Broncos vs Bunnies - Build up thread

souths just signed craig stapleton to play this weekend.

Wow, they're getting pretty desperate.

nopatience101 said:
souths just signed craig stapleton to play this weekend.

what position does he play? who did they sign him from, i don't remember him

Plays prop, Foordy.

Playing in some Illawarra comp this year.

He's played for a handful of other teams, played most of his games for the Dragons I think.

Depleted South Sydney have signed their second prop this week, drafting journeyman Craig Stapleton into the NRL club's ranks.

The former St George Illawarra, Parramatta, Penrith and Cronulla forward, who also played for two clubs in the UK, will jump straight from the Wollongong competition to the cauldron of Suncorp Stadium this Sunday.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... -xzo2.html

Let's not go counting our chickens before they've hatched...I hope the Broncos are treating this as if they're playing a full strength South Sydney and go all out.

Treat an understrength team with contempt at your peril!

Coxy said:
Let's not go counting our chickens before they've hatched...I hope the Broncos are treating this as if they're playing a full strength South Sydney and go all out.

I think that having Locky, Thaiday and Folau out for us as well will ensure they don't take Souths lightly.

Coxy said:

We are just as desperate this week as souths will be, if anything they should be looking to prove something.

Coxy said:

I agree.

I hate it when people get cocky about our chances.

A couple of points...
Stapleton is one of those players who has the knack of injuring players. Hopefully he won't be involved in any accidental serious injuries to our guys this week.
I know it sounds bizarre, but he does bad things to players' legs and knees.
The other point is John Sutton.
I am aware that he will be playing behind a potentially weakened pack, but the guy is a real handful on the fringes.
So for varying reasons, the Broncos' chances will hinge on the impact of Stapleton and Sutton.

Josh Mcguire isn't playing for Norths today, could he possibly be playing in the tip grade against the bunnies tomorrow.

Foordy said:
Josh Mcguire isn't playing for Norths today, could he possibly be playing in the tip grade against the bunnies tomorrow.
He was found not guilty of a dangerous throw charge so maybe hes cover for Kenny and will play 20's if not needed. 20's would be happy to have him with guys out for QLD under 18's.

nopatience101 said:
Foordy said:
He was found not guilty of a dangerous throw charge so maybe hes cover for Kenny and will play 20's if not needed. 20's would be happy to have him with guys out for QLD under 18's.
Josh was training with the team at Red Hill this morning - Kenny off to the side with Kemp with his calf strapped up.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • Griffo
  • Pablo
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.