Broncos Vs. Eels - Match Thread

I'll give him heaps of credit for his genaral play, defence and effort, no prblems there at all he is terrific.

I will not give him any credit for creativity or awareness inside the attacking 20 and this is where he needs to produce something and start WINNING some games for us.

Wallace was originally bought as our post Locky / future playmaker.
Maybe his attacking instinct has been dulled like a lot of other halves by having Locky beside him and has just fallen into guiding the team then give it to Locky [icon_shru

If Locky is out then it's time we put him at 5/8 and see what he has got.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 1116824873

I don't think Wallace did anything too bad, I think he was let down a lot by not having anyone to back any kind play he had. He's not Locky, nor does he have his experience so when Locky doesn't play I think he forgets how to move the ball around.

tkday said:
I don't think Wallace did anything too bad, I think he was let down a lot by not having anyone to back any kind play he had. He's not Locky, nor does he have his experience so when Locky doesn't play I think he forgets how to move the ball around.

Individually Wallace didn't do too much wrong. As a halfback though his role is to call the plays, such that he has teammates running the right lines etc.

The fact that wasn't happening does fall, to a significant degree, on him as the senior playmaker in the team.

Wallace is no snr though, he's only seen as one in the Broncos because of the young team. I would look more to Parker for leading the team, especially as captain.

tkday said:
Wallace is no snr though, he's only seen as one in the Broncos because of the young team. I would look more to Parker for leading the team, especially as captain.

I'm not saying TEAM LEADER. I'm saying BACK LINE LEADER. Parker can't be calling plays, organising moves...he's a forward. He doesn't have that instinct or skill. Wallace SHOULD, and with nearly 100 first grade games he's got ample experience to be a first grade halfback and chief playmaker.

tkday said:
Wallace has 100 first grade games in the halves?

80-something games. 61 for the Broncos. That's plenty to be experienced enough to lead a team.

Mitchell Pearce has 79.
Luke Walsh has 48.
Daniel Mortimer has 37.

Seymour, Maloney (Warriors), Hodkinson, Foran (Manlu), Lui (Tigers)...lots of teams in the NRL have halves with about the same or less experience than Wallace, and they look much more dangerous.

Inexperience can not be considered an excuse for Wallace.

You could also use the excuse he's playing under Locky, one of the best to learn from.

tkday said:
You could also use the excuse he's playing under Locky, one of the best to learn from.

Um, rather than an excuse I'd say that's a criticism of his inability to take control.

Yep, poor choice of words and I knew you were going to pick that up as soon as I hit submit. Should've saved myself some time and edited it.

EDIT: And by that (because now it's probably more confusing) I mean that Wallace really does have no excuse now considering he's playing under one of the best and it's a big opportunity that I don't think he's capitalizing on.

Folks - I understand this topic is relevent to the Eels game so there won't be any warnings, but it's time to move on from Wallace.

Unless you have something new to say that directly relates to game on Friday, please steer clear of this subject.

So you lock the Wallace thread and then you basically tell people they can't talk about him in here lol! This place is being over-admin'd so farking bad now!

I've said on both occasions that if you have something new to say then either say it here or PM me and I'll unlock the other thread.

Too hard?

I am still skeptical of Pearce, I think Carney makes him look a lot better than he actually is.

If anything transpired from the Eels game, was how crap our dummy half service is.
Not only was it atrociously slow, but it was telegraphed ahead.
How many halfbacks out there would have done better under the circumstances? None of the ones Coxy mentioned, I'm sure!

TBH for the next 3 weeks I would love to see

6. Norman
7. Hunt
9. Wallace
Macca left right out.

Honestly I reckon that's a really good combo, I'm a big fan of Wal but IMO he would be/is by far the best hooker we have at the club, awesome defense, very good passing game, he's quick and can set up a try here and there. McCullough has been useless for a very long time now, back to reserves. Hunt has shown he can be really good and IMO deserves a chance at 7(only if Wallace is at 9 instead) and Norman is a talent. It's not a great combination but it sure as hell beats 9. Mc 7. Wal and 6. Gillett....

Macca makes Wallace useless and Gillett kills off any chance of a useful play in the first place. That combo will make our attack hopeless against any team with decent defence. I just hope Ivan learns his fking lesson, backrowers at 6 = fail.

If IH plays Norman the whole game and he doesn't perform I think that's definitely enough chances for Norman. He would need to go back and play in the lower grade for a while before coming back to the Broncos. I don't think he has what it takes personally. Look for the opposition to target him in attack on Friday night.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.