Broncos Vs. Rabbitohs - ***LIVE SPOILERS***

Donny said:
Tronc and Sims were outstanding today. Wallace really stood up and took control when he needed to. Anderson and McGuire were good off the bench.

Josh Hoffman how good is the guy.......................Karmichael who???

I wasnt at the game but it didnt seem like there was to many people at the game?? Am i rite?
I missed the crowd number, did anyone else see what it was?

The Rock said:
I am sure everyone else has given raps to our best players (Parker, Gillett, Hoffman, Wallace etc) So I don't bore you with that. Actually just on Gillett lol...Man, stuff signing Inglis. Keep this guy in the centre, upgrade his contact or something. Seriously, he is one of the most genuine centres I have seen in ages. He knows how to hit a gap, he is good in defence, he can draw and pass, he can get a good offload away to his winger...he's got it all. Does he really need to be in the centres?

But I want to give a rap to McGuire and Sims. Both played very very well and IMO, having size off the bench is VERY important. These 2 guys are HUGE. Problem with having size is, if you don't play well then you'll turn into a big lump of shit. If you use the size to your advantage, you're going to dominated - These 2 dominated today.

Only criticism was our defence in the 2nd half. We just lacked that extra bit of intencity - Probably because we were too excited and just wanted to score tries. So long as we get back into it next week, we'll be fine.

Also, Chris Sandow is pathetic.

I think he is better in the second row. Colin Best showed him up a bit on our try line. But in Attack Man Gillet can play. Great player. icon_thumbs_u

broncospwn said:
Donny said:
Tronc and Sims were outstanding today. Wallace really stood up and took control when he needed to. Anderson and McGuire were good off the bench.

Josh Hoffman how good is the guy.......................Karmichael who???

I wasnt at the game but it didnt seem like there was to many people at the game?? Am i rite?
I missed the crowd number, did anyone else see what it was?

Just a touch over 30,000. Pretty good crowd considering we were without our Origin players.

The Rock said:
But that was just inexperience. And how many tries has Gillett let in this year? One. How many has he scored this year and how many has he SAVED this year? About 10 in total.

10 Vs 1 - The best try isn't even worth mentioning.

No dobut he can score them and set them up, but like i said IMO he will be a better wide running backrower then a centre. He can still set them up playing in the second row out wide...........

The Rock said:
But that was just inexperience. And how many tries has Gillett let in this year? One. How many has he scored this year and how many has he SAVED this year? About 10 in total.

10 Vs 1 - The best try isn't even worth mentioning.

Maturity was shown with how Gillett fixed his style after that mistake. A top player and i agree with your earlier post, Stuff Inglis!!

Awesome game....I spent more time jumping around the lounge room after each try than I did sitting watching.
Gillett I think is incredible. Agree with Draggx, he plays with a maturity and skillsbase/ knowledge well beyond his years. Gotta give a wrap to young Norman, he could have been a little slutted after being taken from fullback and dropped from the team but he showed just what we can look forward to post Lockyer, not bad for an 18 year old huh?

Just got home from the game and I'm still buzzing from that Yow Yeh finish! _woohoo_

I'd like to apologize to the lady in front of me for the jizz during Yow Yeh's try :oops:

For a 30.000+ crowd, the atmosphere started a bit dud with barely any applause for the players announcement, maybe because of the U20's loss (28-36). Hodgo got by far the biggest applause when he was interviewed.

I didn't read most of the thread, so I might be repeating what others have said.

Great game and result in Parker's first victory as a captain, and boy did he play well!
I thought he probably deserved MOM over Gillett, but there were so many awsome players, it's almost unfair not to give Te'o, Yow Yeh, Hoffman, Norman, Glenn, Tronc, Wallace and the aforementioned the MOM award.
Honorable mentions to Sims (his best game this season), Macca, Hunt, Dodds, Anderson and "The Big Show".
Winterstein and Setu were a bit quiet today, but still put on a few runs and hitups.

Great performance against an in form team (even if missing some important people) and very dodgy referreing IMO. I haven't seen the images yet. so I might be wrong...

Fantastically well done boys! [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be close to the youngest NRL team ever fielded by the Broncos?
How good is the future looking? icon_thumbs_u

audragon said:
Hodgo got by far the biggest applause when he was interviewed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be close to the youngest NRL team ever fielded by the Broncos?
How good is the future looking? icon_thumbs_u
God has that effect I guess.
The future is looking very bright, so many super talented youngsters.

Yer Sterlo said that number 1,2,3,4,5,6,9 are all under 22 years old. I would think that it would have to be very close to the youngest NRL team to play NRL week in week out.

Donny said:
Yer Sterlo said that number 1,2,3,4,5,6,9 are all under 22 years old. I would think that it would have to be very close to the youngest NRL team to play NRL week in week out.
10, 14, 15 and 18 also!
I'm not sure about Te'o but he's either 22 or 23, Wallace 25 and Tronc is the oldest guy at 28! [icon_ee

Great win today and good to see we stuck with the style of play that has been working instead of what we usually do at origin time and go back to one off no mistake crap.

Still not convinced about macca as our best option at d half but subbing with Hunt seems to work atm.

I am really enjoying watching Gillett play, he just does all the basic stuff so well, positioning, draw and pass, backs up, runs good lines and makes the right decision most of the time he looks like he is having fun playing a bit of footy.

Hoffman has made the most of his time at fullback, definately stepped up in the last month.

I loved the way the boys are enjoying playing footy again, the young guys are really making the most of the form they are in. With the off laods, the support play, speed of youth and the creativity these guys are showing, the team hasn't looked so positive for as long as I can recall. Well done guys, well done indeed.

Donny said:
pretty sure we've had the youngest NRL team for the last 3-4 years, not just this year.

i didnt get to see the game :(. will try download it.

Anonymous person said:
Donny said:
pretty sure we've had the youngest NRL team for the last 3-4 years, not just this year.

You missed a good game

Anonymous person said:
Donny said:

Firefox + Add-on + Bigpond site... ;)

draggx said:
Anonymous person said:
Donny said:

Firefox + Add-on + Bigpond site... ;)
draggx which add on do you use to download BP videos?

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Santa
  • arieals
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.