Broncos Vs. Cowboys - Build Up Thread

Any word on whether Thurston has been charged with dissent yet ?

There wasn't anything in that tackle by Wallace anyway.

Good news

jarro65 said:
There wasn't anything in that tackle by Wallace anyway.

Good news
I suspect a fair few people won't agree with you here... [icon_shru

Channel 7 news just had Ben Te'o on and he is hoping to be sweet to play against the cowgirls.. Personally I'd give him another week regardless.

The Rock said:
Didn't he break his ankle?

Regardless of how quick his recovery is, give him another week. We don't need him against the Cowboys.

fracture of some sort, foot or ankle. He said he was running at full pace today, just depends how he pulls up tomorrow. I doubt Ivan will let him play anyway.

They suspected it was a fracture at the time, but scans showed he didn't break anything. It was "only" a bad sprain... icon_thumbs_u

The Rock said:
Regardless of how crap Wallace is going right now, fact remains - He's still the best player to have beside Darren Lockyer so Lockyer can work his magic.

What about Shane Perry in a red wig. Who could tell the difference? [eusa_eh

Considering its 24 - 4 to the knights at half time we could actually be 6th if the Knights win by more then 34+. Probally a very good chance of that happening if the Knights keep playing the way they did first half. Be very good to get a win. Push for a top 4 spot again.

The Wallace bagging is becoming tedious.
He is a huge asset to our club.

Raw Boned Youngster said:

I disagree, SBL.

On his day he is a huge asset, but his day does not come regularly enough. That discussion is for another topic though, this thread is about our next match. icon_thumbs_u

Burg said:
A game that we can't take lightly, they are always UP playing the Broncos. A MUST win game and should be treated as such.

Yep they usually bring their a-game when we go up to Townsville. Last year was a good example. We got up by 6 but they were much better than the scoreline showed and it was only poor finishing and errors that crueled their chances.

I think this is an ideal game to have heading into the back end of the season. We need to string some tough wins together and Nth Qld away from home is a great test.

Steve said:
Burg said:
A game that we can't take lightly, they are always UP playing the Broncos. A MUST win game and should be treated as such.

Yep they usually bring their a-game when we go up to Townsville. Last year was a good example. We got up by 6 but they were much better than the scoreline showed and it was only poor finishing and errors that crueled their chances.

I think this is an ideal game to have heading into the back end of the season. We need to string some tough wins together and Nth Qld away from home is a great test.

From memory the turning point in that game was a mid field cross kick from Thurston that Yow Yeh plucked out of the air and ran 60 metres to score. Had Yow Yeh missed it, Willie Tonga would've grabbed it and scored himself.

ningnangnong said:
Raw Boned Youngster said:

I disagree, SBL.

On his day he is a huge asset, but his day does not come regularly enough. That discussion is for another topic though, this thread is about our next match. icon_thumbs_u

If we could somehow make him a forward or something, he would be awesome. His defense is invaluble. But he keeps killing the attack.

Coxy said:
Steve said:
Burg said:

From memory the turning point in that game was a mid field cross kick from Thurston that Yow Yeh plucked out of the air and ran 60 metres to score. Had Yow Yeh missed it, Willie Tonga would've grabbed it and scored himself.

Man that was an awsome try. The way he caught the ball and then stood up Thurston was great

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Stix
  • lakers133334
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Spooky1013
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.