Broncos vs Panthers - Team lists and pre-game discussion

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Beads6 said:
I am happy with the team selected as for S. Michaels he was given a solid talking to from Henjak yesterday about his form so lets hope he turns things around. Looking forward to seeing Sims getting a crack I think he needs a chance to redeem himself.

Why wasn't Setu given a solid talking to and left in the team then?

Seems a tad unfair, especially considering Setu has been performing better than Michaels in previous matches.

I have know idea maybe he has already been spoken too??? Maybe if there were more options in the centres Michaels would be dropped.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Good team all-round I think. Should be good enough to fight out what will be a close game I think.

Lets just hope it doesnt go to golden point like the corresponding clash last year and we have Perry run out on to the field to try and kick the winning field goal. That was a shambles haha

Should be a good night for the SBBS out at Penny Park, looking forward to this game immensely!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Finally, a side that I am actually 100% happy with. :D

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
Very suprsised that Setu's beee dropped, don't think he's been that bad. Happy witht he side otherwise.

A

ALH

QCup Player
Mar 7, 2008
Abe The Cop said:
Very suprsised that Setu's beee dropped, don't think he's been that bad. Happy witht he side otherwise.

His laziness led to 2 tries so he deserved to be dropped.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
sad for Setu but he hasnt been the player he was at the Dragons yet. Dont know why he isnt offloading at his will like last year.

Good to see ivan laying down the law and dropping ppl when needed. shows that hard work in the qld cup pays off

*side note* This is wallace's 1st game back at penrith isnt it?

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Penrith Panthers

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Tighe
5. Shane Elford
6. Wade Graham
7. Jarrod Sammut
8. Matthew Bell
9. Paul Aiton
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis

14. Masada Iosefa
15. Nathan Smith
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Frank Puletua
18. Tim Grant

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
hopefully our left side attack can run rings around Tighe and Oldford.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Jennings's defence is major lols at times, Hodges and Folau could really dominate there (I assume he plays on the left?)

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
correct, Ivan said in the press conference that Hodges and izzy would have to defend well against Jennings

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
Nine and NBN on the Coast have Broncos game live. So the Titans fans are getting shafted, which is a good thing.

Praise be to channel nine Nashy for once, now I don't need to wait for the Titans game to be over till I see the game :D

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Hmm, Panthers have been very competitive but they have their flaws. As long as we defend a lot better than we did in the last twenty minutes vs the Roosters we should win by 12.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Risk for Brisbane is scoring first and thinking we are going to dominate then letting the other sides back in.

Penrith are a "oh we're written off and have nothing to lose" performers. They put in a good performance against the Storm so will have nothing to prove (and will be worn out after last week's effort) against the Broncos.

Broncos by 13+ to send a warning around the competition and to get the Origin marginals over the line (Wallace, Taylor(sif), Clinton).

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
I don't see Setu as having a very long career unless it's as a removalist so I have no problems whatsoever with his axing but his replacement doesn't fill me with confidence either but it is a new year and hopefully Ashton can prove all his naysayers wrong. The pack still worries me a bit, there are whispers Clinton might get picked for origin, I'm still not sure he is a bonafied first grader, we'll see in a month's time if he has remained consistent. As for the backline, it's terrific, Micheals is certainly struggling and I'd love to see Yow Yeh in there somewhere but he'll get his chance and young Stevey boy will improve. Broncos by 7.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
kelsey tisdale said:
I don't see Setu as having a very long career unless it's as a removalist

I'm sorry, but that's a load of shit.

Every man and his dog can see that Setu has a bright future in the game.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Agree ning, he was lazy on his defence coming over from the inside, as someone stated earlier, he basically let in two tries, he was slow coming across on the Mason try, and missed the tackle on the big islander fella that lead to Pearce's try - not too sure what else, but obviously Henjak is making a statement, not too sure... But it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this, and what happens when Teo comes back from injury...

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
kelsey tisdale said:
I don't see Setu as having a very long career unless it's as a removalist

I'm sorry, but that's a load of shit.

Every man and his dog can see that Setu has a bright future in the game.

Agree but I am happy to see Sims in the side at the moment. He has been playing very well in the lower grade so far this season and played very well against the Warriors as well. He deserves another crack at first grade, and IMO Setu needs a bit of a wake up. I haven't seen anywhere near the explosiveness that he provided at the Dragons last year.

I also really like that Sims has been bought into the starting side and not just onto the bench.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Skyblues87
  • Rowdy124
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • barker
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ozzball
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.