Broncos Vs. Manly - Match Thread

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
such a good win, so proud.

Hoffman impressed me so much today. he fucked up early quite a few times, and not once did he lose it, he was like, yeah whatever, ill make up for it, and he did. That was the main thing i used to like about Karmichael. Good to see Hoffman doesn't let mistakes get to him.

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
It was good to hear in the post match interview with Thaiday that he is 'having fun at the moment' - and it's certainly showing, not just with him, but the whole team. Well done boys!! :) :)

P

Prime

May 14, 2010
Sensational effort from the Broncs today in testing conditions once again.

Especially a great display from Hoffman who's really starting excel in first grade now.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hoffman, Winter, Folau, Locky, Thaiday, Te'o, Gillett, Parker and Hunt off the bench were very ****ing impressive.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
A much better performance than against the Sharks. It's scary to think what the score could of been on a dry track or if we had of made better decisions in space.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I've got to say, I was really impressed with Lockyer.

He didn't really do anything outstanding (other than that break), but his organisational skills, passing and kicking were all top shelf.

His vision is brilliant, that break that Thaiday made down the left from our 20m line was because Lockyer spotted an opening and got the ball to him. That was just one instance as well, he did it a couple of times.

I thought Wallace was really poor in comparison. He just seemed to have a 'nothing' game. Needs to pick it up IMO.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
I think Manly are lucky it was raining. Really made it hard to spread the ball and use our backs. Foward pack was outstanding. Thought the use of McCollough and Hunt was very good. If Hunt is on the bench he has to play more then 10mins like the sharks game. Hunt was good in defence to.

HOFFMAN man i am so glad we just signed him for another two years. That guy is awsome. Any1 think he or Yow Yeh are a shot for the wing spot for Queensland now that Tate has broken his jaw?? They want to go with youth dont they so that might mean Lote doesnt get picked.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Just a reminder to all - if you are going to post match/score updates before the game starts on the TV - please ensure you put the word SPOILERS in the subject thread.

Some people like to watch the game without knowing anything about the result or how it is going, so this is just a common courtesy for them to not come into the thread.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Can we unlock the build up thread for the match against the Rabbitohs?

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Clinical!

I'm glad we've got the full week before facing Souths next week. That was a heavy ground and we'll take a few days to recover. Good performances from Lockyer, Thiaday and Hoffman. I'll back us to do the job against the bunnies next Sunday, even with the rep players missing.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Can we unlock the build up thread for the match against the Rabbitohs?

Only cause you asked nicely (although a please wouldn't go astray next time [icon_razz1 )

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Flutterby said:
Just a reminder to all - if you are going to post match/score updates before the game starts on the TV - please ensure you put the word SPOILERS in the subject thread.

Some people like to watch the game without knowing anything about the result or how it is going, so this is just a common courtesy for them to not come into the thread.

Flutterby, I made the thread with the intention of it being "tv time" thread but then people starting posting "live" results. I said in my first post 4 pm kickoff as in this thread should be going by TV time.

I came back to see someone said Manly scored and I didn't return to the thread until it was game over, I thought we've always gone "tv time" for Sunday match threads so that's why I didn't put "spoiler" in title cause I had the intention of going by the Ch9 telecast.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Wasn't aimed at you Broncospwn - I could see your intent

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Yep, would be nice if we could have a thread for the TV broadcast. Maybe 2 seperate threads that can be merged later.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
user_nat said:
Yep, would be nice if we could have a thread for the TV broadcast. Maybe 2 seperate threads that can be merged later.

Yeah I suggested this a couple of years back, I reckon it would be ace!

I enjoy discussing the match when it's on the telly, so if we could have a thread for it even if it's delayed, that'd be grand. Surely no one would ruin it by posting live scores and that.

PLEASE consider it Flutterby. [icon_wink

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.