Broncos vs Sharks - Build up thread

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
draggx said:
Bah we just strayed from topic again!!!

Bring on Sunday!!!! 40-6 i tell ya

Maybe not 40-6 but for some reason I am confident of posting a comfortable win this week

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Yeah we will hit 40.. So much pure talent at Brisbane in the backs it just has to click once for it to all come together.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I predict the Broncos to win and win well!! Hoffman will score 2 and Folau will score 2 after not passing to his open winger on 2 occasions!! Dodds to make 40+ tackles also.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
Dodds for 40? no more Jd for you.

I have Dodds love he is the 2nd workhorse we need so Thaiday and Wallace can weave more magic in attack!! More JD more I say icon_thumbs_u

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I would love to see Dodds and Kenny stick to no frills football and just get us up the field. Let players like Gillett and Thaiday do the magic.

Lui is another magic man with Anderson a good chance at being a no frills workhorse but able to pull off the magic when needed similar to Parker.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Lui is a massive impact player I would have left him on the bench for sure.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
99% Chance. I think Kenny is the only named player not playing. Again anything can change.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hmmm...it looks like the game on Sunday's going to get a good crowd. I contacted Ticketek and checked out their website and the best available seat is on the top tier.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
For fun.

Nah, my sister wanted me to suss out tickets for her boyfriend and his mates.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
KrispyKris said:
Hmmm...it looks like the game on Sunday's going to get a good crowd. I contacted Ticketek and checked out their website and the best available seat is on the top tier.

Wow must have sold well since 9am then.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...te-withdrawal-for-broncos-in-nrl/default.aspx

Brisbane's forward muscle has taken a late hit, with prop Nick Kenny breaking down at training on Saturday morning.

It's the second week in a row Kenny has been ruled out late, following his withdrawal from the Dragons' game the previous weekend.

While goal-kicking lock Corey Parker and winger Jharal Yow Yeh confirmed their starting spots, Kenny limped from the field midway through the final training session with a calf muscle injury, ahead of Sunday's clash with the Sharks.

Parker will come into the starting pack with either Lagi Setu or Alex Glenn dropping to the bench.

Kenny, who had been struggling to play with a lower back injury, was disappointed to be ruled out.

With the exception of glamour centre Justin Hodges and winger Denan Kemp, Brisbane look close to top strength against the battling Sharks in what shapes as a must-win game for both clubs.

Coach Ivan Henjak, who wasn't in his usual talkative mood, had no idea of how serious Kenny's injury might be.

"He popped a calf out there, so he's out," said Henjak.

"It's only just happened, I don't know how bad it is.

"He hadn't trained with us much all week, so we're going with the side that trained all week. We should be able to handle it."

The knives will be out for Brisbane if they can't beat Cronulla at home, with the side boosted by the returns of Israel Folau, Parker, Yow Yeh and suspended duo Ben Te'o and Antonio Winterstein.

"It always helps to get a few players back and they're probably coming back at a good time for us," said Henjak.

"It will help a few of the young guys to have a bit of experience around them, but we know it's going to be a tough physical battle."

Sharks' halfback Tim Smith, who was part of Brisbane's pre-season campaign, returns looking to cause more pain for the Broncos.

"He's a smart footballer, he's experienced and he's hungry too," said Henjak.

"He's keen to make this work and he'll be dangerous.

"They've got some other dangerous (players) in (Paul) Gallen, (Anthony) Tupou, (Grant) Millington, (Trent) Barrett and (Nathan) Stapleton at fullback and (Blake) Ferguson on the wing, so we're going to have to be very good."

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
If Beale and Hunt are both on the Bench i am going to be massivly pissed off. The sharks have a good pack so WHERE THE F IS SIMS after Kenny is out????? If we go into the game with only two fowards on the bench we will get smashed in the fowards and it wouldnt suprise me if we get smashed on the score board.

FYI Ivan - Snowden, Topu, Gallen, Douglas are a very GOOD pack and if we have backs on the bench we will loose!!!!

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Surely Sims has to be brought in now that Kenny is out ??

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
i think according to that parker is the one being brought in and setu may go back to the bench.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Ejbroncos
  • theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • BooKhaki
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.