Broncos vs Sharks - Build up thread

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Bucking Beads said:
shaneomac said:
some late mail says kenny is not going to play???

and that beale and hunt are both on the bench and setu is playing still.

i am disappoint!!!

Beale and Hunt on the bench makes me want to hurt someone!! I am sick to death of the copping and changing the centres during games!!

$10 says that if Beale does indeed play he starts and Gillett is benched.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Beale on the bench is definitely a worry. Especially that he is the player that comes in now Kenny is injured.

Thank god we signed Tronc.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
just got offered a job, looks like i might be able to make it after all. wahoo

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Congrats on the offer and congrats on the chance to see Brisbane chalk up a win 40-6

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
Bucking Beads said:
shaneomac said:
some late mail says kenny is not going to play???

and that beale and hunt are both on the bench and setu is playing still.

i am disappoint!!!

Beale and Hunt on the bench makes me want to hurt someone!! I am sick to death of the copping and changing the centres during games!!

$10 says that if Beale does indeed play he starts and Gillett is benched.

Well if that happens good but to persist with 2 backs on the bench when our forwards get pumped most weeks is stupidity IMO. I'd prefer to see Glenn at centre and Beale to QLD cup.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
i would prefer Copley given another chance. But nooooo

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ddd said:
Why did sims not come in for Kenny? Seriously?

because Henjak and Sims don't get along. It is ridiculous first Clinton got pushed out of Red Hill now Ashton and no doubt his brothers will follow!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Do you think Sims will give up? He comes across as a guy who will keep pushing and trying.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Bucking Beads said:
ddd said:
Why did sims not come in for Kenny? Seriously?

because Henjak and Sims don't get along. It is ridiculous first Clinton got pushed out of Red Hill now Ashton and no doubt his brothers will follow!

Is it that Henjak can't get over himself - he is not a bronco in a henjak suit

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
Do you think Sims will give up? He comes across as a guy who will keep pushing and trying.

He will keep pushing but will no doubt only get another run when we are stuggling or injuries strike.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
This calls for a Facebook group! "Return Sims to first grade"

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It won't make a difference it is pretty clear wel lit has been for the last 2 seasons Ivan has not time for Sims and he will leave and become the player we need at the Broncos.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
It won't make a difference it is pretty clear wel lit has been for the last 2 seasons Ivan has not time for Sims and he will leave and become the player we need at the Broncos.

The way you are going on about Sims make him sound like some world-class superstar...in actual fact he's probably played 3 great games, 20 solid games and the rest of his games for the Broncos in the past few seasons have been cod-ordinary.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Meat77 said:
Bucking Beads said:

The way you are going on about Sims make him sound like some world-class superstar...in actual fact he's probably played 3 great games, 20 solid games and the rest of his games for the Broncos in the past few seasons have been cod-ordinary.

He has been better than you suggest. When he plays he makes the team better, he adds aggression and gives 110% all the time.. He could be better if the coach gave him confidence instead of dropping him for no reason. Te'o or Setu have been no better in Broncos colours than Sims. Seriously Setu who I was keen to see develop has serious problems in the brain and Te'o is a pretty boy who doesn't play anywhere near as good as he should./

Also over the past 2 seasons the Broncos have played at there best when Sims was in the team and in form. No surprise to me. [icon_shru

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I think the main thing is the fact some of Sims best work has been the limited chances he has had this season. I dont care if he was cod-ordinary in the past. What matters to me right now is the fact he has lifted a gear both this Season and towards the end of last.

At season start i was not to worried i figured there must be a reason his not in first grade and i was fine with that. Now after watching him play well and having Beale on the bench it worries me.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Maybe the reason he gets dropped is because, as I suggest, the majority of the time he goes missing in games and doesn't play anywhere as well as someone on his salary should. And the fact that T'eo and Setu haven't been consistent performers either doesn't really have any relevance to Sims.

His first 3 or 4 games in 2008 were fantastic - after that I'm afraid to say he has been supremely disappointing for the most part. And that matches up pretty well with how he performed at the Dragons as well - none of the Dragons fans I know were terribly disappointed when he left for the same reason.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Bah we just strayed from topic again!!!

Bring on Sunday!!!! 40-6 i tell ya

Active Now

• scobie
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BooKhaki
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • Scdeac
  • Swordfish
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.