Broncos Vs. Souths - Post Match Discussion

Really harsh for a guy who plays every game last season to be out for the rest of this season.

Unlucky, hope he heals well and comes back in 09 with the same form. Tough pill.

pennywisealfie said:
i won the doubles :)

Congrats!!! Did you get the $2 or $5 ones?

I thought the game was great! Everyone played really well. I really like Boyd playing fullback, he stepped up tonight. Also, it's such a shame that Michaels got injured... :(

Thaiday
Ennis
Moon
Boyd

All of the above played brilliantly. Hodges passing game was nice to see! And his and TC's determination was amazing.

Haha, Rabbitohs really do suck I'm afraid.

^ Exactly. They should have never been allowed back in. I hope the NRL has closed that legal loophole and gets rid of them.

I thought Moon was good tonight and i'd select him in the centers for the rest of the year, will be good to give him some game time and i think he could go alright at center. (I'm assuming that Michaels is out for the season off course, thats just bad luck, 2 season ending injuries in the last 3 years).

Thaiday was absolutely dominating tonight BRILLIANT performance from him. keep it up Thaiday icon_thumbs_u

I've been saying it for ages, if Ennis can get some game time under his belt, with no injuries, in his best position then he will excel and be a great hooker for us. I think he is showing that now. Marsh will only get a bench role when he gets back.

Nashy said:
^ Exactly. They should have never been allowed back in. I hope the NRL has closed that legal loophole and gets rid of them.

When the coach comes out and says that the team is not good enough to be playing in the NRL it is a disgrace.Not a disgrace on Taylors part for saying it but the team themselves.They could be a good side .They are lazy.

Lockyer was just out there to test out the leg & get some match fitness in over 80min letting Wallace&co run the show brilliantly.Hope the leg pulls up okay for him today& great to see him back.Rather he put the Broncos first though and not play rep footy.

Sad day to see Micheals ending the year with such a shocking injury.Footy Gods are cruel.Been a great assett for the Broncs and hoping he will come back playing just as well as ever and still a part of our team 2009.

Great to see Sammy get M.O.M.Such an exciting player to watch and how good is he going still.His sense of humor made Johns look a fool in the post match interview.Funny guy.
Boyd was great and it felt like we didn't miss K at all.Sad but true.Great gameTC.Will be back next week.
Loving Ennis more each week.

Hodgo as much as I do love him is a showman and a bit of a sook(lol).Seen Bennett have a little joke at him in the dressing room while he was being checked out and Hodgo looked up and laughed.Bad injury and he wouldn't have risked him in the last 5min.
Good on you though Hodgo for coming out and playing with a cold. [icon_wink

Well done to the boys but they must learn not to fall into the trap of playing like the opposition when they could have racked up 50 points even with injuries.

I wish NSW would keep there hands off our players for the City Country games.They serve no purpose.The players they speak of taking to this game will not make the Origin or the Aussie side but risk injury by playing it and also weakens our team for the weekend.

Great crowd.34,000 plus. [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

if only Hodges passed to Robinson on the play where he got injured. Merritt was back pedalling and reece would have ran straight passed him.

Great game by ppl who needed it. Moon, Robinson,Clinton and kenny was a standout.
Last 20 was disappointing but with all the injuries we can let them off the hook for not shutting the game completley out.

I still cringe when Locky makes a tackle or gets tackled but he did well should be more himself next week.

Was is just me, but to me from the very first tackle Souths were out to cause injuries.

bfoord said:
I thought Moon was good tonight and i'd select him in the centers for the rest of the year, will be good to give him some game time and i think he could go alright at center. (I'm assuming that Michaels is out for the season off course, thats just bad luck, 2 season ending injuries in the last 3 years).

Thaiday was absolutely dominating tonight BRILLIANT performance from him. keep it up Thaiday icon_thumbs_u

I've been saying it for ages, if Ennis can get some game time under his belt, with no injuries, in his best position then he will excel and be a great hooker for us. I think he is showing that now. Marsh will only get a bench role when he gets back.

Totally agree, although I think Ennis is already a great hooker for us and getting better and better.

Marsh in my opinion is the ideal bench utility.

I think Eastwood needs to lift his game as well.

And dare I say it, I rather like the look of Boyd at FB. Given the excellent games by Kemp and Robinson on the wings, what will happen when Hunt returns?

Kaz said:
Was is just me, but to me from the very first tackle Souths were out to cause injuries.

Just you Kaz, ridiculous comment !!!

Did you not see how Michaels got hurt, or the 2 players going into a tackles & sandwiching a player.

Opps, it's just me, disregard my ridiculous comment

Souths were out to hurt us, but that's what every team does.

Michaels' injury was horrific, but it's just one of those things that happens in such a fast-paced, high contact sport like RL. I despise Vagana (the overrated nuffy!) but there was clearly no malice in the tackle.

Solid win. Had a plan, knew what was needed to win, did it and came away with 2 points. The injury toll was a very unfortunate price to pay.

Poor Michaels. At least Moon stood up and played well in the centres though.

And Sammy. Where have you been? Great to have you back buddy! :P

Ennis and Thaiday were great.

We played well within ourselves late in the 2nd half, never in danger of losing.

I thought Nick Kenny was quite good.

Agree with pretty much all that has already been said, but I'd like to add that I thought Joel Clinton had his best game since joining. Hopefully he continues to improve with every passing week.

Also, was it just me who thought it was wrong for that stupid bloody rabbit to lead Souths onto the field and line up with the team for what was meant to be a solemn ceremony? [icon_confu

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • something
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.