Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
schmix said:
Beads6 said:
Who wants to get rid of Henjak???

No-one that I've read of, yet. But that seems to be where we're headed.

a bit early for that... He needs to sort a few things out and he was the first to admit it at the post game press conference. He seems like a smart guy he will learn and hopefully turn things around.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
schmix said:
What's the obsession with "blame"? What if we just don't have the right ingredients this year? What if we're a team that is building towards something great in the next couple of years?

+1

If the goons in the peanut gallery had their way, Wayne Bennett would've been sacked in 1990 or 1991 because he made the tough call that Wally was a has been and had to go, then repeated the dose to Gene Miles.

Result?

Well if you need me to answer that question you aren't a Broncos fan.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Last thing we need is to sack a coach after 1 season or make massive wholesale changes to the squad or go on a spending spree (not that we can afford to).

No doubt Henjak has a plan and the club is aware of it. No doubt it's about building to something in 2010 or 2011.

For this season though, with the squad we have, there's still plenty of room for immediate improvement.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
No way is Ivan getting sacked, not after less than a year! We're not Parra, we don't go sacking coaches because of a bad run.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
1. Hoffman
2. Winterstien
3. Michaels
4. Glenn
5. Yow Yeh
6. McCullough
7. Hunt
8. Kenny
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. McGuire
12. Te'o
13. Parker (C)

14. Handcock
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. Setu

Should Wallace get dropped from NSW then Wallace to halfback Ben Hunt to 5/8 and McCullough back to the bench. then either Handcock or Taylor to drop out of the squad

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
ill happily lose every game for the rest of this year and next year if it meant building & winning the 2011 Grand final sending lockyer off on the best note possible.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Need of urgent short term improvement is definitely on the cards though. We are however defintiely in a rebuilding stage also.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think we need a different fill in captain. Someone who is going to yell to the players and fire them up. Parker doesn't do that at all.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Nashy said:
I think we need a different fill in captain. Someone who is going to yell to the players and fire them up. Parker doesn't do that at all.
Anyone in mind?
I know over the pre season there were numerous articles about Glenn and Kenny being good leaders.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
I'd give it to Marsh.

n607496005_2069768_2680832.jpg

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
Completely agree - the only emotion I see Parker show is usually in the last few minutes of a match when there's a bit of a stink on, he tends to always be involved in that. Otherwise, he just seems a bit too, I don't know, maybe uninterested in terms of firing the team up.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Whats with the dweeby looking bloke in Coxys post above......?? Who is it and what was the relevance ??? I've been out west and away from a computer most of the time so...anyone know ??

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
lyn said:
Nashy said:
Anyone in mind?
I know over the pre season there were numerous articles about Glenn and Kenny being good leaders.

If he stays, why not Hunt? We have all seen him fire up and yell at the players and does try and create more opportunities

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Looking forward to this game. I love watching the team minus our rep stars. They're more than capable but winning at Shark Park on a Monday night will be mighty tough.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:

Honestly how do you know that Parker doesn't yell at his troops??? How many captains in the NRL yell at there players???

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Beads6 said:
Nashy said:

Honestly how do you know that Parker doesn't yell at his troops??? How many captains in the NRL yell at there players???

Honestly, do you watch the games? How many times have you seen Parker yelling compared to Lockyer, Hunt and Thaiday?

Unread

Active Now

• rj9
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Seibs
  • Galah
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.