Broncos Vs. Eels - Match Thread

So many opportunities were created by eels offloading. We started to fix that part of our game and now it's creeping back in. What can I say about our halves etc that hasn't already been said. Not one of them looks like a leader to take over from Locky. Hopefully when Locky is on his last legs we can sign someone who can play that position. I reckon when Locky goes it will take a whole year for our team to figure out what the hell to do. Let's hope IH doesn't start doing some crazy things like putting Tronc in at 5/8 :)

Coxy said:
Donny said:
Once again a loss and the knives come out..........sigh

Geez never predicted that to happen!!

You're right, we should all be positive about such a wonderful effort.

:roll:

I didnt say we played well did I [eusa_doh

Now there is people blaming Parker for running sideways, He has been in the top 3 players for us all year and gives has given his heart and soul every game!! Wallace is the scape Goat ONCE AGAIN and basically its all doom and gloom. Some people expect to much and when they loss some of the crap that gets written is embarassing!!

Sure they didnt play that well but FFS they are Humans and human beings make mistakes, play bad ect!!!!!

Maybe its just me but i think we all owe a shit load to the Broncos, we are by far the luckiest fans in the Comp. I feel lucky that i support a team that actually makes the finals every year and TBH if we dont make them this year then i will be disapointed but im not going to continually go on and on and on about how crap they played or how much they didnt put in "such a wonderful performance"!!!

If we supported the Sharks or the cowboys then we would have something to continually complain about!!

Steve said:
The Brizz said:
Our go forward was again atrocious, only guy we have who makes good metres through the middle is Parker and he is allegedly our lock! Tonight we got schooled by a superb rotation of props Moi Moi/Mannah/Poore/Cayless showed us how running hard, straight and aggressively makes the side metres and creates quick play the balls. Mateo and Hayne absolutely carved us to shreds because they kept a constant roll on all night through the middle of the park and we just don't slow the ball runner down and tonight we refused to stop any offloads either. As crap as I thought Wallace was this was lost purely on the back of our atrocious pack performance.
Even winning 2/3 won't guarantee us a finals spot.
Yes it will.

Donny said:

why do you think we can't criticise the team?? WOuld criticise a builder if you thought he did a shit job at building a house for you???

Your High horse is old and is gong to die so you might need to get a ride with Rocky, maybe you can ask him to get a cart for you and your friends.

Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:

Now there is people blaming Parker for running sideways, He has been in the top 3 players for us all year and gives has given his heart and soul every game!! Wallace is the scape Goat ONCE AGAIN and basically its all doom and gloom. Some people expect to much and when they loss some of the crap that gets written is embarassing!!

Sure they didnt play that well but FFS they are Humans and human beings make mistakes, play bad ect!!!!!

Maybe its just me but i think we all owe a shit load to the Broncos, we are by far the luckiest fans in the Comp. I feel lucky that i support a team that actually makes the finals every year and TBH if we dont make them this year then i will be disapointed but im not going to continually go on and on and on about how crap they played or how much they didnt put in "such a wonderful performance"!!!

If we supported the Sharks or the cowboys then we would have something to continually complain about!!

I don't think anyone's "blaming" Parker or Wallace, simply pointing out flaws in their performances. nothing wrong with that.

Bucking Beads said:
Donny said:

why do you think we can't criticise the team?? WOuld criticise a builder if you thought he did a shit job at building a house for you???

Your High horse is old and is gong to die so you might need to get a ride with Rocky, maybe you can ask him to get a cart for you and your friends.

Are you serious? What the hell does a builder have to do with the Broncos?? They are two totally differnt things and that comparison is a joke!!

The Broncos are a club you apparently support. There is nothing wrong with pointing out errors ect but to continually bag a player week in week out doesnt help anyone.

Donny said:
Bucking Beads said:
Donny said:

Are you serious? What the hell does a builder have to do with the Broncos?? They are two totally differnt things and that comparison is a joke!!

The Broncos are a club you apparently support. There is nothing wrong with pointing out errors ect but to continually bag a player week in week out doesnt help anyone.

If a player plays poorly he will be bagged so get over it. You can sugar coat the lose on Friday night all you like but it is not acceptable.

It concerns me that the team relies so heavily on Lockyer. They didn't know what they were doing out there when the pressure was on.

Parker is a hopeless captain. I love him, I think he's a good player and all that jazz. But does he ever talk to his team? Does he ever direct them?

Nashy said:
It concerns me that the team relies so heavily on Lockyer. They didn't know what they were doing out there when the pressure was on.

Parker is a hopeless captain. I love him, I think he's a good player and all that jazz. But does he ever talk to his team? Does he ever direct them?

I agree dude, Wallace needs to be able to step up without him otherwise we are going to be in a world of pain when he retires. Hunt or Norman most likely will have the good well at least one of them will but they are still young Wallace needs to be the man to lead the team around.

I reckon Thaiday should be our next captain but looks like Parker is going to get the gig.

