Broncos Vs. Bulldogs *SPOILER*

So we didn't win in 1993 or 1997? :P

Agree that the effort was there and so for the most part I'm happy with the game. but our right side defence is a MAJOR worry, as is our lack of go forward apart from Kenny and Clinton. Both of those things can be fixed with work. But it has to come soon.

Coxy

Broncos only win in a even year since the 2 comps came together.

This year is a nuffy year, Knights, Melbourne etc.

It's probably the Dragons year.

Coxy said:
So we didn't win in 1993 or 1997? :P

Agree that the effort was there and so for the most part I'm happy with the game. but our right side defence is a MAJOR worry, as is our lack of go forward apart from Kenny and Clinton. Both of those things can be fixed with work. But it has to come soon.
I reckon Hodges on the right side with Folau at wing makes our right side defence a LOT stronger, not perfect but 10x better than what it currently is. I think we really need marsh (or dare I say it Gorrell) to lead the forwards around the park, Ennis had the Bulldogs forwards on a roll the whole game.

It wasn't Ennis that had them on a roll it was our inability to slow the play the ball down like all the other teams do. It seems Henjak just like Bennett before him refuses to get the team to "wrestle" like many other teams do and we get killed by quick play the balls week after week because of it.

The love of Ennis around here amazes me... Ennis did next to nothing last night we got carved a new one by Ben Roberts and Beastwood... I just wanna smash Ennis in the face he makes me angry and when I get angry I turn green

A bit from left field here - so jump on me by all means.

But one aspect of Bennett's success at the Dragons is in some key ways, he inherited a bit of successful structure. In particular, the way Creagh used to, and still does play out wide. We all know his game and the way he is used. - even in Origin.

So, maybe instead of say Parker seeming to stay out wide, we could see more of T'eo and/or Setu or even Sammy running - with room to move.

While Parker is playing really well, I just don't think he has the impact of T'eo say running into a hole or just running at the line. And if I recall correctly, didn't T'eo score a good try recently running wide off a short ball from Locky/Wallace?

And while I'm at it, we seem consistently to play so FLAT. Our strike runners either go one-out, or we don't seem to keep enough depth for them to get to speed As well as, hacing some space, create room for some moves. Instead, they get the ball flat and are easy meat for the defence.

And then there's our poor offload record ...

Defence up the middle is a huge problem, and that is where we are really missing David Stagg. Plenty were glad to see him go but hopefully last night made them realise what value he brought to the side for the 5 or so years he was here. Second best player in the 2006 GF after Berrigan too. Biggest loss of all last year's losses.

While better than last week's game, we still have massive issues in our defense. I believe it all comes down to laziness and forwards being used in the wrong way. Parker has no impact whatsoever, why he is running wide I do not know. Thaiday should be running wide instead.

Kicking game was crap and we gave away stupid penalties again. Why can't we make a dominant tackle? When are the Broncos and Henjak going to address the fact that not one of our forwards can put a player on his back? Seriously our tackling has gotten so soft it is embarassing.

We miss Hodges, our centres and wing are so poor defensively and they are always left on their own.

I said this in another thread, but too many rookies means this year is a no-go for the GF, even the next 2-3 years, not until we get some decent experience and our problems actually addressed.

The problems that we have of poor defense, lack of dominant tackles, poor second phase play are problems we have had for 8 years now. Henjak hasn't really brought anything different to the side so far, and we need someone to make the tough decisions and actually address the problems we have.

Interesting stat that came out last week...dummy half running is up by 25% since the same time as last year. Henjaks master plan !!.....I have not decided for myself if Henjaks going to be a great coach and accordingly I'll reserve judgment until the end of the year. If we don't have greater success than we have had up to this point we might well ask the question.........why did we change coaches ????. It surely can't have been because we wanted less success so it must be for greater success,if we don't get it.....what was the point ???

Id like to point out that we are playing exactly the same as we did when bennet was coach, its just that we have less experience players now. Bennet taught thaiday and co to be useless battering rams, and henjak is stuck with that

QUEENSLANDER said:
Id like to point out that we are playing exactly the same as we did when bennet was coach, its just that we have less experience players now. Bennet taught thaiday and co to be useless battering rams, and henjak is stuck with that

Completely agree. Someone I watched the game with on Friday made the point that we look exactly as we did 12 months or 24 months ago just less composed in the important moments both in attack and defense. Our backline plays reek of Bennett and our defense up the middle is crap still, so is our marker defense and our slowing down of the play the ball (non existent really).

Wingers caught napping once more, and Folao does not run hard enough, or cut back on the angle.

So...
We can't tackle
We can't wrap the ball up
We can't off load
We can't play for a full 80 minutes.

Hmm... Good times ahead.

Chumbason said:
So...
We can't tackle
We can't wrap the ball up
We can't off load
We can't play for a full 80 minutes.

Hmm... Good times ahead.

barack-obama-yes-we-can.jpg

Nobody can blame WB for the way the Broncs are playing......you CAN blame him for ST GEORGE but the way we're playing is entirely Henjaks doing. So.if we don't go better under Henjak then the entire idea to remove him( WB )was wrong,,,,unless of course you were looking for us to perform to a lower standard

Jeba said:
Defence up the middle is a huge problem, and that is where we are really missing David Stagg. Plenty were glad to see him go but hopefully last night made them realise what value he brought to the side for the 5 or so years he was here. Second best player in the 2006 GF after Berrigan too. Biggest loss of all last year's losses.

Stagg >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Parker

He has been going great guns for the Doggies this year, really stepping up to the plate.

PS - I think rnabokov hit a massive nail on the head - why is Parker running wide when he has little or no ability to break the line, whilst Setu, Te'o and Thaiday are battering rams. Parker has been one of hte most consistent players this year for the Broncos, but I think he should swap roles with the 3 aforementioned.

Jeba said:

+100 Well said Jeb icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u

is it just me or do we play like were in the toyota cup everything in attack and dont worry about deffence or the nitty gitty stuff. No heart , Every broncos team in the past was always full of heart not any more.....

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • leon.bott
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • broncsgoat
  • Manlyman
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.