Broncos Vs. Eels - Match Thread

broncospwn said:
TBH for the next 3 weeks I would love to see

6. Norman
7. Hunt
9. Wallace
Macca left right out.

Honestly I reckon that's a really good combo, I'm a big fan of Wal but IMO he would be/is by far the best hooker we have at the club, awesome defense, very good passing game, he's quick and can set up a try here and there. McCullough has been useless for a very long time now, back to reserves. Hunt has shown he can be really good and IMO deserves a chance at 7(only if Wallace is at 9 instead) and Norman is a talent. It's not a great combination but it sure as hell beats 9. Mc 7. Wal and 6. Gillett....

Macca makes Wallace useless and Gillett kills off any chance of a useful play in the first place. That combo will make our attack hopeless against any team with decent defence. I just hope Ivan learns his fking lesson, backrowers at 6 = fail.

Unless things change (Wallace/McCulloughs form) then I wouldn't mind seeing us go with that next year but with Locky at 5/8 obviously.

tkday said:
If IH plays Norman the whole game and he doesn't perform I think that's definitely enough chances for Norman. He would need to go back and play in the lower grade for a while before coming back to the Broncos. I don't think he has what it takes personally. Look for the opposition to target him in attack on Friday night.

The problem with the u20 comp is the fact your guys are being pushed into first grade to fast. Norman has the talent and we have all seen it a few times in first grade.

Are you old enough to drink? and if so go watch the Rabbits game sober and let us know your thoughts.

http://www.nrl.com/video/tabid/10959/de ... #playvideo

radicaljack said:
Wow,i cant believe people are bashing Parker for "Taking to many hit ups". His experience was needed out there tonight and he showed up with a sh!tload off runs and a sh!itload of offloads. More than any of the other forwards could manage.

Parker has been consistent and really solid the last couple of seasons no doubt about that. HOWEVER he is 'killing' the play - this has got to stop... so what if it just happened to lead to two tries last game or whatever, how about the millions of times the play has gone down with him? Or runners are forced to over run it because of him? There are so many times where ALL he needs to do is catch and pass and IMO he SHOULD have the vision to do that - more importantly it is something IH should notice and address!!!

[icon_lol1. Just read an article on NRL.com and Henjak was blowing up about a decision on Friday night.

Now, most of you may not of noticed but there was an odd set of six that ended with Alex Glenn receiving the ball about 10m out from the try line. Well, according to Henjak we were robbed an extra play.

And do you want to know something? He was absolutely right.

The set goes...

Winter hit up.
Wallace tip onto Anderson.
Thaiday run through the middle.
Wallace mini-break through the left.
Glenn on the left.

Change over.

To make matters worse, even if Archer wasn't wrong, he called 5 AFTER the play the ball, AFTER the decision had been made to go that way AFTER Alex Glenn had decided to run at the Eels. Dead-set that is ordinary refereeing. Apparently the culprit wasn't Archer but Hampstead. Still, it leaves me fuming.

I remembered that call during the game.

The commentators were saying "and that's tackle 5" when Glenn was tackled.

It could've led to a try for us, but then again it might not have :roll:

Archer always robs us, pure scum he is a crap ref. They all are.

draggx said:
tkday said:
If IH plays Norman the whole game and he doesn't perform I think that's definitely enough chances for Norman. He would need to go back and play in the lower grade for a while before coming back to the Broncos. I don't think he has what it takes personally. Look for the opposition to target him in attack on Friday night.

The problem with the u20 comp is the fact your guys are being pushed into first grade to fast. Norman has the talent and we have all seen it a few times in first grade.

Are you old enough to drink? and if so go watch the Rabbits game sober and let us know your thoughts.

http://www.nrl.com/video/tabid/10959/de ... #playvideo

What round game was that? Norman has had more bad games than good, and you just said we push them into first grade too fast.

We do push them to fast, but im trying to show you a look at the talent Norman does have and what he has shown us in first grade.

You said "I don't think he has what it takes personally."I disagree and i think he does have it and the Rabbits game is a good example.

I agree. I think Norman has had enough chances. Seems to me he ***** things up far more than he does a half decent play.

Start of next season, no worries with him having another go. But when we are fighting to make the finals. Nope.

A few things I got from that game Drag.

1. Normans defense is not as bad as I thought, but man he is so slow and gets himself out of position sometimes, luckily in that round 14 game others were there to cover. He has to be careful and position himself correctly.

2. Norman wasn't that great in offense, he had some good plays but didn't show us anything brilliant. But he did show he can do the job as long as Wallace is leading well

3. Wallace can lead the team without Locky

4. We are going to miss Simms :)

5. Tronc has awesome defense considering how slow he is, Norman should look at him and how he positions himself so as not to get caught out in defense. Especially considering he is so much slower than Norman. Tronc's offload ability is unbelievable!

6. Yow Yeh is no trainer!! I mean seriously, poor Te'o was in pain and he had no idea what he was doing :P

Nashy said:
I agree. I think Norman has had enough chances. Seems to me he **** things up far more than he does a half decent play.

Start of next season, no worries with him having another go. But when we are fighting to make the finals. Nope.

While I would prefer the Broncos punt on Hunt (hehe) right now and see how Macca goes for 80 minutes, I also can't argue with putting some faith in Norman. He will learn a lot from this experience, even if he doesn't do all that well.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Maroon4life
  • Wolfie
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • bb_gun
  • westy316
  • Browny
  • Aldo
  • thenry
  • Fatboy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.