Broncos Vs. Manly - Match Thread

Coxy said:
audragon said:
Coxy said:
Re: Hodges/Folau...I'd compromise. I'd let Hodges play in his favourite number 4, but make him play left side.
:roll: [icon_lol1.

What? I reckon Hodges would be as attached to his number as his position on the field.
You're probably right, and I believe Hodgo is better suited to play left than Folau.
I still thought that the "compromise" thing was funny though. [icon_wink

tkday said:
That's incredible don't you think? 7 or 8 players under the age of 21!!

Thats why i mentioned it!! The only club that would come close to them type of numbers would be Raiders.

Hopefully by the time they become stars the Salary cap has risen a lot so we can keep them togeather.

Through Norman into the mix aswell. That kids only 18!!!!!

So what happens to Glenn when Hodges comes back and he or Folau play left centre? Would be hard to have him + Gillett + Hunt on the bench. Since all the players they come on to replace can play a lot of minutes already. Really hard to remove players who are doing well.

Hunt would drop off the bench unfortunately, but that's just the problem with a glutton of options around.

Either that or Hunt plays 9 and McCollough doesnt play. IMO Hunt showed more then McCollough agaisnt Manly. I agree, Glen to the bench with Gillet and the two best front rowers!

Donny said:
Either that or Hunt plays 9 and McCollough doesnt play. IMO Hunt showed more then McCollough agaisnt Manly. I agree, Glen to the bench with Gillet and the two best front rowers!

As fond as I am of Hunt, McCullough is the best hooker option at the moment. Hunt will get more chances.

Coxy said:
Hunt would drop off the bench unfortunately, but that's just the problem with a glutton of options around.
It's a very good sign when good players who aren't doing anything wrong have to drop off, it shows we have quality depth.
IMO if we don't win the comp this year we will be real threats next year with all our juniors improving massively and our senior players going no where.

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
It's a very good sign when good players who aren't doing anything wrong have to drop off, it shows we have quality depth.
IMO if we don't win the comp this year we will be real threats next year with all our juniors improving massively and our senior players going no where.

My only fear next year is if Hodges got injured again and we dont sign another star centre. If our foward pack plays aswell as it is this year and you add Hannant then we will have the fowards but we might be a bit lean in the quality centre department. Dale Copley might suprise there though or Alex Glen. Glen may need to pick up his attack side of the game though.

I'm hoping this injury will be the last of Hodges' injury worries, well fingers crossed anyway but sign another star centre like Inglis please!

Copley is a future star, don't worry about that. But he won't be at the Hodges-Folau type level next season. And yes, if we lose Hodges to injury (hahahahahaha, if...) then our back line is significantly weakened.

TBH if the Broncos use what ever money we have to sign all the younger guys up for 4 or so years i wont be pissed off. By that time the new TV deal would of come in and hopefully a increase in the salary cap. In four years from now we could have the best team in the comp by light years with the amount of young guys who have played first grade for us already. I say lets stick with the talent we have developed ourself's, we proabally wont see the reward of it in the next year or so but in 2 years we have a great group of stars who have already played 50+ 1st grade games.

-We could sign Ingliss now and we might win the Premiership next year but we might loose some younger guys
or
- we could stick by our juniors in the under 20's and in two or so years have a awsome team or younger guys who are hopefully going to show some loyality to the Broncos by staying with us for a long time.

Donny said:
TBH if the Broncos use what ever money we have to sign all the younger guys up for 4 or so years i wont be pissed off. By that time the new TV deal would of come in and hopefully a increase in the salary cap. In four years from now we could have the best team in the comp by light years with the amount of young guys who have played first grade for us already. I say lets stick with the talent we have developed ourself's, we proabally wont see the reward of it in the next year or so but in 2 years we have a great group of stars who have already played 50+ 1st grade games.

-We could sign Ingliss now and we might win the Premiership next year but we might loose some younger guys
or
- we could stick by our juniors in the under 20's and in two or so years have a awsome team or younger guys who are hopefully going to show some loyality to the Broncos by staying with us for a long time.

do agree with this. Maybe look at staggering the deals with our young stars so that in two years time we are not looking at losing a couple cause we cant afford them all when they all are playing origin and for Aus (and NZ thanks Glenn [icon_shady )

Active Now

• Galah
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.