Not sugar coating anything! Did i say the Broncos played good? Did i say they were unlucky to loss? Did i say that a certain player played well? No I didnt! Maybe you should read what i wrote correctly before you comment Beads!

All i said was that there is no point in crying about spilt milk. The games passed and yes i was angry at the way they Broncos played at stages but FFS get over it!! Nobody is perfect and no one team is perfect espcecially a team as young as the one we have.

Coxy said:
Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:

I don't think anyone's "blaming" Parker or Wallace, simply pointing out flaws in their performances. nothing wrong with that.
All fair and good, but if you're going to do that, then look at the players who were worse than them, but I don't see that happening, although at least 2/3 of the team was worse, yet it's always Wallace and now Parker that cop it... Thaiday had a really bad game, but since he's one of people's favourites, very few "pointed out flaws in his performance"...

audragon said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:

All fair and good, but if you're going to do that, then look at the players who were worse than them, but I don't see that happening, although at least 2/3 of the team was worse, yet it's always Wallace and now Parker that cop it... Thaiday had a really bad game, but since he's one of people's favourites, very few "pointed out flaws in his performance"...

Wallace cops it because he never performs to the standard he set at the end of last season. He had a good kicking game against the cowboys but once again when Lockyer doesn't play he fails to direct the team around the park and struggles to make the right decision time after time. I am pretty sure Thaiday was criticised for his poor game.

Bucking Beads said:
Wallace cops it because he never performs to the standard he set at the end of last season. He had a good kicking game against the cowboys but once again when Lockyer doesn't play he fails to direct the team around the park and struggles to make the right decision time after time. I am pretty sure Thaiday was criticised for his poor game.
That's a load of BS, how is last game's team performance in anyway Wallace's fault?
Did you actually watch the game and all the players on the paddock, or did you put the goggles on and only paid attention to what Wallace did wrong?
Yes, he made a few mistakes and took a few wrong options, but most of his work was good, miles away better than any of the other playmakers on the turf.
The game plan put in place, the positioning changes invented by IH, as well as a crap line speed and ability to shut down second phase plays in D, is what cost us the game.
Add to that the inability of Gillett to finish the plays setup by Wallace and the absolute crap dished out from dummy half, and Thurston, Alfie and Johns put together would have barely been able to do better!
But if you expect miracles, then yes... You're right, Wallace didn't pull one out of his arse... :roll:

audragon said:
Bucking Beads said:
That's a load of BS, how is last game's team performance in anyway Wallace's fault?
Did you actually watch the game and all the players on the paddock, or did you put the goggles on and only paid attention to what Wallace did wrong?
Yes, he made a few mistakes and took a few wrong options, but most of his work was good, miles away better than any of the other playmakers on the turf.
The game plan put in place, the positioning changes invented by IH, as well as a crap line speed and ability to shut down second phase plays in D, is what cost us the game.
Add to that the inability of Gillett to finish the plays setup by Wallace and the absolute crap dished out from dummy half, and Thurston, Alfie and Johns put together would have barely been able to do better!
But if you expect miracles, then yes... You're right, Wallace didn't pull one out of his arse... :roll:

x2

Using Gillett at 5/8 would only work if you have a Smith/Luke/Farah at dummy half. Wallace had to run the show by himself and the forwards, McCullough/Hunt and Gillett didn't help him out much. It was a mind boggling decision by IH to have two halves sitting on the bench and Gillett at 5/8 when he is better as a second rower. He likes showing off the sides versatility and he pushed it to far this week.

audragon said:
Bucking Beads said:

It is not Wallace's fault we lost against Parra but he will still below his best performance therefore he gets bagged out. [icon_shru Ivan has been bagged for starting Gillett at halfback and Thaiday has been bagged for having a shocker and Parker has been bagged for his sideways running. It all adds up for a lose but Wallace is shit 9 times out of 10 hence why he cops it the most. Plus he has red hair and is played for NSW and is a Victard.

Bucking Beads said:
audragon said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":6lzkcxda]Wallace cops it because he never performs to the standard he set at the end of last season. He had a good kicking game against the cowboys but once again when Lockyer doesn't play he fails to direct the team around the park and struggles to make the right decision time after time. I am pretty sure Thaiday was criticised for his poor game.

It is not Wallace's fault we lost against Parra but he will still below his best performance therefore he gets bagged out. [icon_shru Ivan has been bagged for starting Gillett at halfback and Thaiday has been bagged for having a shocker and Parker has been bagged for his sideways running. It all adds up for a lose but Wallace is shit 9 times out of 10 hence why he cops it the most. Plus he has red hair and is played for NSW and is a Victard.[/quote:6lzkcxda]
I LOL'd at that last sentence and have no energy left to argue against you... icon_thumbs_u

Audragon its no use. Beads has an agenda against Wallace and there is no way you can change his mind. Everyone is entitled to their own opioion and that is why i respect his opinion but respectfully disagree!!

I'll be the first person to give Wallace credit when he deserves it but until then he will be criticised.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.