Broncos vs Storm- Better Days

fenomeno said:
mrslong said:
He scored an absolute pearler getting through about 5 knights players using absolute brute strength....

Hrmm, different game, still miss having Tate around, heavily criticized in these parts, but i thought he was always one of the best centers in the world, even though he never passed the ball. [icon_lol1.
and rarely caught it [icon_lol1. I'm a tate hater, aka a Tater....but of course he has impressed this year in NZ :roll:

Origin 3 2006 he ran around using super speed after Thursto dummied through a gap, it was awesome.

mrslong said:
fenomeno said:
mrslong said:
He scored an absolute pearler getting through about 5 knights players using absolute brute strength....

Hrmm, different game, still miss having Tate around, heavily criticized in these parts, but i thought he was always one of the best centers in the world, even though he never passed the ball. [icon_lol1.
and rarely caught it [icon_lol1. I'm a tate hater, aka a Tater....but of course he has impressed this year in NZ :roll:

Origin 3 2006 he ran around using super speed after Thursto dummied through a gap, it was awesome.

That origin try was indeed a great display of speed, but one try he scored against the Knights, Round 11, 2007, we won 71-6, and he ran around a fair few for a try in that one, showed great pace.

Ooh Round 11 2007 was a sensational game, was at the pub in Noosa watching it avoiding the rain. The whole team was awesome...sigh...then the injuries struck.

He was orsmness in Origin 1 and 2 this year. Pure passion.

fenomeno said:
mrslong said:
Not much to do atm, so I've fired up nrl.com and am watching the Broncos v Knights Semi in 06...Lolz, best game ever.
Just saw Petero's try, the look on his face when he's lookin up at the ref and placing the ball over the line - classic!

Also particularly enjoy the fact that this is Joey's last final (even though he didn't know it) and his team were woeful and he knocked on the ball. The only bad thing about this game is the 6 points they got.

Is that the game where Brent Tate scored an absolute pearler? Where he basically ran around the Knights players using pure speed?

there was also a similar try back in... hmm 04 was it? locky gave him a great short ball and he was off around robbie o davies with pure speed. Good try. For those who remember it, I always wandered why we didnt use tate like this more, often the tactics with tate was to give him wide space for the in and out, which worked only few and far between, Tate is a strong runner, the short ball was the go with him imo. (This would have created half busts as well, pity he wouldn't have passed it anyway)

in the gf and against the dogs in 06, tate dropped the ball a lot. so much that locky clearly mouths off at him lol.

fenomeno said:
mrslong said:
Not much to do atm, so I've fired up nrl.com and am watching the Broncos v Knights Semi in 06...Lolz, best game ever.
Just saw Petero's try, the look on his face when he's lookin up at the ref and placing the ball over the line - classic!

Also particularly enjoy the fact that this is Joey's last final (even though he didn't know it) and his team were woeful and he knocked on the ball. The only bad thing about this game is the 6 points they got.

Is that the game where Brent Tate scored an absolute pearler? Where he basically ran around the Knights players using pure speed?
I think your thinking of the game last yr where we won 71-6. he scored a pearler then im pretty sure...

0,,6273041,00.jpg

/thread

icon_thumbs_u

bwa ha ha ha ha ha. I never get sick of looking at that.

lockyer47 said:
fenomeno said:
mrslong said:

there was also a similar try back in... hmm 04 was it? locky gave him a great short ball and he was off around robbie o davies with pure speed. Good try. For those who remember it, I always wandered why we didnt use tate like this more, often the tactics with tate was to give him wide space for the in and out, which worked only few and far between, Tate is a strong runner, the short ball was the go with him imo. (This would have created half busts as well, pity he wouldn't have passed it anyway)

Tate laid on a try for Hodges as he was going into touch vs. Manly. The best way to describe is the reverse gidley. Think it was in 06 or 05 and it was quite awesome.

Yeah, remember that try. They play it on the TVs at Broncos Leagues club still! LOL

I think it's time to fire up the Grand Final 2006. Again. Oh yeah.

mrslong said:

You can't watch that without watching the semi first, what a game it was.. icon_thumbs_u

Yeah, with the exception of 1992, I think in every year the Broncos have won the premiership there's been at least 1 semi that was more exciting or exhilarating than the Grand Final.

1993: vs Canberra in week 2 and vs Canterbury in week 3
1997: vs Cronulla in the major semi - 34-2, absolutely annihilated them
1998: vs Roosters in the prelim - 46-18, absolutely annihilated them...though the GF itself was a performance not to be sneezed at
2000: vs Parra in the prelim - who can forget Gordy's spectacular individual try, and then Thorny's crash over to finish them off, and the verbals he gave after?
2006: vs Canterbury in the prelim - that second half, ZOMG

fenomeno said:
mrslong said:

You can't watch that without watching the semi first, what a game it was.. icon_thumbs_u
watched it (them) _woohoo_ yesterday [icon_shady

Coxy said:
Yeah, with the exception of 1992, I think in every year the Broncos have won the premiership there's been at least 1 semi that was more exciting or exhilarating than the Grand Final.

1993: vs Canberra in week 2 and vs Canterbury in week 3
1997: vs Cronulla in the major semi - 34-2, absolutely annihilated them
1998: vs Roosters in the prelim - 46-18, absolutely annihilated them...though the GF itself was a performance not to be sneezed at
2000: vs Parra in the prelim - who can forget Gordy's spectacular individual try, and then Thorny's crash over to finish them off, and the verbals he gave after?
2006: vs Canterbury in the prelim - that second half, ZOMG

Didn't we play Cronula in a semi in 2000? I remember the score was Sharks 14-6 with 5mins to go, Thorny crashes over and drops it. Then Wendell scores 2 tries to win the game anyway. Shhh shh shhh

Spud: that wasn't a semi, that was like round 4 of the season.

In the semi the Broncos were down 20-6 against the 8th placed Sharks...ended up winning 34-20.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Swordfish
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.