Broncos Vs. Bulldogs *SPOILER*

Eastwood is clearly missing the Broncos too. Been comfort eating by the looks of him. He looked FAT.

Coxy said:
Eastwood is clearly missing the Broncos too. Been comfort eating by the looks of him. He looked FAT.
I hope never to see his rear end again! :shock: GROSS! (he always looked fat though)

Yeah, he always looked fat. Now he looks FAT. LOL

Our defence wasn't so bad at the start of the season - seems to me, it started dropping off when Webbie left his coaching role.

Defence is mostly about attitude. There's certainly been a growing malaise in the team over the last 8 weeks.

Flutterby said:
Our defence wasn't so bad at the start of the season - seems to me, it started dropping off when Webbie left his coaching role.
I think you're on to something! I wish he'd get off his high horse and come back to us!!!

And let's face it, by this stage of their careers, they should know how to make an effective tackle. The attitude is about putting that extra bit of effort and anticipation into being in position to make that effective tackle.

Our right side seems to have no desire or forethought.

Jeba said:
Defence up the middle is a huge problem, and that is where we are really missing David Stagg. Plenty were glad to see him go but hopefully last night made them realise what value he brought to the side for the 5 or so years he was here. Second best player in the 2006 GF after Berrigan too. Biggest loss of all last year's losses.

+1 Jebs.

I was one of the few people on here that used to rate him and was gutted to see him go. Was more gutted seeing him carve us up in a Bulldogs jersey the other night [icon_thumbs_do

Is it just me or does it really suck seeing:

1. Stagg run the ball and regularly seem to make a half break and look for an offload.
2. Eastwood constantly breaking the first tackle and popping offloads to support players.
3. Hannant making huge metres and a passing game.

Seriously, those guys look like different players in bulldogs colours than they did at the Broncos. Golden form, the lot of them.

Ennis IMO is just continuing the form he showed at the Broncos, so it's no surprise seeing him do well.

It just makes me wonder why our forwards are so one dimensional when these 3 individuals can look so dynamic at another club...

Our players need to give it a fair shake of the sauce bottle....

I have'nt seen any real improvement in Eastwood Hannant or Stagg....they all seem to be continuing with the great service they gave us. The 'malaise'' Coxy refers to is the responsibility of the coach,pure and simple. If the players are not performing then who is at fault ??

Seriously? Stagg never looked like making a line break last year, or any year for that matter. Tackled his heart out, but had nothing in attack.

Eastwood would be good for a brief patch, much like Taylor, and then fade out.

Hannant as pretty woeful post-Origin last year.

I definitely think they've lifted a level. Whether it's the coach that's had the impact, or just the change of scenery, who knows?

But I'm not prepared to write off Henjak yet.

I also will reserve my view of Henjak but Stagg (although I have no stats to back it up) looks to be doing the same great work as always. Eastwood was always quality although overweight and somewhat lazy. I'd be surprised if he was playing any greater lengths of time on field and Hannant continues to hit the ball up strongly but imo nothing really different than last year.

Then again Coxy...there has been precious little that we've ever agreed on...course I'm always the one who is right [icon_lol1.

agree, even i can admit stagg has been better this year and eastwood is playing out of his skin

Beastwoods main problem last year was consistency. We all knew wt he could do and some games he had a killer and some others he was quiet. Luckily for the dogs he has been consistent so far.

Maybe you're all right and Stagg is playing better but if he is making more hitups, and they are better quality than last year it will ( must ) be reflected in the stats. Perhaps it is, I don't know but if so then maybe this is a case for demonstrating the value of those stats. In previous years I have referred to stats to help 'prove' my case or validate my opinion but have been roundly criticized for doing so. I know they can be manipulated but they do have value and are a useful tool.

Any good and quick researchers out there ?

It's Stagg that is surprisig the most. My mate whose a bulldog keeps giving me shite about it. He actually attacks now?!

Ennis is just a gun, I see nothing different.

Eastwood is just playing better. He's doing what we wanted him to do at the Broncos. It sucks but maybe he just needed to be somewhere different.

Hannant - I reckon his just in form, I can't see too much of a difference except for the passing game. He's obviously been coached a couple of things. It's just the way they play, forward to forward passes. He was still good at the broncs, he used more of a swivel/pirouet sort of move instead with us. He was a big loss but the dogs paid big money for him and good luck to them.

From what I know, we wanted to keep Ennis and Hannant but lost out cause the money difference was too big. Fair enough. We didnt want stagg - we were more than happy to see him go. Eastwood is just bad luck, he was meant to go SL anyway. (So he's playing for peanuts at the dogs - good luck to him) All in all I reckon its acceptable except for the loss of Ennis, surely the money difference would have been manageable!

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • phoenix
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Spooky1013
  • Fozz
  • sooticus
  • Brotherdu
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.