Broncos vs Storm- Better Days

Coxy said:
Agree Mal. It was very easy for Ashton to avoid that situation. a) Don't run it up so hard; b) don't run with the ball in your leading arm; c) turn your back into the defence so as not to make the ball an easy target.

d) Pee blood for days after copping kidney shots from turning back to defence. [icon_lol1.

It should have been our premiership again this year.
Grrrrr [icon_thumbs_do [icon_thumbs_do

Pretty easy in hindsight to talk about all the ways Ashton could have avoided dropping the ball. I think he ran full-tilt at the defence because he was thinking the same thing as me: "This is pretty bad field position - if we don't make some ground from this set to get it down the other end we'll be struggling." Yes I was thinking that even with 2 minutes to go - we won't survive another set of 6 with them attacking our end. Wish I'd been wrong!

The best thing about last Saturday, is we didn't lose to them in the GF.

That would have cut far deeper IMO.

I'm so glad the Warriors made us play them up here....it saved our glorious GF record!

Astroboy said:
Pretty easy in hindsight to talk about all the ways Ashton could have avoided dropping the ball. I think he ran full-tilt at the defence because he was thinking the same thing as me: "This is pretty bad field position - if we don't make some ground from this set to get it down the other end we'll be struggling." Yes I was thinking that even with 2 minutes to go - we won't survive another set of 6 with them attacking our end. Wish I'd been wrong!

But Lockyer would have booted it down field or certainly into touch.
Anyways it's been a week and we are still going on about it.

Let us all gather and cheer on Manly though, if storm wins the GF, I'm going to puke.

Sorry guys, I can put the total blame on Ash's shoulders. Yes he played a part, a bloody big part BUT in saying that. IF Locky had taken the 2 (like we have done all season) in would have used up some time. IF Hodgo had past the ball, Kempy may have scored, IF Ben had pushed alittle harder he may have put the ball over the line.
All the If's, what could have beens, etc dont help now.
I'm as pissed as the next guy, but to blame one person, not fair! It was a team effort, and as a team they all made mistakes (some more than others). And maybe if Mr Bennett wasn't going to the dragqueens, he would have cared alittle more to what the boys were getting up to.
And after watching the game on fri nite, I know we could have got into the GF and possibly won, but hey! life's a bitch.
So for fuk sake, build a bridge--- GET OVER IT
09 has so many things to look forward to, and a whole new ball game [icon_wink

Still would have had to beat Manly who are in awesome form. I would rather see Ryan Hoffman in tears again than get all disappointed if we lost the GF

Probably without those handful of injured players plus maybe less another 3.

I wondered that last night subsbligh,; would we have been able to beat Manly? It's definetly not a guarantee.

The Rock said:
Hammo said:
I wondered that last night subsbligh,; would we have been able to beat Manly? It's definetly not a guarantee.

Yeah. Maybe our loss to the Storm in the Semi was a blessing in disguise? Maybe it would have hurt more to lose the GF (not maybe, it WOULD have).

Granted it would hurt heaps to lose a GF but I'd rather be in one that not. And there's always the chance of an upset in the big one.

Coxy said:
Ruben Wiki didn't get bloody kidneys :P

Ruben Wiki actually eats real people kidneys for breakfast. That's why he is so orsm.

Je$ter said:
Coxy said:
Ruben Wiki didn't get bloody kidneys :P

Ruben Wiki actually eats real people kidneys for breakfast. That's why he is so orsm.

Pre game he drinks the blood of puppies....but only the cute ones.

Is this a Steve Price-esque cult we're starting for Wiki now?

Not much to do atm, so I've fired up nrl.com and am watching the Broncos v Knights Semi in 06...Lolz, best game ever.
Just saw Petero's try, the look on his face when he's lookin up at the ref and placing the ball over the line - classic!

Also particularly enjoy the fact that this is Joey's last final (even though he didn't know it) and his team were woeful and he knocked on the ball. The only bad thing about this game is the 6 points they got.

mrslong said:
Not much to do atm, so I've fired up nrl.com and am watching the Broncos v Knights Semi in 06...Lolz, best game ever.
Just saw Petero's try, the look on his face when he's lookin up at the ref and placing the ball over the line - classic!

Also particularly enjoy the fact that this is Joey's last final (even though he didn't know it) and his team were woeful and he knocked on the ball. The only bad thing about this game is the 6 points they got.

Is that the game where Brent Tate scored an absolute pearler? Where he basically ran around the Knights players using pure speed?

He scored an absolute pearler getting through about 5 knights players using absolute brute strength....

mrslong said:
He scored an absolute pearler getting through about 5 knights players using absolute brute strength....

Hrmm, different game, still miss having Tate around, heavily criticized in these parts, but i thought he was always one of the best centers in the world, even though he never passed the ball. [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• Rah88
  • scobie
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.