Broncos Vs. Cowboys - Build Up Thread

It wouldn't surprise me if he played this week, especially against lesser opposition.

broncospwn said:
It wouldn't surprise me if he played this week, especially against lesser opposition.

your going to spurt fluid everywhere if he plays aren't you!! icon_thumbs_u

The towels are ready just in case.

Would love to see Hodges come back but cant see it happening this week. If he is 100% fit then yes he should play BUT if he is only 90-95% then NO he shouldnt play. The article said Hodges was only seen doing some drills with the team. If he was doing all the drills ect with the rest of the team then i would be more confident he would be playing. Cant see IH taking the risk

Maybe he wasn't doing all drills to make people think he's not playing...

My spies tell me Hodges left with the team and had his kit bag with him...

Coxy said:

Really..............??

Or are you joking?

Donny said:
Coxy said:

Really..............??

Or are you joking?

Yep, my spies said the same thing (Ok, I only have 1 spy) and he also said Ben Teo took the trip up as well, I think he is a more realistic chance than Hodgo.

Hodges was just on the footy show. He said he will be back in 2-4 weeks. But then he said he was looking foward to playing. Dont know if he almost slipped something or he ment when he comes back.

Anyway from the look Hodges i dont think he will play

Or it could be media games....
I wonder who drops off this week if Hodges does play.

He may well not run at full speed until preseason.

Can you really play without being able to run at fullspeed though???

Well I'm more worried about running for cover defence, or to score a try, etc.
I guess Hodges game has never been speed anyway.

Wayne Bennett has said that forcing Gasnier back into the side so late in the season has disrupted the way the team plays, and I can't help but wonder if bringing Hodges into the side just weeks out of the finals will not only see us with a half-baked Justin, but an incohesive side overall.
I'd much prefer he delay his comeback until next season, but if we find ourselves going into the last round with a secure finals spot I'd be happy for him to have a run against Canberra to test himself out.

Also, the Broncos website reports that Te'o will start against the Cowboys:

BEN Te'o has produced a remarkable recovery from injury and will make a shock return to the field tomorrow night.

It was feared Te'o could be out for as long as two months with a suspected broken foot after the 34-30 loss to the Roosters 10 days ago.

But after training with the team this morning Te'o will travel to Townsville and will run out against the Cowboys tomorrow night.
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=28726&title=ben-teo-to-make-shock-return

tkday said:
When did he say that?

Fatty said that achilles are one of the worst injuries to come back from and then asked Hodges has he lost any speed.

Hodge replied that he hasn't run or stepped at full speed but is expected to in the next 3 weeks.

Also he indicated that injury had complications 8 weeks due to blood vessels, but got an injection a month ago and it has responded really quick since.

Hodgo won't be back until next year.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.