn't be picked this week, and you will see that from the team I have named in this thread, but to say that they shouldn't be putting in and playing well in the QCup is just ridiculous, IMO.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree 1000000% with jeb. Think about other jobs. If you **** up, you either get sacked, or given lesser tasks and responsibilities until you can prove you're up to the bigger tasks.

Sims hasn't proven that.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
What's totally ridiculous is that Sims is probably 100% in control of whether he plays NRL or not. All these people whinging on his behalf should realise it's all on his head. All he has to do is up the effort in games and at training, and he'll be selected.

HE is the one letting the team down with his poor attitude. I fully support Henjak not giving in to a grown man acting like a sooky 2 year old.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
schmix said:
What's totally ridiculous is that Sims is probably 100% in control of whether he plays NRL or not. All these people whinging on his behalf should realise it's all on his head. All he has to do is up the effort in games and at training, and he'll be selected.

HE is the one letting the team down with his poor attitude. I fully support Henjak not giving in to a grown man acting like a sooky 2 year old.

I don't believe for a second that Sims has any say whatsoever whether he plays first grade this season. Firstly he wasn't selected round 1 for reasons we don't know. Secondly he gets reinstated to first grade and plays 2 matches both in beaten sides and plays well enough in my view to not be dropped back to QLD cup. Now Sims finds himself back in QLD cup while the first grade forward pack struggles and struggle.?? I also believe the Broncos as a club want him gone next season so they aren't picking so he wants to leave.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
schmix said:

You could not be any more correct.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Just on the Storm side, the Aussie side has been named and Slater, Ingliss, Cronk and Smith have been named. Now Brett White is in the country side and im guessing Hoffman will be in the city side. Lima and Blair should be in the kiwi side.

Possibility that Smith, Ingliss, Cronk, Slater, Lima, Blair, white and Hoffman wont be playing.

Now we could have a golod chance of actually winning this game considering only Lockyer and Thaiday are in the Aussie saide.

What yas reckon?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Storm boys usually always back up. If they are all out we might be a chance.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Hoffman
2. Winterstien
3. Te'o
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Tronc
9. Baptiste
10. Dodds
11. Sims
12. Setu
13. Parker (C)

14. Anderson
15. Lui
16. Williams
17. Beale

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It's the Storm's first game at their new stadium. If those players can play they will.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Bucking Beads said:
The Storm boys usually always back up. If they are all out we might be a chance.

I'd almost say that because they aren't playing for competition points they might not back up. But, given it is the first game at the new stadium, they will want to put a show on for their fans, so they will back up. Just have to hope for injury in the test match.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Mister Wright said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":29rp2ry5]The Storm boys usually always back up. If they are all out we might be a chance.

I'd almost say that because they aren't playing for competition points they might not back up. But, given it is the first game at the new stadium, they will want to put a show on for their fans, so they will back up. Just have to hope for injury in the test match.[/quote:29rp2ry5]

They'd back up as well on the basis that its us they're playing

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What do you guys think of not playing any of our rep stars on Sunday??

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.