Broncos Vs. Manly - Match Thread

garcia said:
Karmicheal Hunt jumps ship, in comes Josh Hoffman. Dave Taylor switches teams, enter Matt Gillett. Izzy jumps codes, here comes ?????? Aaron Whitchurch perhaps?

At this stage, if we don't sign another marquee player to replace Folau, I would say that Dale Copley would have first shot at the vacant center spot. he is the leading try score in the NYC and i beleive he plays left center which is a bonus as Hodges is a right center.

Foordy said:
garcia said:
lynx000 said:
Does anyone know what the situation is with Anderson he is still injured or not being picked?

I think he is still injured although he isn't on the injured list or in any Q Cup squad which is the same as Denan Kemp, the Courier Mail has always struggled keeping up with disabled list.

Anderson is on the injry list at http://www.broncos.com.au

says he is due back round 14 which is next round.

Thanks Foordy

The Rock said:
Dale Copley lolz.

Seriously, if we don't sign someone big next year then our scoring ability till suffer next year IMO. If Hodges is fit for the entire year then fine, we'll be sweet as. But he won't, and we don't want to end up with 2 very inexperienced centres.

Yep, losing Folau is going to be a massive blow if we can't replace him.

Copley, Beale, etc just don't compare.

Fantastic performance again. The thing I am liking best about our current winning streak is that we are winning games well. You can have games where we would win but there was still plenty of areas to be worked on (like our win against the Cowboys) but the last 4 wins have just been exactly what the doctor ordered. Defence brilliant and the big guns are firing.

The Rock said:
Kenny and Anderson straight back in with Setu and Dodds regulated.

With a switch or valve?

Not so sure I'd slot either "straight" back in. I'd rather not disrupt things too much for the sake of a player returning off injury.

Great game today, worth the trip in the rain. I'm not sure who is responsible for the change this year, but it was fantastic to see the players go over to the stable and actually celebrate with them, rather than just the half-hearted clap/wave in their general direction like they always used to. They look like they're genuinely having a lot of fun at the moment and getting more involved with each other and their supporters.

Why not drop Sims?

I reckon it's between Sims or Dodds.

Dodds really needs to do more with the ball in hand. He hardly makes any runs.

While I don't think Kenny should be in the "automatic" selection department he's a better option then Dodds or Sims but my only reservation is the team is playing awesome and not one players deserves to be dropped. I can't pick out a player who isn't putting in 100% or playing badly atm.

Hodges is in the automatic selection ranks though so maybe Glenn to bench with Hodges taking his left centre spot.
Geez, we have too many awesome backrowers, someone like Glenn or Gillett would be getting starting backrow spot in any other team but Te'o, Thaiday and Parker are all amazing players and Setu is pretty handy as well.

I just hope Glenn or Gillett don't leave us for another team where they would get a regular starting spot, hopefully not.

I thought Dodds made some really good runs in the 2nd half, and really hit hard in tackles. He's improving every game, but agree that when Kenny and Anderson come back they may take Sims' and Dodds' spots on the bench.

My line of thinking is if Sims isnt going to be a Bronoco next year then Dodds stays in and Sims gets dropped. When we have Hodges, Anderson and Kenny back i expect our team to look something like this.
1. Hoffman
2. Winter
3/4. Hodges
4/3. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCollough/Hunt one of them is going to miss out, Glen will take the utility role on the bench IMO
10. Kenny
11. Teo
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. Glen
15. Gillet
16. Anderson
17. Setu/Dodds

It's going to be hard to fit everyone into the side when Kemp, Hodges, Kenny and Anderson come back.

Re: Hodges/Folau...I'd compromise. I'd let Hodges play in his favourite number 4, but make him play left side.

It was awesome yesterday to see Watmough continually getting smashed by the likes of Gillett and Teo; and the Manly forward pack being completely dominated! I laughed so hard when George Rose was taken over the sideline.

Coxy said:
Re: Hodges/Folau...I'd compromise. I'd let Hodges play in his favourite number 4, but make him play left side.
:roll: [icon_lol1.

azza79 said:
It was awesome yesterday to see Watmough continually getting smashed by the likes of Gillett and Teo; and the Manly forward pack being completely dominated! I laughed so hard when George Rose was taken over the sideline.

Someone threw the ball at the back of Yow Yeh's head as well. YY just turned around and gave them a smug smile.

What a selcetion headache for Ivan when we have our injured players back. There is going to be some very upset boys, espectially the boys who have worked hard for the past 5 weeks to get us to where we are now. I think Kenny and Anderson if fully fit will probally make it into the team. Hodges is a no brainer.

Either McCollough or Hunt will miss out along with with 2 of sims/setu/dodds. Bad luck to the boys who miss out, but there is an upside...............we finally have some depth and depth who have actually played first grade before.

On a final note, Sterlo mentioned the fact that the Broncos have 7 or 8 (cant remember the number) players under the age of 21 in that Broncos team that played Manly. I cant blame the Broncos for not wanting to look else where for a Folau replacement. What a performance from a team with half of them still elidgable to play under 20's.

That's incredible don't you think? 7 or 8 players under the age of 21!!

audragon said:
Coxy said:
:roll: [icon_lol1.

What? I reckon Hodges would be as attached to his number as his position on the field.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Morkel
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncoscope
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • barker
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.