12. Ashton Sims
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Aaron Gorrell
15. Palmer Wapau
16. Josh McGuire
17. Alex Glenn

Taylor's been.. dropped? :evil:

Taylor goooooorn. Interesting selection.

Can't make this one. In Melbourne for the ANZAC Day clash icon_thumbs_u

Will this be Wapau's debut?... I don't agree with the Taylor dropping (unless he has picked up an injury) i would drop Gorrell from the bench to bring Taylor back in. other than that it is a pretty good side. I Knew it wouldn't be long before McCullough was the starting hooker

Word has it, Taylor has signed to Souths.
Headjob Henjak isn't too happy about it, and has dropped him to QLD Cup

McCullough to start, yeah ha. _woohoo_

Terrible news if that's true about Taylor [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non

Foordy said:
Will this be Wapau's debut?...

Yep...Was scheduled to debut vs the Warriors in August last year but didn't have a passport :oops:

Isn't wapau more of a backrower?? One prop on the bench seems dodgy.

I hope Taylor's injured, surely he hasn't been dropped on form, Mcguire was no better than him last week.

Tiger_Woods said:

Good on Henjak if this is the case, banish him for the rest of the year. Rather see us develop Wapau or McGuire if Taylor won't be around in 2010

Russo said:
Tiger_Woods said:

Good on Henjak if this is the case, banish him for the rest of the year. Rather see us develop Wapau or McGuire if Taylor won't be around in 2010

I hate that philosophy, I think you should pick the best players available to you. In this very professional era of rugby playing signing elsewhere is enviable, you'd be stupid to drop a player every time that happens. Fair enough if you drop a player you are just grooming for first grade (cos they are leaving), but Taylor actually brings alot to the 17.

If he was dropped for this reason, do we now drop Hunt if he signs elsewhere??

I'm kinda jumping the gun a bit tho.

Russo said:
Tiger_Woods said:

Yeah, let's pay someone 120k to play Queensland Cup!

Sport is all about the present. No one cares what you did or what you are going to do, you should put your best out on the paddock all the time.

From his on-field performances, DT has done nothing to deserve getting dropped. There is a lot of players doing worse than him atm.

Tiger_Woods said:

source?

Greetings all. With all due respect, I just think that "Sport is all about the present" is rather short sighted. Realistically you don't want your best team on the paddock on a day-by-day basis. You want your best team long term. Sure Dave Taylor will bring a positive benefit to the team, but only in 2009 and he's gone in 2010 where you are left blooding a youngster. If it's of benefit to the club long term, blood the youngster now and let DT play Qld Cup. But don't drop him out of anger - do it only if the team reaps a benefit overall.

If Taylor has signed with South (and destroyed his career in the process) then i do agree with him being dropped. the same thing was done when Hodges signed for the Roosters. we don't want to be developing a player for Souths to take advantage of. we need ensure that the players that are staying are up to NRL Standard. and we do that by giving them game time in the top level.

+1.

Most clubs have their playing roster for 2010 mostly worked out, and are planning recruitment for 2011 based on what they have for next year, and what their goals are for on field performance.

Taylor was probably part of the Broncos' plans, but if he's going elsewhere he throws a major spanner in those plans so it's reasonable to oust him and revise the plan.

But I hope it's bullshit and he's just being rotated.

But surely the benefit the Taylor can provide to this year would outweigh the potential benefit of blooding a new player who may turn out to be garbage anyway (or sign somewhere else aswell..)

It's early in the season, it's probably much of a muchness at this point. If no better option exists, then Taylor will probably get a recall.

If it happened ~ Round 20 I could understand keeping Taylor since he'd be part of the team routine etc.

We need to remember that at this point it is just speculation that he has signed for Souths and thus been dropped because of his signing elsewhere.

but ATM, Henjak is publicly saying that he needs to go back to QCUP to get some minutes into his legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • kiwibronco
  • Wendall Taylor
  • HVbronco
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.