Broncos vs Sea Eagles Post Game Discussion

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
terrible game... started off good, healthy lead and could have gone on with it and post a big score..

BUT!

NO!

Lyon carved us up with Michaels licking his wounds everytime. And why do we persist with these inside passes?? Thaiday doesnt even run good enough lines to break the line! Manly going wide was our downfall, didnt markup well, Winterstein was good on offence, bit dodgy on defence..Glenn aswell

Wallace did it tough for a bit, we lacked enthusiasm for long periods of time, Manly kept throwing the game back at us with their poor 5th play options, but then we didnt capitalise on their errors.

PJ Marsh IMO played great, played direct and was punishing in D..Parker played good too..dayum on that last conversion

steady debut for Beale, safe under the highball, we really missed Hunt today.

No excuses, we got out enthused..where to from here..

How in hell was Lyon's 2nd try awarded.

IMO, that was the turning point of the game.

How predictable - we always tend to play teams in Manly's position back into form, lol.

And yet another impressive second half. We're starting to look like the England of the NRL.

Toss of the coin job against the Boobs next week.

that bat forward was too obvious..his try through using his torso was mind boggling YET still got the try..rub of the green for sure..

If it was us using the torso, I bet it would have been no try.

where to from here ... ? more difficulty imo ... To allow a team that's down in every department to waltz into your backyard and beat you is hugely disappointing. But to do the aforementioned after LEADING 16-0 is disgusting.

Physically I think this team is going to do it mightily tough over the next six or eight weeks. Starting with the five day turnaround for Friday's local derby against the Titans.

Mentally I think defeats like today's can take a toll on teams as well. And I suspect that might be the case with this young Broncos team.

But imo, there's some real shortcomings in this squad .. and it starts and ends with the forward pack. The Broncos just don't win the "arm-wrestle" consistently enough imo. They struggle to get opposition teams back-peddaling. And compounding this is the fact the Broncos are virtually devoid of a dummy-half to pinch yards and take the heat off the forwards. I said Michael Ennis would be a massive loss for Brisbane when they let him go last year, and that's exactly where it's at.

Michaels was dreadful yet again, caught out so many times when Manly went wide, I dont understand why Marsh wasnt on in that second half, we went down hill without him, Gorrell had a shocker as well.

Lets hope Hunt and Hodges are back next week, with Marsh at 9, Yow Yeh on the wing and Folou at centre.

We really missed Hunt today, can't believe how flat our attack looked at times.

Only positive for me was PJ, he was fantastic.

Michaels was terrible, made Lyon look like an absolute superstar. I also think Thaiday proved the selectors right in not picking him for Aus, he was very quiet and was completely outplayed by stewart.

ronnyd said:
We really missed Hunt today, can't believe how flat our attack looked at times.

Only positive for me was PJ, he was fantastic. Michaels was terrible, made Lyon look like an absolute superstar.
agree about PJ, why was he missing in that 2nd half?

Ronny, your avatar illustrates perfectly how the last two performances have made my head feel, lol.

I think the only way Brisbane gets to the final fortnight of this year's competition is with PJ Marsh playing at number nine on a weekly basis.

Lyon carved albeit with the rub of the green. Hopefully that performance of Michaels will be enough to get him out of the team. He gave away the penalty that ended up being the turning point of the game.

We started off very very well but our lack of being able to put teams away cost us dearly. I am a fan of Corey's kicking but gee wiz it cost us today even though they were tough kicks. If Wallace is a better kick I dont really understand why we arent using him. Time will tell whether Henjak realises this though!

Really need to get back into the winners circle on Friday night against the Tits!

Bull_Shark said:
where to from here ... ? more difficulty imo ... To allow a team that's down in every department to waltz into your backyard and beat you is hugely disappointing. But to do the aforementioned after LEADING 16-0 is disgusting.

Physically I think this team is going to do it mightily tough over the next six or eight weeks. Starting with the five day turnaround for Friday's local derby against the Titans.

Mentally I think defeats like today's can take a toll on teams as well. And I suspect that might be the case with this young Broncos team.

But imo, there's some real shortcomings in this squad .. and it starts and ends with the forward pack. The Broncos just don't win the "arm-wrestle" consistently enough imo. They struggle to get opposition teams back-peddaling. And compounding this is the fact the Broncos are virtually devoid of a dummy-half to pinch yards and take the heat off the forwards. I said Michael Ennis would be a massive loss for Brisbane when they let him go last year, and that's exactly where it's at.

Oh and Brisbane is also the undisputed master of MISSED TACKLES. And has been for years

Another week bereft of 80 minutes of effort.

Michaels went backwards, only positive was the retun of Marsh, who should play 80 mins for the rest of the season. It is obvious our defense needs another foward on the bench.

Manly second try was a bullshit decision and their 3rd try was from a forward pass [icon_non :roll:

Broncos simply just stopped playing football in the second half, plain and simple. I mean Manly is a team just about everyone one has beaten this seaon. It seems to be typical everythime we play a team that are at the bottom of the table we lose. No team should lose after a 16-0 start. I can except the last 2 losses, we just played really bad and were never in it, this one the players should be ashamed.

We were really dominated in the forwards IMO. But what can you expect when the coach plays 100000 backrowers in the side?

We were bunched up in the 2nd half.

You culd have thrown a blanket over them

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • simplythebest
  • Broncojim
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • Painin the Haas
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.