Broncos Vs. Cowboys Thread (* HUNT AND LOCKYER BOTH OUT *)

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Important we continue on winning and the Cowboys are there for the taking at the moment although we shouldn't underestimate them.

Losing Hunt could be a big blow, but we have a number of adequate replacements - Boyd, Hodges, Kemp, etc.

Re: Broncos Vs. Cowboys Build Up Thread

GO COWBOYS

I'm not too confident, we've been pretty disappointing so far.

If we've been disappointing so far, then what have the Cowboys been!?!??!

briareos said:
If we've been disappointing so far, then what have the Cowboys been!?!??!

He's a cowboy fan [icon_wink

Can't wait. Atmosphere in the stadium better be good, I didn't get tickets for nothing!

Hmm, actually, my tickets were free, but anyway. [icon_shady

Cowboys have the best attack in the comp when their forwards are making good metres, but they also have the worst defense.

So, scoring points shouldn't be a problem, and the Cowboys lack organisation when their forwards are being domianted...so all we have to do is hit them hard in defense. We should win this game, as Bennett probably already knows this.

Beware of the wounded Cowboy me thinks :!: :!:

Alec said:
Cowboys have the best attack in the comp when their forwards are making good metres, but they also have the worst defense.

So, scoring points shouldn't be a problem, and the Cowboys lack organisation when their forwards are being domianted...so all we have to do is hit them hard in defense. We should win this game, as Bennett probably already knows this.

Yep

I'd give Taylor another start, send him out there and tell him he'll only get pulled in the first half if he doesn't fire up.

I didn't see the NQ game but from what I have heard Ash Graham will almost certainly be out for his hit on Hodgson - they will miss their #1 tryscorer from 2007. What about O'Donnell? Could he go for striking?

Cowboys look ripe for the picking - sure they fire up for us but there won't be an ambush this year. We will take plenty out of our 2 wins so far - our young forwards especially will get a lot from their effort against the chooks. It's time for some payback I think!

Dave said:
I didn't see the NQ game but from what I have heard Ash Graham will almost certainly be out for his hit on Hodgson - they will miss their #1 tryscorer from 2007. What about O'Donnell? Could he go for striking?

Bowen was our number one try scorer last year and If we lose Graham at least our defense will be better.

I'll be there ..... I Can't wait... :D

We should win but without K it could be a little more difficult.

Im hoping we can make it 3 from 3 and then give melbourne a run for their money like the sharks did today!

Wallace for MOTM in this one!

Russo said:
Beware of the wounded Cowboy me thinks :!: :!:
Agree, bottom of the table + playing against the Broncs could be just the motivation they need to finally click.
I'm another vote for Wallace for MOM. He'll be primed for a big one against JT.

It's a shame Nth Qld aren't 2-0 a well. I was hoping they'd again break the 50k mark of last years corresponding game but they'll probably get 45k at most. Anyway it'l be a great night and I'm confident we'll be good enough to get the chocolates.

Steve said:
I was hoping they'd again break the 50k mark
Anyone know what the presolds are? Regardless of Cowboys form, I'm hoping for a bumper crowd [icon_drun

I'll try and get a presold tix estimate so far - but don't be too surprised if it's only around the 20k mark. Brisbane are fairly notorious, for games like this, to have a late rush and sell most tickets just a few days out.

Very concerned about this one. Cows have a LOT of talent and won't want to open their season with three straight losses.

Will be a bumper crowd.The North have booked out the planes already and many in Brisbane will get in this week.

I really cant see the Cows beating us in this one going on their form in the past two weeks.Bowen has been terrible and four top players were in Qld Cup this weekend plus couple may be gone once Wednesdays decisions come down from the judiciary.

My prediction at the seasons start was they wouldnt go well this year with the Murray thing going on and I still hold to that :!: Don't think it is a happy place atm. [icon_shru

I don't see why we can't pick apart the Cows. My only worry is when they bring Payne on and if their forwards get a roll-on, Thurston, Payne and Bowen will be wreaking havoc across the ruck. However, saying that - our forwards are lot more mobile this year as opposed to previous years where the Cows have made ours look slow. They looked amazingly slower against the Tigers and if we can control the tempo of the game then I'm sure we can pile it on!

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Hurrijo
  • Lostboy
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncoscope
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • barker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.