Broncos vs Sharks.. Build up Thread

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
OK let us all move on from the Swine Flu debarcle and look forward to watching our young guns play next week...

I am hoping to see young BHUNT play I am interested to see if he is the light after Lockyer.. I would also like Copley to get a game to see if he can match it with the big boys..

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Alex Glenn
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. PJ Marsh
7. Ben Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Ashton Sims
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker (c)

14. Andrew McCullough
15. Lagi Setu
16. Josh McGuire
17. Dave Taylor

Thats a mix of what I would go with and what i think will get picked. I wouldn't want Hunt and McCullough in the halves together, they are too young and we need a experienced player in the halves. Also went with Gorrell starting at hooker because i think McCullough will bring some nice spark off the bench. I also would like to see young Copley get a shot but I can't see it happening.

I get the feeling Marsh will be named at 6 and McCullough at 9 but they will play the other way around.

I was really hoping this game wasn't going ot be baby broncos. We really need a win to get some confidence back. Defense, defense and some more defense please!

Whoever we play, if we neither get the defensive structure and communication right, and continue to play flat - without depth, we'll get smashed.

And I'd play T'eo at lock and have him running wide.

lockyer47 said:
I was really hoping this game wasn't going ot be baby broncos. We really need a win to get some confidence back. Defense, defense and some more defense please!

On the other hand, the Baby Broncos game is inevitable, so what better team to play than the ordinary Sharks? I reckon we'll have a win.

Heres something a bit different that i came up with.
1.Hoffman
2.Winterstein
3.Beale
4.Copley
5.Yow Yeh
6.Marsh
7.Hunt
8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Clinton
11.Glenn
12.Te'o
13.Parker (C)

14.Sims
15.McGuire
16.Wapau/Gorrell
17.Sweeney
I know it wont happen though.

I would like to see the following team picked. I think it is a good mix or youth and experience, and is probably one of the strongest Baby Broncos teams that we're ever fielded. Most of them have had some kind of first grade experience and can hopefully do the job for us.

I would like to see Winterstein moved to the centers for this game. I thought he looked pretty dangerous there when he and Michaels swapped the other week. I would actually say that I would prefer to see Winterstein play centers permanently ahead of Folau while Hodges is out.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Tom Hewitt
3. Steve Michaels
4. Antonio Winterstein
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Andrew McCullough
7. Ben Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. PJ Marsh
10. Joel Clinton
11. Ashton Sims
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Aaron Gorrell
15. Lagi Setu
16. Josh McGuire
17. Alex Glenn

Clintos said:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Tom Hewitt
3. Steve Michaels
4. Antonio Winterstein
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Andrew McCullough
7. Ben Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. PJ Marsh
10. Joel Clinton
11. Ashton Sims
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Aaron Gorrell
15. Lagi Setu
16. Josh McGuire
17. Alex Glenn

Seconded! That is probably the best we can come up with for the game against the Sharks and probably gives us the best chance of victory

Has Beale recovered from his broken hand? Like to see him at fullback if he has.

I reckon Tom Hewitt has to be in the backline somewhere, preferably at fullback.

From what I've seen in the Queensland Cup he looks the goods and would bring a bit of experience as well.

The Sharkies are starting to hit form now so I think if the Broncos can pull of a win or get very close it will be a huge result for the club. I would love to see Henjak get the boys back to performing the basics well rather than throwing wide for the backs all the time.

I thought you guys (fans of WBs removal) wanted the ball getting out to the backs,more creativity,ball movement etc...is'nt this team and it's current performance exactly what you were squealing about ?? I remember WBs method yielded 6 premierships but of course you'll all say it was the players he had and nothing to do with WBs coaching....is Henjak getting it wrong ??.............who can we blame for the current crap we're being handed >>><<<????????

Yes Wayne the Dragons are going well aren't they...

What's the obsession with "blame"? What if we just don't have the right ingredients this year? What if we're a team that is building towards something great in the next couple of years?

Yes I imagine the idea to change coaches was to get an improvement (or for Bruno to get full control), but I think people are kidding themselves if they thought Henjak would be brilliant in his first year. He's a rookie. He's going to get things wrong sometimes. Let's not become one of those teams that replaces their coach every two years because they're too impatient to wait for results.

Who wants to get rid of Henjak???

1. Hoffman
2. Winterstien
3. Michaels
4. Glenn
5. Yow Yeh
6. Marsh
7. Hunt/ Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. McGuire
12. Te'o
13. Parker (C)

14. McCullough
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. Setu

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • Alec
  • leon.bott
  • The Boss
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Rambstien
  • Clintos
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.