Broncos Vs. Cowboys - Build Up Thread

i'm confused. does that mean while two of them are playing centres the other is playing wing?

So we will have a second rower playing on the wing?

Gee.. I wonder who Thurston will kick to.

audragon said:
Wow, I didn't know you could have fractures that don't cause discomfort or at least hinder... [icon_shru

Yeah there's a few bones and things in the body that don't seem to serve much direct purpose. The kind of things that hurt when you injure them, but you can function perfectly well while they're still healing.

In my case, it's my brain... :P

noisetheory said:
i'm confused. does that mean while two of them are playing centres the other is playing wing?

That's how it sounds - ie, Te'o or Gillett in the back row, Glenn and Te'o/Gillett wing and centre. Weird.

I know we want to limit changes to the team, but I would seriously consider shifting Yow Yeh to left wing, Folau to right wing, Glenn stay left centre, Te'o right centre.

Te'o and Folau to regularly switch around in attack.

Either that or show some faith in a kid from Q Cup or 20s (Dane Gagai, Kev Stephensen..... :P )

to me it just doesnt seem like a good idea to stick someone out on the wing if they're not experienced there. put folau out there as he's played there before. he doesnt like passing anyway so on the wing he won't have to 8-)

noisetheory said:
to me it just doesnt seem like a good idea to stick someone out on the wing if they're not experienced there. put folau out there as he's played there before. he doesnt like passing anyway so on the wing he won't have to 8-)

Yeah pretty much what I was suggesting.

1. Hoffman
5. Yow Yeh
3. Glenn
18. Te'o
4. Folau

At least that way we have two players experienced on the wings, and 2 good defensive/hole running players in the centres.

Coxy said:
noisetheory said:

Yeah pretty much what I was suggesting.

1. Hoffman
5. Yow Yeh
3. Glenn
18. Te'o
4. Folau

At least that way we have two players experienced on the wings, and 2 good defensive/hole running players in the centres.

Glen has played wing before for the Brooncos, scored a couple of tries aswell if my memory serves me correct. Am a bit worried about Thurstons kicking game and how Glen may handle it. Cant be any worse then Winter's woeful attempts to catch high balls of late though he did improve against the dragons

I'd imagine Folau will play some wing in defense. He's going too well with the early ball and space hes getting in the centres at the moment. Has to stay there in attack, it's no big deal if Glenn or Teo are outside him whilst we have the ball.

If Glenn has to play right wing, he'll be marking up Williams and Graham, two of the shittiest players in the comp atm. No big deal.

Edit: Er, left wing rather.

Let Izzy attack in the centres and just swap him and Glenn in defence. I think thats the best way to go about this.

lyn said:
Let Izzy attack in the centres and just swap him and Glenn in defence. I think thats the best way to go about this.

For that to Happen Folau will have to change sides or Yow Yeh will have to. I would go with that though. Yow Yeh and Gillet/Teo on the left with Folau and Glen on the right

Donny said:
lyn said:

For that to Happen Folau will have to change sides or Yow Yeh will have to. I would go with that though. Yow Yeh and Gillet/Teo on the left with Folau and Glen on the right

+1

Coxy said:
Donny said:
lyn said:

+1
I'd actually leave Glenn on the left with Yow Yeh and bring Te'o to his more natural right side with Folau on the wing, where his left shoulder could do some damage, especially given that's where Tonga lives besides being Thurston's preferred side of attack.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ugbyleague

The article is more so about Hodges' recovery and apparent return, but it also goes on to say how Gillett will be playing wing this week.

Gillett, who started in the second-row for the injured Ben T'eo against St George Illawarra last Sunday, will complete a remarkable positional switch, replacing injured flyer Antonio Winterstein (knee).

Winterstein's injury prevents him playing against the NRL team he will join in 2011.

After training almost pain free, T'eo (fractured foot) comes into the pack with Gillett shifting to the wing where he played as a junior.

Henjak was coy about Winterstein's replacement after training.

However Gillett bobbed up enough on the wing at training before the team flew to Townsville to suggest he will get the job.

"There's three options there we can rotate," said Henjak when asked about a left wing replacement.

"It's no secret, we're going to rotate some players," he added, again sidestepping the question.

That is madness really... Why not chuck a kid on the wing for a week.

So on Ten news they showed IH telling us Hodges won't play... That smirk on IH's face however has me wondering.

draggx said:
So on Ten news they showed IH telling us Hodges won't play... That smirk on IH's face however has me wondering.

I was thinking that also, why not chuck him on the wing?

Active Now

• Battler
  • Dash
  • ell.d33
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Socnorb
  • Justwin
  • Wendall Taylor
  • The True King
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Manifesto
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • BroncsNBundy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.