Broncos Vs. Dragons *SPOILER*

Soward 5/8 of the year? Locky owned him! [icon_razz1 [icon_lol1.

so how bout that wayne bennett hey? first year with the NRLs biggest chokers, and what happens? they choke. first year the broncos dont have good ol' wayne at the helm and what happens? theyre off to the grand final qualifier. not only into the grand final qualifier, but they got there by beating 'super coach' wayne bennetts team of chokers.

like i said a good 6-7 weeks ago, its looking like 2006 all over again :)

They did over achieve. And that is everything to do with Bennett. But it means nothing. Not because they lost in the finals, but because one good season is meaningless. Look at Wests Tigers. Won a comp. Done nothing since. Shit club.

Bennett's challenge is next season. They have to go further and better than this season.

Full credit to henjak. I bagged the shit outta him when we were on that streak, as with our forwards, and tonight they proved to everyone they had the goods. I'll eat humble pie all day if they can perform like that next week, and then hopefully the GF. Seriously, the most complete performance I've seen from the Broncos in aaaages.

Simms was awesome, our props stood up, and Parker had a cracker of a game. Winterstein and Yow Yeh were great outwide, and Lockyer is god.

Only realised that for the last 5mins we were playing with only 12 men on the field. No wonder we were missing some tackles

Browny said:
Only realised that for the last 5mins we were playing with only 12 men on the field. No wonder we were missing some tackles

We were? So Wallace wasn't replaced.

Lolz, 12 men and still the Dragons couldn't score.

Yeah I think we had used all our interchanges by then. We noticed at the ground - saw Wal go off and then I said to Tee "I didn't see anyone come on then" so we counted the players and there were only 12.

The Dragons got to play the 8th placed team and the 6th placed team and couldn't win.

We played the 3rd placed team and the 1st placed team and won both. Huzzah! :mrgreen:

Yep and there's a definite chance the 2 Grand Finalists could both be from the bottom 4 of the top 8.

Interestingly the final 4 teams are all the even placed teams

The Rock said:
Totally agree - It means shit. But just trying to prove the point to AP that Bennett is still a master coach and what he achieved this year is remarkable.
how is what he did remarkable? wouldnt you say that what Henjak has achieved this year is even more remarkable? took over a team that was in shambles because of his predecessor, and has got them to within 1 win of a grand final after beating the minor premiers who were coached by the man who ruined his team.

ddd said:
Well I've jut gotten home from that awesome night - so much cheering - I can barely talk - damn Brissie fans are soft - no-one ever fires up - though, it was sooo sweet giving it to those dragons fans - they're always soooo damn smug - the calls as we were going home were:

"I didn't realise you spelt choke with a big red V"
"Oh when the saints, oh when the saints, oh when the saints go marching home"

Very, very sweet - I've waited sooo long for the Broncos to beat the dirty dragons, damn sweet

Also, full marks to Soward - the first conversion he took was right in front of me, and everyone and I gave him tonnes - like heaps, and he was quite composed - then he choked

Haha. I started "The Saints go marching home chant" just outside Roma Street...:) Don't know if it was going on anywhere else, but I'll claim it!

Yea and according to the experts on here, Henjak did it with a useless forward pack.

And he didn't learn anything from Bennett while he was his assistant for all those years.

Seriously AP - both Bennett and Henjak have done remarkable things with their respective teams this year.

bob the Smasher said:
Yea and according to the experts on here, Henjak did it with a useless forward pack.

To be fair, it was only about 6-7 weeks ago when they all started pulling their finger out. Prior to that most of the forwards were playing like a busted arsehole.

Scotty said:
bob the Smasher said:

To be fair, it was only about 6-7 weeks ago when they all started pulling their finger out. Prior to that most of the forwards were playing like a busted arsehole.

Which under Bennett they did for years. Aside from 2006, that was our recurring theme.

That was with two representative props as well.

The Rock said:
Has anyone got the picture of Jamie Soward after he threw that ridiculously crap ball to row 4 of Suncorp Stadium with 4 minutes to go?

The look on his face was Priceless. Looked like he was going to cry. If someone ever comes across it, I want it. It nearly beats the Ryan Hoffman picture of him balling his eyes out after we beat them in the 06 GF.

This one.

soward1.jpg

soward2.jpg

Dell after the pass

NRL+Semi+Final+2+Broncos+v+Dragons+TFxNqO2Ww4Nl.jpg

You have to be a member of the Kennel to view them, even as links they don't work. i ain't joining to look anyone else a member and can upload them?

Active Now

• Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.