Broncos Vs. Souths - Post Match Discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Did well to hold on in the end, a fair few injuries picked up.

Sam Thaiday best individual performance ive seen by a bronco since Lockyer 06'......absolutely outstanding!!! Droped like flies and let them back in, without injuries would have been very comfortable win, Lockyers timing was off but will be better for the run.....

Sam Thaiday and Michel Ennis were immense. Joel Moon was superb in attack too, and Nick Kenny proved me wrong (I never rated him at all) by having a great game as well. Great effort. We would have won by even more had we had not so many injuries.

What a cut out pass! Sammy got MOTM and good on him.

Defence was a little bit disappointing at times, but we are scoring some really exciting tries. We are punishing every mistake made by the opposition. This is what wins games.

Ennis was great. I don't know what to do when PJ Marsh comes back because we need Ennis playing hooker for 80 mins each week. A scrum win against the feed says it all.

Congratulations to Joel Clinton who only dropped the ball backwards tonight! No knock-ons!
Poor bugger got called Dave Taylor, Joel Moon and Nick Kenny by the commentators though.

Danger game? Naaah.

Looks like Michaels is gonna be out for a while. Moon deserves another go based on tonights performance.

Good effort to hold on, Thaiday had his best club game ever. Ennis was good again and so were many others in a really good team effort, Robinson played his best game in first grade by a mile, Sims was better and Hannant was Hannant. That being said if the Rabbits were any other side in the comp we probably would have lost even though we were great under the circumstances, they were woeful and handed us points tonight, they are so crap it isn't funny if they played like that for the full 80 against us at full strength we would have won by 60.

weeee said:
Looks like Michaels is gonna be out for a while. Moon deserves another go based on tonights performance.

That knee injury just gave him a 100k pay-cut no one will offer him big money now and we will probably re-sign him on the cheap, the poor bastard.

Yeah, the one huge positive out of Michaels's injury is that we could probably re-sign him now. But depending on how long he's out for, it's unknown if he could come back to his best in the future. I think this could potentially make him a worse player for the rest of his career. Pretty dissapointing.

Alec said:
Yeah, the one huge positive out of Michaels's injury is that we could probably re-sign him now. But depending on how long he's out for, it's unknown if he could come back to his best in the future. I think this could potentially make him a worse player for the rest of his career. Pretty dissapointing.

Yeah sometimes it ruins careers especially for outside backs but hopefully like some it doesn't have that affect as he seems like a good kid that really gives it his all.

I think our last try in the 80th minute really summed up the new mentality of the team.

The Broncos team of the past few seasons would have been content to simply ruck it up and then kick it out. This year we're shifting the ball out wide even when we're abosutely buggered and comfortably ahead. It's great to see.

It was also great to see Moon get a full match on the field. He's definitely got the talent, he just needs the time to show it.

The enthusiasm in the defensive line from the first month was back again tonight, they really pushed up hard as a unit tonight which is great to see. Sims and Thaiday were really brutal in the first half really set the tone for the match.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
The enthusiasm in the defensive line from the first month was back again tonight, they really pushed up hard as a unit tonight which is great to see. Sims and Thaiday were really brutal in the first half really set the tone for the match.

at stages it was back. Our defense ran hot and cold tonight. One set of six we were brutal, the next cats.

JOEL MOON people give the kid a wrap.. He finally gets to play decent minutes and he shos us what we have been missing out on. Give Moon Michaels spot he deserves it. Sam Thaiday brillant, shoudl be selected in the Aussie team for sure. Wallace and Ennis continue to guide the team around. Boyd ever improving player with huge potential. Keep up the good work boys loving it.

That broncos song after the game.

"Maroone"

[icon_shru

Was it written by an italian? [icon_drun

Anyway, great game in light of the injuries we had. Hope they aren't serious although Michaels looks gone for the season.

2 tries each to Moon and Kemp. That will help them keep their places. Thought Robinson was excellent in attack aside from that play the ball stuff up.

Best wishes to Michaels on his recovery, that was sickening to watch.

However, Michael's misfortune could be Joel Moon's biggest break to date. He's been on the fringes for some time now and hasn't overly impressed in the limited game time he's had. If he is named in the 17 next week or better still starting in the centres, then this is his chance to really unleash his potential and prove to the club that he can be a regular, permanent feature in the team for this season - probably the other centre position this year if he can, leading to a weekly spot somewhere in the 17 next year (assuming he sticks around).

He really does need to make the big step up now, this is his opportunity. I hope he can make the most of it and succeed.

On another note, is it too much to ask of the Football Gods to let us get through just one game without a couple of reasonably high profile injuries? Amazing that we're in the position we're in despite the losses in personnel. Shows how much we've improved and changed compared to recent seasons.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Best wishes to Michaels on his recovery, that was sickening to watch.

However, Michael's misfortune could be Joel Moon's biggest break to date. He's been on the fringes for some time now and hasn't overly impressed in the limited game time he's had. If he is named in the 17 next week or better still starting in the centres, then this is his chance to really unleash his potential and prove to the club that he can be a regular, permanent feature in the team for this season - probably the other centre position this year if he can, leading to a weekly spot somewhere in the 17 next year (assuming he sticks around).

He really does need to make the big step up now, this is his opportunity. I hope he can make the most of it and succeed.

Mate, i'd love that to happen.

Though, I have a sinking feeling that Stagg will be in the centres again next week with Hodges alongside him.

It would be excellent if Moon was given the opportunity to build on tonights performance.

Michaels gone for the year busted ACL. At the game the tackle looked ugly from the start. Nothing ilegal about it at all but always looked likely to cause damage.

As above good effoorts from Thaiday, Kenny, Carol, Ennis and Hannant in the fowards.

Eastwood as usual is lazy in D particularly when trailing inside.

Robinson -- No. Not up to it yet?

Overall a half decent side would have got us tonight or maybe we just played down to their level.

Great game again by Sammy T, he is in tremendous form at present and great to see what he can do when fit. His chasedown of a wingers break was superb to watch.

Agree that Ennis continues to impress from dummy half and great stuff getting a tighthead (most youngsters round here have probably never seen one of them before [icon_lol1. ) On saying that at times he still needs to pick when he runs himself a bit better i.e. attempt to dive over from dummy half when hands was on.

Shame to see Michaels injured and wish him a speedy recovery but unfortunately I don't we will see him back this season, possibly his last game in a Broncos jersey :cry: . The silver lining, if there can be one, was the way Moon played in the centres, the great in and away for Kemps first try, his solid defence, strength in attack to score his first and support play for the 2nd, great work Joel, now just have to back it up next week.

Good to see Kemp back on his game after an off week last week, and Boyd at the back was excellent and safe as a bank under the high ball.

Solid effort at best tonight, but we will need to play better when we play the better teams in upcoming weeks.

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.