Broncos Vs. Souths - Post Match Discussion

Steve said:
Hopefully the Broncos manage to put on a better pre-game tribute for the ANZACS. It seemed rushed, corny and unorganised. And those in the crowd who felt compelled to yell during the whole thing shame on you...

I think it was rushed because Souths stayed out on the field to have a full training session instead of just a warm up. But I still think it was a pretty nice tribute. Most people had probably already been to an ANZAC thing during the day (or spent the day watching them on TV).

Jazza said:
guppy said:
"They longest I've gone at the Broncos without a win is seven matches,'' he said.

I could've sworn we lost eight in a row at one point, possibly 2003? But I guess it is quoting Bennett.

I think one of those games, Kevin Walters coached with Wayne having Origin duties. Might've helped the record but very sneaky techicality there by the great Bennett there icon_thumbs_u

Jazza said:
guppy said:
"They longest I've gone at the Broncos without a win is seven matches,'' he said.

I could've sworn we lost eight in a row at one point, possibly 2003? But I guess it is quoting Bennett.

Twice actually. 2003, and then 2005-06. Lost the last 7 in 2005 from memory, then lost to the Cowboys in round 1 of 2006.

Jazza said:
guppy said:

From the Broncos site (2005):
Brisbane's end of season woes have gone beyond a concern, with their finals record since their 2000 premiership victory now a disgraceful 2-8, and having lost their last 6 finals games. Their 7-game losing streak to finish the season was nearly as bad as their 8-game streak that saw them fade out in 2003. In 2001 they lost 6 in a row before scoring a last win before the finals

http://www.broncos.com.au/index.php?page_id=2401

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brotherdu
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.