Broncos vs Sea Eagles Post Game Discussion

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxyz said:
Well personally, I would think having played 70-odd minutes and having the energy and commitment to be involved in 3 tries in the final 10 minutes to steal victory would be a pretty good training target.

Comets were down 32-6 with 18 minutes to go!

And as my above edited post says - maybe Henjak could introduce some training targets for a number of our top grade forwards.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Steve has been a tough one, he starts the season terribly then manages to play reasonably. He picked his act up after that St George debacle, but then he comes across a centre of some reputation and loses his bundle, what do we do?? He's cheap and can come up with the goods every so often, he's got experience but seems to lack talent. Looking at the way he plays, I feel for Yow Yeh who started with a blinder and was good enough to keep his spot.

Steve reminds me of Shane Perry. He had enough experience that you could pick him and every so often he'd do enough for you to not hate him, but most of the time you scratched your head wondering why do we persevere with him, he was the cop out option, when we should be blooding some new talent, we persevered with a hack.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He'll be there come Origin time. That's maybe why Henjak's persisting with him.

Hopefully, he rewards the faith by recapturing his last year's form.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I hope so too RNA, and soon too. I don't know, there does seem to be a bit of a double standard though how other players have had to go back to Q-Cup (or start there, like Sims) but Michaels seems to be like Teflon, nothing sticks, particularly the ball. lolz

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lynx000 said:
I hope so too RNA, and soon too. I don't know, there does seem to be a bit of a double standard though how other players have had to go back to Q-Cup (or start there, like Sims) but Michaels seems to be like Teflon, nothing sticks, particularly the ball. lolz

Ha ha. Like that one.

Given that Michaels, aside from Hodges & Folau, is really our only reasonably top-level experienced centre, it's probably a good strategy to keep him in the side till Origin.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Scorchie
  • Johnny92
  • BruiserMk1
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.