13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Ashton Sims
16. Palmer Wapau
17. Alex Glenn
18. Aaron Gorrell
19. Andrew McCullough
20. Josh McGuire

A fair few changes. Marsh seems to have leapfrogged McCullough and Gorrell all of a sudden.

Marsh has been killing it for the Comets from what I hear, but that's a big change.

And yet Michaels survives....

Yup PJ deserves a shot for sure. Michaels being in the team is just wrong though. Interesting too see Taylor not even on the map, is he injured does anyone know?

So neither Gorrell or McCullough in first 17, does that mean it's likely they'll go in with just PJ as #9 option or am I reading too much into it?

Flutterby said:
So neither Gorrell or McCullough in first 17, does that mean it's likely they'll go in with just PJ as #9 option or am I reading too much into it?

Well Gorrell and McCullough are both outside the first four on the bench, so that's a fair assumption. Or perhaps they're just naming a massive bench in case Hodges, Folau, Wallace or Lockyer can't back up from Friday night?

But running with PJ as the sole hooker is a touch risky, knowing his luck he'll be injured somehow.

Yay PJ!!!
please god dont let him get injured before sunday...lol!
Hes been playin so well for the comets!

ethos said:
But running with PJ as the sole hooker is a touch risky, knowing his luck he'll be injured somehow.

Yeah that's what I was thinking - PJ could definitely handle the full 80 if he doesn't go down with an injury

I fail to see why Dave Taylor is being continually left out of the team.

Taylor :-(

He's going to levae, and I don't blame him.

Maybe he's already leaving and it just hasn't been made public and that's why he's being left out. Maybe there are other off-field issues that Henjak deems he therefore needs to be dropped for x number of weeks. Maybe Henjak doesn't agree he's one of our top 17 players. Who knows it just is as it is right now.

Very odd! What if Locky doesn't back up, does that mean PJ -> 6, Gorrell -> 9?

Steve Michaels - GAH!

If Taylor is leaving why cant they just say so...leaving him out is just fueling the speculation

ningnangnong said:

Well he's played two games in Qld Cup, and by all reports his first was average. Not sure how his second went (anyone?) but if he wants a regular spot in the top 17 he should be tearing it up in the lower grades.

I would love Taylor to play the way we all know he can, but it's two different coaches now that have dropped him. Unless he has signed with someone else or has an injury, I think it's pretty obvious there's an attitude problem [icon_shru

schmix said:
ningnangnong said:

Well he's played two games in Qld Cup, and by all reports his first was average. Not sure how his second went (anyone?) but if he wants a regular spot in the top 17 he should be tearing it up in the lower grades.

I would love Taylor to play the way we all know he can, but it's two different coaches now that have dropped him. Unless he has signed with someone else or has an injury, I think it's pretty obvious there's an attitude problem [icon_shru

His game last week was average too.

I know one of the touch judges from his weekend game against Mackay and they said he was in everything.

Cutters FTW.

Or FTL if we're looking at the weekend just gone...

Coxyz said:
I know one of the touch judges from his weekend game against Mackay and they said he was in everything.

He's not playing like a prop though, he runs sideways too much and throws stupid passes to nobody.

Instead of just eating up the meters he crabs across the field looking for runners; he would serve the team much better if he just took the ball forward and offloaded when there was a chance (unless there is an overlap of course, he can pass then).

He does some freakish things but there are too many errors in his game, I think he needs to keep it simple.

Coach Ivan Henjak has named a 20-man squad for the game and will delay a decision on his starting side until assessing the fitness of several players involved in Friday night's Test against New Zealand and the City-Country Origin clash on the same night.

Manly are in the same position with a number of players involved in both representative clashes.

There's a slight possibility Henjak may rest champion five-eighth Darren Lockyer but he will leave that decision until after he consults his skipper following the Test.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.