Broncos vs Eels - Team lists and pre-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But to be honest there hasn't been nearly enough vehement criticism of their performances, other than the end of the Roosters game. The Dragons got all the credit for their win, and the Broncos were lauded for being too classy for Penrith in the end.

Really it should've been "3 ratshit Broncos performances in a row, Henjak's head on the line, Lockyer faces axing, Michaels fails to repay the faith" etc...

Coxyz said:
I agree. But to be honest there hasn't been nearly enough vehement criticism of their performances, other than the end of the Roosters game. The Dragons got all the credit for their win, and the Broncos were lauded for being too classy for Penrith in the end.

Really it should've been "3 ratshit Broncos performances in a row, Henjak's head on the line, Lockyer faces axing, Michaels fails to repay the faith" etc...

We don't know what has been said behind closed doors though. I agree 3 poor performances in a row particularly in defence.

Beads6 said:
Coxyz said:

We don't know what has been said behind closed doors though. I agree 3 poor performances in a row particularly in defence.

... More particularly in the KICKING GAME

Watching that you tube clip just reminded me of how majestic Lockyer is when he is in form. His vision, option taking, ability to read the play two or three plays ahead, is just unbelievable. Get back to that form for us Locky and we will be a real chance for the premiership. Also, how good a finisher is Denan Kemp *sighs* I wish he was still here.

lynx000 said:
Watching that you tube clip just reminded me of how majestic Lockyer is when he is in form. His vision, option taking, ability to read the play two or three plays ahead, is just unbelievable. Get back to that form for us Locky and we will be a real chance for the premiership. Also, how good a finisher is Denan Kemp *sighs* I wish he was still here.
Why? Winterstein>Kemp

Yeh true, I really like the way Winterstein has been playing as well. I was thinking more along the lines of Folau and Hodges in the centres and Winterstein and Kemp on the wings.

Ghibli said:
Jebadude said:
Rightio, time for some good memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbaJDmDDao Go to 5:04 icon_thumbs_u

Hopefully we can see a bit more of this from Michaels at 4:16
Man Lockyer was in great form for us last year!
did you see the link to the Lockyer no try in the Origin [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non :mad: :mad: :mad: biggest robbery of all time. The man is a freak.

I would like to see that Lockyer back tonight, I think even though he's not up to his usual standards the last couple of weeks, he's still been better than almost every other 5/8th in the comp!!! People have lost the plot bagging him out!

Agrees with Mrs Long.

Lockyer and Wallace are both due. Folau will see some of the odd-shaped synthetic inflated thing he has heard so much about. Hindmarsh's knee will explode 92 seconds into the match and the rest of Parra will not be able to see the ball through their tears. Broncos by 164.

Lockyer has been quoted as saying that Folau is due for a big performance. We can only hope that will be tonight. Parra are my most hated team bar none and the thought of losing to them literally makes me want to throw up.

if locky fires brisbane by 50 :P

got the best feeling in the world about this game, worst case brisbane by 18

Brisbane will have to come out firing, Parra will want to shut the media up. If Broncos go in half hearted, we'll struggle.

In saying that, I have faith [icon_lol1. I have so many friends who are Parra fans, if we lose, I'll pretty much cop shit for the rest of the year.

Don't let me down Broncos!!

I'm not overly confident of this game, and I hope the players are feeling the same way. As Henjak said, it could go one of 2 ways. Parra either completely capitulate and they get flogged, or they finally decide to do something about the criticism that's been directed at them over the last couple of weeks and the broncos find themselves in a serious fight. At this stage I'm leaning towards the second option because as shit as Parra are, I can't yet believe that they'll play as badly as they did last week given what's been said about them.

It's seriously the one game (or 2 depending on if we play them twice) of the year that we simply can't lose. Obviously I care about the others, but it's not life and death if we lose. Against Parra, it is life and death. Simple as that!

Call me crazy, but i think we'll absolutely dominate this match.

Can't wait to see Wapau!

ningnangnong said:
Call me crazy, but i think we'll absolutely dominate this match.

Can't wait to see Wapau!

I get that feelinf too .. The Eeels have no stars and have no way of getting on top of the Broncos unless half the team falls over. Broncos by plenty is my tip and Lockyer to fight it out with Wallace for MOM.

That's exactly what bothers me. I'm just hoping they don't relax too much and fall asleep. Every team revs up to play the Broncos - it drives me crazy when we get beaten by an average side that pretty much loses most of the other games of the season.

But, in saying that, I can't see us losing. I'm sure Henjak has drilled them pretty well this week.

Looking forward to seeing plenty of tries come our way tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jedhead
  • rj9
  • MrRobot
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • winslow_wong
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Manofoneway
  • leon.bott
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.